Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Acupuncture??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Acupuncture??

Have anyone tried acupuncture for firtility? I am strongly thinking about having acupuncture before and after my next transfer. I have already requested for an appointment.
I did acupuncture with my ivf cycle ! Unfortunetly it didn't work but the nurse that did it told me it gives you up to a 45% increase in getting preggers ! When i have my 2nd ivf cycle i am goin to get it done again ! It isn't going to hurt and if it doesn't work your not gonna wanna look back and think if you would have got it the results might have been different I recommend it to everyone even though it didn't work with me ! p.s it was only $350 more
I did with my second ivf and i think it helped with the egg quality cause it was much better than the one without.It didn't work for me but i will start it again with this cycle.I think it works
silapooh: hi i tried acupuncture with my 2nd ivf,i did on the day of transfer too & i got my BFP & iam still doing acupuncture twice a week iam 8weeks&4days pregnent rightnow.so goodluck.acupuncture does help in fertility.
All- Thanks for everyone's response. I am going to do the acupuncture before and after my transfer. I've read that it helps relax you. Thanks again.
Hi, i'm not undergoing IVF at the moment but I have recently started seeing an acupuncturist in the hopes of increasing my fertility.  We've been trying for quite some time no so I figured "why not give it a try".

I  cannot believe the difference that it has made.  Usually i have very little bleeding with my AF (insufficient lining for implantation), this past month I had tons - much like the periods I had back when I was around 20 or so. (I'm 36 now) Before acupuncture I had little or no CM.  My CM this past month has been plentiful.

So although I'm not having acupuncture in conjunction with IVF - I certainly can vouch for the fact that it has the ability to change things in a woman's body.  As long as your RE knows that you will be undergoing the acupuncture along with the IVF and is ok with it - then I say GO FOR IT!!!!

I can hardly wait to hear about your BFP very soon!

Gigi