Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Acupuncture??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Acupuncture??

Have anyone tried acupuncture for firtility? I am strongly thinking about having acupuncture before and after my next transfer. I have already requested for an appointment.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I did acupuncture with my ivf cycle ! Unfortunetly it didn't work but the nurse that did it told me it gives you up to a 45% increase in getting preggers ! When i have my 2nd ivf cycle i am goin to get it done again ! It isn't going to hurt and if it doesn't work your not gonna wanna look back and think if you would have got it the results might have been different I recommend it to everyone even though it didn't work with me ! p.s it was only $350 more
Blank
215752 tn?1278008371
I did with my second ivf and i think it helped with the egg quality cause it was much better than the one without.It didn't work for me but i will start it again with this cycle.I think it works
Blank
768616 tn?1322669420
silapooh: hi i tried acupuncture with my 2nd ivf,i did on the day of transfer too & i got my BFP & iam still doing acupuncture twice a week iam 8weeks&4days pregnent rightnow.so goodluck.acupuncture does help in fertility.
Blank
All- Thanks for everyone's response. I am going to do the acupuncture before and after my transfer. I've read that it helps relax you. Thanks again.
Blank
865566 tn?1356703962
Hi, i'm not undergoing IVF at the moment but I have recently started seeing an acupuncturist in the hopes of increasing my fertility.  We've been trying for quite some time no so I figured "why not give it a try".

I  cannot believe the difference that it has made.  Usually i have very little bleeding with my AF (insufficient lining for implantation), this past month I had tons - much like the periods I had back when I was around 20 or so. (I'm 36 now) Before acupuncture I had little or no CM.  My CM this past month has been plentiful.

So although I'm not having acupuncture in conjunction with IVF - I certainly can vouch for the fact that it has the ability to change things in a woman's body.  As long as your RE knows that you will be undergoing the acupuncture along with the IVF and is ok with it - then I say GO FOR IT!!!!

I can hardly wait to hear about your BFP very soon!

Gigi
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources