Allergic Reaction to Pregnancy Hormones??
We did a frozen embryo transfer on 8/4.  I have been giving myself progesterone in oil shots for about two weeks now.  Last Sunday, I began itching in various places on my body (waist line, under arms, and upper back/neck).  By Monday, it was full on itch from the top of my  head to the bottom of my feet!  It was horrible!  So I went to my fertilitiy Dr on Tuesday morning and they thought I might be allergic to the type of oil my progesterone was in so they switched it.  I woke up this morning and my body was red and itchy worse than before!  I literally started clawing myself to get some relief.  I went to my family practice Dr this morning and he game me meds that won't affect my pregnancy and I have felt some relief since.  There is a chance I'm allergic to the actual PROGESTERONE!!! argh!  Not something I can stop injecting!  Anyone else have this type of reaction to any of their fertility drugs?  Will I have to suffer like this for the entire first trimester?!?!  I'll do it if it is a must, as it is worth it to me, but I need to find ways to stop from scratching!  Help!
Maybe try yet another oil? It is definitely possible to be allergic to the progesterone, too though. There are women that are allergic to Hcg and burn/itch their entire pg. I hope that is not the case for you.  I get itchy and lumpy in the upper butt/hip area. Yours sounds terrible for you.
did they give you antibiotic
WHen I had some antibiotic I got that way for 4 days after the FET
i did get an antiboiotic.  they also switched my oil. i feel about 80% better today...so we'll see!  I'll keep you all posted! thanks for the comments!