Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anovulatory Cycle - what to expect now?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Anovulatory Cycle - what to expect now?

The saga continues - now that I am finally on the meds that I think I should be on, I am having my first anovulatory cycle - ironic, eh?  Anyway, I don't know what to expect? Will my cycle be shorter? longer? the same?

Any help will be much appreciated!!

(The CBFM has given me a peak reading on CD 20 and CD19 for the last two months - nothing for this month!!)
I'm sorry this cycle is being such a pain, wanting! I'm not really sure when to expect your period after an anovulatory cycle. I think it varies a lot from person to person. If you want, maybe you could check out the chart gallery on fertilityfriend and look up anovulatory cycles...just to give you an idea of what others have experienced.

Do you have a follow-up with your doctor anytime soon. If they know for a fact that you won't ovulate, maybe they can give you provera to jump-start your next cycle.

I hope you get back on track soon!
Thanks, Heather! I can always count on you for a positive word! :)

The doc is doing a hormonal profile this month (bloodwork every other day) so I doubt that he will want to jumpstart AF, since he wants to see what's happening naturally- I just hate being 'on call' with the office...I do much better when I am in control (HA!) and know what I am supposed to do and with it being anovulatory this month, I need to wait for them to tell me when they want the additional tests (progesterone, prolactin, etc.) and I get very nervous that I will be 'overlooked' or 'forgotten' when it's a big practice...y'know?

I am trying to be calm, relax and realize that it's out of my hands - but that is so hard when I feel like there is definitely something wrong - I just need someone to find it!  I tease my DH that I want to be admitted to the hospital for a month and have them run every test that they can, every day, until someone finds out what the h-e-double toothpicks is wrong with me.  Half of my stress comes from trying to schedule in doctor's appointments and bloodwork, when I have an at-home childcare - not exactly like I get sick days, or time off really!  Not to mention the daily routine of medicines, vitamins and supplements - who has time to relax??? :)

I don't know - maybe my meds are kicking in today because I really feel like 'it is what it is' today (i know that will change), but I don't even feel like temping or monitoring on the Clearblue anymore - I just want to chill out :)