Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anxiety medication
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety medication

Hi anyone taking anxiety medication & trying to conceive? I am trying to conceive & am dealing with my anxiety issue at the same time. I am thinking if I should see a psychiatrist for help. I will appreciate it if you could share with me if you are suffering from any side effect from anxiety medication or not. Thanks.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My cousin was ttc And got pregnant last year while taking lexapro and Xanax. I know they changed her lexapro to the sister drug called celexia thru the entire pregnancy and as she breast fed. Her baby is cross eyed and I'm not sure what caused it but it seems like I'm the only one who notices or says anything about it. I guess the benefits outweighed the risks so instead of stoping despite all warnings on the TV. You really need to talk to your doctor to see what the best thing to do is. Myself I was taking antidepressants but got off of them over a year ago because I'm ttc. I wasn't on them for depression, I was told it would help minimize my pain. Talk to your do for so you both can make an educated decision. Good luck
Blank
1394262_tn?1369628792
Dear Ginger 1975,

Thanks so much for your comment! If I had posted this in a local forum, I am sure there would be no reply because in the country where I am from, there is a taboo regarding mental illness. Really, I just do not think having an anxiety issue equates being mad! Thanks once again!
Blank
2066718_tn?1392396234
There are safe drugs to take to help deal with anxiety issues.  Just make sure that you talk with the Dr. who prescribes them for you so that they know that you are TTC.  I have recently read a few reports that Zoloft has been linked to birth defects, even though that one seems to be on the "safe" list.  

Good Luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank