Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Any success stories with IVF and only 2 follicles?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am on day 9 of my stims.  Started with Lupron, now on Gonal F 450 iu, and Menopur 150 iu.  I am a poor responder and I only have 2 follicles.  None in one ovary due to severe endo.  Had lap in 2/09.

Anyone have any success stories?

Thanks!!!
Hi bebe007,  I have severe endo with lots of scar tissues, and cysts. After day 7 of stim, I only had 2 follies on one ovary, and 2 cyst. My E2 level was also low, my RE decided to cancel my cycle, drained the cysts, increase my meds, and try again. This time I had 8 follies. Two on one Ovary, and 5 on the other, and a cyst again. We got 5 eggs, 3 fertilized, and we transfered all 3. Now I'm in my 2ww, praying for a BFP. Talk to your doctor, and see what your chances are.

Good luck..
Thanks kyley25.  All the best to you!  I am going ahead with the cycle.  My Dr. said he does not know how the outcome will be for the next cycle, and since I am 35, one ovary that basically produces no follies and proabably never will he said (that is where the severe endo was he removed.) so the ER is going to be on Sunday.

He is going to drain the one large cyst I have as well.  I will prya for us both!  Good luck!
I didnt think they continued with IVF ubless you had at least 5 follicles. I had the opposite: I made so many follicles I hyperstimulated but even with 26 follicles I got 13 eggs out of it and of them 10 embryos. They say if you half the number of follicles and then half the number of eggs again that is how many embryos you will be left with. I just had 2 blast embys transferred monday. i dont think it has worked..;(
Why do you think it did not work? It's still early.

bebe007,
Thank you, I need all the prayers I can get now. I'm so scare, I can't concentrate, and I'm to scare to take a HPT. I think why bother,whether it's Neg or Pos I still have to do my Beta tomorrow. I'll just wait..
Good luck!!!