Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Any success with 2nd IVF FET with 5 day blastocyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

My 1st IVF has failed (transferred 2 very good quality, fresh 5 day blastocyst stage).
I am planning to start my 2nd IVF in 3months time and I still have 6 good quality frozen embryos (also at 5 day blastocyst stage), my question has anyone had 2nd IVF success rate with FET and with 5 day blastocyst?
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I haven't had any FET's yet but wanted to wish you much luck & SSBD!!
I had my first IVF this summer and we had a day 5 frozen cycle. Very good embryos. It didn't worked for me. MY RE is looking into a fresh cycle. There are women in this site that had gotten pregnant with frozen embroys and not with the fresh one. Good luck.
Thanks for replying back. I tried searching a bit and I guess you are right Jenny5, some women had better luck with FET and some better with fresh. I guess if it's going to happen it will happen. It's just that I would like to try the FET cycle since I have the frozen embryos plus it seems it less stressful than the fresh cycle procedure. My RE prefers to use the fresh cycle but after reading success stories I would like to give it a try. All the luck for both of you and hope 2009 will be full of baby stories!!
I had good luck with back to backs
when I did not get preggo I beld and started estrace and they transferred two and I had twins

I also got preg with FET twins in march - due soon
Thanks for your reply. May I ask you with the FET done in March, was it a 3day or 5day blastocyst transfer? Wishing you a safe delivery and easy delivery.
I got pg with FET. (5 day)Fresh cycle we only had 1 embryo inserted, FET the very next month with 2 embryoes. RE told me about accupuncture. I took a 3 month break within which I had accupuncture, followed their diet, had herbs, lost some weight too. I felt pretty relaxed. Then did FET with 2 embryoes and both took. My twins are now 8 months old.
RE told me there are better results with FET because the body is not so stressed with all the meds.
Good luck
I will do FET transfered early next year, we did the fresh one mid oct and it was not sucsesfull. We have 5 embryos left ( it was 3 day blastocyst stage). Any body know what type of diet to increase change of pregnancy during FET?

Thanks!
my accupuncturist recommended organic and a balanced meal
I recommend accupuncture all the way no matter WHAT type of transfer you do.  I swear it is what made my 2nd round work so well.