Any1 get pregnant first cycle of Clomid????
Hi everyone I will be starting Clomid next month and wanted to know how many of you ladies have been on and how many have you got pregnant on the first cycle. Alittle bit nervous about the whole thing but I know it will be alright. I really cant wait to get started on the whole thing. So any feedback and thoughts about Clomid would be appreciated. Thanks a bunches...

Anna
It depends on the type of CM you are having but yes this is a sign of ovulation. I am on CD 14 myself and no sign of anything yet (my first round of clomid 100 mg) So best of luck and BD BD BD. Did you get a + OPK?
Hi All,

I was dx with PCOS this year in January. I am overweight and trying hard to TTC. Actually my DH & I started TTC from december last year. After i was dx +ve with PCOS i had a 3 months ourse of meds like Metformin, Microgest and Folic Acid. this dint help me out. Than  went to doc2 3 weeks a ago and found I dint have much of a progress with meds from doc1. Then she(doc 2) gave me Clomid and metformin and Duphoston(not sure of spelling) for cycle that month. I have had regular periods this year. today is my Cd 20. I went to the doc again last friday. She then asked me to double my dose of Metformin from 500g/day to 1000g/day. Along with duphoston which is just 10mg daily. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Really desperate on TTC and many a times i just loose confidence and hope. Then again I get a sense of positive feel. Gosh! The doc also informed me that she would try injectibles from next month. I am not sure what they are....Any idea anyone on this? Also i was surprised that I did only one cycle of Clomid then the doc dint prescribe for my next cycle...!!!! Am i on the right track???
Hi All, I am new to this board. I have a few questions. I have had 1 cycle of clomiphene citrate and I have was to start on Sunday. All test I have done said neg. and I only spot at times. Did the pills do this to anyone else? Am I to take it as my cycle? I am not sure what day would be 3 since I am not actually flowing. I had a child 10 years ago and no trouble. This time we have tired over 1 year and I have had 2 miscarriages. I am ready to give up as it seems to take its toll on a person. Did your cycles get all out of wack when all the pill? Thanks for this board I think it will help with my emotions and the support of others is great.
Hey guys!!!! I am very excited that I found this board and I'd like to share my story.

After being diagnosed with PCOS and hoshimotos disease (thryoid problems) and trying for 6 months, my ob put me on prometrium to get my cycle started. At that point I hadnt had a period in 52 days! After my period came, I took clomid on days 3 through 7 and just to let you know, the period was not normal at all, it was very light and a different color. Well I was charting my temps and taking ovulation tests but come to find out ovulation tests come up positive everyday for most ppl with pcos because of the higher amounts of Lh in your body. I decided to take a pregnancy test about 3 days before my period (28 day cycle) and it came up negative. I was totally bummed out!!!! Well to my suprise and still no period, I tested two days after that 28 day mark and found out I was preggos!!! I called my ob immediately and they said that there was no need for me to make an appointment until my 8 week mark. Well I wish they would have gotten me in there to check my levels because I ended up miscarrying at 5weeks 4 days!! :(:(:( This was sooo devestating for me because my brother-in-laws gf just found out she was pregnant and also everyone on the face of the earth, or so it seemed!!!! ughhhh!!

Well after this, my doc made me wait for 8 weeks and after there was still no period she put me on prometrium and clomid 50 mg again. Clomid worked for me last time, hopefully it will work this time!!!! Today is CD5 and I will take my 3rd pill of Clomid tonight. The only side effects i've had are craaaaazy dreams :)

I go into my docs on CD21 and hopefully she will see that I have ovulated and that everything looks good.

If I become pregnant again she said she will monitor my progesterone levels this time and put me on them the first trimester to sustain the pregnancy if they are low!!!

I am super excited about this board!

Good luck and baby dust to all :)

Anyone else on CD5 and Clomid?!?
so I havne't written in a while, but I am now on my fourth month of clomid still 50mg.  I was switched to days 3-7 so hopefully that does the trick and I'm scheduled for an HSG right before my ovulation time.  I want a baby but Clomid *****...it's so not fun, i'm so mean all the time when I'm taking it and I get headaches and does any one elses nipples itch like crazy!?!?  I want to hear good news from everyone and good luck to all!!!!

Oh, and for the girls that are late but still getting BFN beware, you tend to ovulate later on Clomid (or at least I do).  So wait a few days if you can, I know...my patience only goes so far too. :)
Kully123 i'm in the same boat my the doc at the hospital said I have to have artificial thing where they inject ne to make me ovulate and then get my husbands sperm and put it close to the egg and put it in me but I thought that she would of mentioned colimd I'm soo stressed I just feel like ordering it on line with out my doc know wish u all the luck in the world girls xxx
I feel ur pain. My doc told me the same thing and suggested that I lose 100lbs before he would prescribe me clomid. I ordered my clomid online. I took it this month on CD 3-7. Today makes CD 11 and I've just got a +OPK. My side effects from the clomid has been mild. The first two days I had a headache. CD 5 I had some mild cramping and CD6 I had itchy breast. I took 100mg of clomid. Today I woke up with a headache. Next week I go to have a ultrasound and I don't know how that;s going to turn out when they see follicles. Baby dust to everyone.
My husband and I have been trying to conceive since 2004, in January of 2007 we finally found out I was was pregnant. We were both extremely excited, we had waited so long for this moment. 3 weeks after confirming my pregnancy I began spotting, I was scared. I wasn't sure what was happening. I contact the doctor and they inform me to just monitor it and if anything changes to contact them again. Within a couple days I was in the most pain Ive ever been in my life. I lay curled up in the fetal position on the couch with a heating pad. The joy of finding out I was pregnant has turned into me having a miscarriage and of all days to experiece this, it was my husband birthday. I was in such pain that he took me to the hospital. They informed me that since I wasn't that far into the pregnancy there was no need to have a DNC, nature would take its course.

Ever since my miscarriage I have had extremely irregular cycles. I would have a period for 7 to 45 days at a time, it varied. Within the last year I have finally found an OB that is wonderful. She is willing to do anything and everything to get us pregnant. She listens, she understands, and is very knowledgable of our situation. In June of last year she diagnosised me with PCOS and began me on metformin. After taking it for a couple months I got frustrated becasue I didn't feel that it was doing anything for me, I know I should have consulted my doctor before just stopping it....but.....i did it anyway.

So, finally in March I decided to get serious with this again. My OB sent me to see a specialist due to my many complications. She put me back on metformin and prescribed me clomid. Today is day 1 and I will be taking it days 5-9. Since this is my first cycle, Im nervous and not sure what to expect. Needless to say I'm just looking for a little insight on what to expect during this process. Any help I could get I would appreicate it!
I'm in a situation similar to yours...and starting clomid tomorrow.  I heard from my sisters co-worker that it turns you into a crazy ***** :) LOL I am really scared to take the stuff but SO SO ready to have a child. I will be 30yrs old in June. Anyway, if you get any good info on what to expect pass it along....Im hoping for the best!
This is my first month with clomid I am currently on day 22 of my cycle. Clomid did help me ovulate and I am trying to be as patient as possible to see if I am pregos or not. I check on 5/22... As far as clomid it definately takes you on a roller coaster.. I am emotional, my breasts are very very sore and tender and I have a lot of cramping. I wasn't given a heads up about all the effects of it so I am giving you a heads up. All of this didn't start until the day I ovulated which was day 17 of my cycle. I hope this information helps. My prayers are with you and your husband. I am really praying that this one month of clomid works for me.
I have PCOS and VERY irregular periods.  It's not unusual for me to go up to 6 months with no period, so it's impossible to predict when or if I might ovulate.  We have two boys, 8 and 5, both conceived on first round of 50mg clomid.  We're currently trying for a third, we just completed this first round of clomid and now are waiting the two weeks to see if it worked...hopefully this time will be as easy as the last!  I just wanted to share a happy story of first round successes!  Good luck to all!
Hello ladies,
I am so thankful for sites like this! Everyone is very supportive and warming!

I was diagnosed with PCOS in Aug 09 and me and my husband had been trying for a baby for 8 mos by then. I had cysts and they also found a fibroid so they put me on BCPs to help the cyst shrinks which they did.

I took my first cycle of Clomid last month and I didn't really have any side effects besides crazy dreams! I know I ovulated! Lately, I have been very tired (my husband too), my nipples and boobs are very heavy and tender/sore. I hope I am but I don't want to get my hopes up high! Due for a period next wk sometime, hopefully its MIA, but either way I will check back in.

Thanks ladies and lots of baby dust to you all!

Hey!  I am new to this thread, but I just read your post and it looks like we started our clomid on the same day.  I've been looking for someone that is on the same CD as I am to compare "notes" with.  Have you taken clomid before?  Did you have any side effects from it?  I didn't have any side effects and I'm a little nervous that it had no effect on my body.    SSBD to you :)
Thanks for the support and advice! I definately appreciate it! I completed my first dose of clomid last Saturday, so far so good! I haven't had any side effects and hopefully won't either. My doctor scheduled me 12 days after the day I began my last period (which was yesterday) to see how my body had responded to the clomid. She seemed very optimistic that my body was responding properly and said everything looked good however she wasn't oppose to slightly upping my dose if I don't get pregnant this month. If perhaps I dont get pregnant this month our goal is for me to at least have a normal 28 day cycle which hasn't happened in years. I have my fingers crossed for the best. Good luck to everyone!
Im so glad i founf this forum, evry other place is so outdated...

I'm on my 3rd cycle of clomid, still not preggo... Taking clomid days 3-7 and charting my temp to confirm ovulation...

1st cycle (clomid 50mg) no ovulation detected.
2nd cycle (clomid 100mg) +OPK on day 15, ovulated on CD16, negative HPT CD28...
3rd cycle (clomid 100mg) today on CD13 and +OPK...

Hopefully this is my month... baby dust to all...!!!
I am new here but I am on CD25 on my 1st round of Clomid 50mg.  On CD 16 went in for u/s and follicles weren't growing, was only at 13mm.  Dr. had me take Menopur injections for 4 days and went back in for u/s and I had 1 follicle at 20mm.  Dr. gave me a HCG shot on cd20 to induce O.  Now I am just waiting... I am supposed to wait 14 days from taking my HCG shot to take a HPT.  Has anyone gone through anything similar?  I have read about a lot of people just taking Clomid but haven't seen much on the injections.  

I was diagnosed w/ PCOS when I was 17 (I am now 25) and my husband and I have been trying for 1 year without the help of fertility drugs.  I am also on Metformin 2000mg/day.
I HAVE NOT WANTED ANYTHING MORE THAN TO BE A MOMMY, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TRYING TO GET PREGNANT. WE HAVE TRIED FOR 1 YEAR WITH NO SUCCESS. NOT EVEN A SCARE. SO MANY TIMES I THOUGHT TO MYSELF, IS THIS IT? AND TOOK A TEST AND IT WAS ALWAYS NEGATIVE. I HAVE GONE THROUGH 4 LAPAROSCOPYS AND I KNOW THAT I HAVE SEVERE ENDOMETRIOSIS, THOUGH MY TUBES ARE OPEN AND MY EGGS ARE FINE, I DO NOT OVULATE LIKE I SHOULD. MY LAST LAP WAS IN FEB, 2010 AND MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TO FOLLOW UP IN 3 MONTHS IF I WAS NOT PREGNANT BEFORE THEN, BEINGS THAT HE HAD GONE IN AND CLEANED ME OUT AND SAID THAT I SHOULD BE OVULATING. SADLY NOTHING HAPPENED, SO I HAD MY 3 MONTH FOLLOW UP ON MAY 21ST AND HE PUT ME ON CLOMID, AS HE SAID, U CANNOT PUT A SUCCESSFUL NUMBER ON THE AMOUNT OF WOMEN WHO HAVE BECOME PREGNANT ON THE DRUG, ALL WE CAN DO IS HAVE HOPE THAT IT WORKS, HE EXPLAINED IN DETAIL HOW TO DO IT. IT IS A GREAT IDEA TO KEEP A CALENDAR, HE SAID THAT ON THE FIRST DAY OF ANY BLEEDING, EVEN IF ITS JUST SPOTTING, I COUNT THAT AS DAY 1 AND THEN ON DAY 5 I START TAKING THE CLOMID DAYS 5-9 AND ON DAY 10 YOU DON'T TAKE THE CLOMID OR HAVE INTERCOURSE, AND THEN FOR THE NEXT 5 DAYS YOU WANT TO BD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER FOR THE CLOMID TO BE EVEN REMOTELY SUCCESSFUL. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH. SOMETIMES WHEN YOU JUST LET LOOSE AND LET YOUR MIND BE FREE A LOT OF STRESS WILL ALSO BE RELEASED, AS WE ALL KNOW WE SHOULDN'T STRESS OURSELVES OUT BECAUSE ITS NOT GOOD FOR THE BODY OR MIND AND IF YOU DID BECOME PREGNANT ITS NOT GOOD FOR THE BABY EITHER. I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF TAKING THE CLOMID BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF MULTIPLES. MY DOCTOR SAID THAT IT IS VERY RARE FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. BUT IT DOES HAPPEN. I WISH THE BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU LADIES ON HERE TTC AND I HOPE THAT IT WORKS WONDERS FOR MY HUSBAND AND I. ALSO, I HOPE THIS HELPED.
I am 27 yrs and was diagnosed with PCOS 7 yrs ago. Me and my husband have been married for 5 yrs. I went to my docstor cause i wanted to conceive and the doctor told me that i would increase my chances if i lost about 42lbs. I have spent 6 months trying to loose the weight and i finaly reached my goal. I am on my first round of clomid 50mg. I took my last pill today and will start trying on cd10 and every other day after that. My husbands urologist sd that we need to bd everyother day so that his body has time to "rebuild" good sperm. I hope it works. But it is true about staying relaxed. I have started running and set up some goals so that if i am not able to conceive that i have something else in my mind and don't stress myself out or get depressed. I wish all of you good luck and will keep you updated on my results.
I am having....
frequent urination
nausea & vomiting
morning sickness &
I missed my periods too...
Should I go for home pregnancy test? Please help me...
Hey ladies, my fiance and i are ttc our first child. I've always had irregular periods so my doc put me on clomid. The first month i ovulated but no success and the second month i didn't ovulate. I finish my third round but 11 days after the last tab i started to bleed not a flow like a normal period. It only really came out when i had to pee (sorry),only liners were necessary for most of the time. It lasted for almost 7 days. I had alot of cramps and lower back pain. I'm still having tiny cramps at this moment.
What do you ladies think ?
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.