Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anybody get pregnant with low sperm motility?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I'm a little bit worried about my DH's sperm motility.  It came back with normal sperm count and normal sperm cocentration, but poor sperm motility, only 19% progressive.  Has anybody gotten pregnant or heard of anybody pregnant with this low of sperm motility.  Any idea what normal sperm motility is?
This means his sperm are not swimming at a good rate and are not "steering" in the right direction.  He should not drink coffee or have caffeine. He should not drink alcohol either and stay away from hot tubs.  All of these things affect motility.

My husband has a similar problem.  We are going through our 1st IVF cycle.  They have a procedure called ICSI where they inject the sperm into your egg so it doesn't have to swim. This is actually a very common problem for couples.  ICSI is done all of the time.

Good luck.
At my last iui, my RE said they like to see minimum 50% motility.  This stood out to me because dh's was 51% at time of IUI.  Previous tests had better results, so it must be dependent on certain factors.  

Good luck to you...
It depends on where you live and the type of insurance you have.  My insurance pays for my RE visits, ultrasounds and meds but it does not pay for IUI, IVF or other assisted reproduction treatments.  With the insurance paying for the ultrasounds and meds, my IUI comes to $300 and this includes sperm washing.  

Good luck..  
So basically our chances are very slim then?  We have an appt with a specialist tomorrow.  I have a list of questions for him, so hopefully he can shed some light on this topic.  I will also mention that special IUI treatment.  Any idea the cost for that?
ICSI is only done during IVF.  It is not a procedure for IUI.  Best of luck to you at your appointment.
I m new to this blog. my son is 3 yrs. now we  are trying for another one since 4-5 months. after all unsucessful try we went to our ob/gyn. now they find that mu hubby 's sperm motility in 20%. count n volume is perfect.they find me perfect n gives us option of IUI. dr is pretty sure bout sucess as i m 33 n my hubby 34. i dont know why this happens? we are in good shape,we dont drink smoke we are vegetarian follows a good life style eat plenty of food vegetables.......
I have to suggest a medicine which improves sperm count and motility. Try it pls .It works. Ayuvigo Forte Caps. Dose: 2 caps 3 tims per day, night with milk, 2 hours excersie, eat fruits and veg, avoid faty foods, coffee,alcohlo and heat. Pary to God.
Yes, you can!  For 12 years of trying and going to fertility experts - 6 IUI's and one IVF with no sucess and doc telling us we had a 1% chance of getting pregnant on our own.  Well guess?  In Sept 2010, we got pregnant on our without even trying (no fertility help or drugs)!  Sadly, the pregnancy ended in miscarriage but we have new found hope!  We CAN get pregnant!!!  
Hi all, I'm 26 yrs old my hubby is 32yrs , my husband has asthnospermia (low sperm motility), is it possible to conceive with low sperm count................??
IUI can work well with these problems, and I understand is often the treatment of choice for male factor (as long as there are some normal sperm and nromal motility)..

Because they wash and concentrate the sperm and select the better ones.

I am now 38 weeks pregnant with an IUI baby... DH's sperm were super bad that attempt (low motility and not very many good form) - but we were still successful.

All it takes is a few healthy sperm in the right plac.e
hello coukd any1 help me my boyfriend has low sperm count and we have been trying for 3 years now and still nothing please help
hi my husband has low motility 19% and 40 million sperm count with very gd morphology around 70% and sperm/ejaculation 140 million but the dr said that iui is a very low rate im on my first i have a son 4 years old with no prob but now we ve been trying by ourself with no success any help from u guys im ovulated normally and the dr put me on femara with first iui please help