Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anybody in two week wait

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 1201-1400 comments:
2ndtimearound - if your HPT gave you a negative result then I'm sorry the pregnancy has most likely resolved.  I would go in tomorrow for a blood test and explain to your clinic what happened.  There's no reason to continue taking medication if you don't have to.  Most HPT's detect HCG above 15.  If yours was 5 or lower then the HPT will not detect because you are no longer pregnant.  I'm so sorry though :( .. what was your lining when you had the transfer?  I had my chemical pregnancy most likely because my lining was too thin (about 6mm).  Just to be sure, go get a blood test done.  *hugs*.  At least you can take heart in the fact that you CAN get pregnant.  Now it's just a matter of time before you can keep one.  Best of luck with everything!!!
Hi Everyone,
I am in the middle of 2ww and nothing too exciting to report.  Progesterone is making me sleepy!  How is everyone else doing?

Sending baby dust!
Risa
Hey,
Stop thinking that, this place is for advice and for us to share our experiences with each other, I had the same thing happen to me twice and I posted earlier that she may very well be having a chemical pregnancy. I am sure she is NOT offended with your note. I'm sure she is just taking a break on here while deciding what to do next. We all do it. If we didn't have people like you around we would be stuck wondering what the heck is going on.

2nd time: hang in there, what is next for you, do you still have to do a blood test?

2ww ladies, you are being quiet. Anything going on?

I went to the RE's this morning for day one. I have 6 follies on the right and 4 on the left, I just hope and pray they all grow together now. I did not ask what my FSH levels were because I simply don't wanna know. If I know and I think it's too high I'll ruin my spirits for this cycle.
I am taking 150 mg of seraphine (clomid) and tomorrow night I will be starting 150 of menapur. that's it for me, he is determined to get quality from a low stim cycle instead of hitting hard for quantity. I on the other hand responded very well to just menapur in the past so I'm hoping for both. I go back on Monday, so wish me luck ladies....
Sorry, I did not know or see the posts. Don't let it get at you. ; )
woohooo on starting another cycle.  Hoping for nothing but the best for you.  Grow follies grow!!!!

Risa - I am 4dpo and have no symptoms whatsoever.  Not looking too much into it, it'll be what it'll be.  Best of luck to both of us :)
hey girl!   that sounds good!  10 total follies that they see now, but that may not be it.  And maybe this approach will in fact get them to all grow together.   Before when i was blasted with heavy meds, a few grew right out of the gate fast, and there were lots of others but they never caught up.  I actually had a really good response on the IUI that I did right before this latest IVF..   I did only clomid and Menopur & I had 6 mature ones!!  The IVF before that I had a ton of Meno and Follistim and only had 4 mature!!!  

I have a really good feeling this is going to work for you this time!!!  Crossing all fingers and toes for ya now and will be praying hard for ya!
Just got back from my RE's. I only have 3 follies that took the lead. I have a cyct on my left ovary, he measured it at a 24. Ugggggg i don't go back till Friday. I need to find a way to be excited about this without getting discouraged. One thing is it's better then the last cycle, I only had 2.

How is everyone doing, it's been quiet on here!
Devistated - 3 is better than 2 and I'm hoping you get the one perfect one which will implant perfectly :) ... keep us posted and best of luck on Friday.  You are in my prayers.

babs - how are you feeling?  How far along are you again?

esmie - it's great that were able to see your little bean dancing around.  Much be one of the most joyous feelings in the world.

Risa - how are you feeling?  Any symptoms at all?

AFM - I'm thinking this cycle is a bust.  I'm 7dpo and feeling absolutely nothing.  On my BFP cycle (chemical), I felt nipple soreness and ovary twinges throughout the 2ww along with back pain.  This time I'm feeling absolutely nothing so I'm already thinking about the next cycle.  Wondering what kind of changes I can make.

Esmie / Babs - did you do anything different during your BFP cycle that made it successful. Any advice that you can provide, I will happily accept :)
Stay positive, every cycle is different. Plus, if you felt those things last time and you had a chemical then maybe it's a good thing you don't feel the same things. Ya know most women don't know they are preggers until after no AF. So maybe you just simply don't feel anything. Does that make sense? I have been pregnant 4xms and each and everyone was different. My furthest pregnancy the only sign I had was AF symptoms 3days before my blood test. Crazy, but this is what we were dealt so we have a little work to do, staying positive is your job right now. When is your test?
AKD84- Only symptom is bloating, but that could be the progesterone.  Yesterday I had a big temp increase, but today it is back to normal. I do my beta on Thursday.  Hopefully you will have some good symptoms in a few days, you are just still in the beginning of the wait. You still have a chance this cycle!

DEVISTATED - Sounds like you have some good results with 3 follies, hope that cyst goes away! Keep us posted.

Sending baby dust!
Risa
My beta is this Saturday (12dpo).  I know this is still early so let see how everything turns out.  Sometimes the embryo implants as late as day 10 so I'm going to wait it out - nothing else I can do.

Risa - bloating is a great sign and woohooo on an increase in the temp!  Sounds soo promising.  Lots of prayers to you!!
Does anyone know how to change their name on here? It's about time I get a positive name..?
Hi there! Thank you so much.  It was such an amazing day to see my little olive moving around:) Such great confirmation things are where they should be.

The only difference from my cycle was the fact that I had taken clomid plus injections.  I also started exercising this cycle to try to loose some TTC lbs.  I had 3 good size follies (19-23) however my lining was not the greatest measuring at 5.7mm by CD9.  So my doctor put me on estrace and I drank my raspberry tea leaf (i cup a day) until the day before my IUI.  After my IUI I went home and slept for about 2 hrs.  I then spent the my 2ww not obssesing over my symptoms like I normally did and just tried to enjoy the holidays as much as I could.  I even went out for drinks with some friends around 9dpiui bc I really thought the IUI did not take.  I think it was the fact that I was looking forward to taking a break from all the treatment come the new year.  By 10dpiui, my bb's started to get tender and swollen which was not normal for me, so I decided to take hpt.  It came as a shock when I faintly saw a +.  I waitied 2 more days to retest, but did not get any other symptoms.  If it weren't for the sore bb's then I probably would have continued to think it was a bust...... so just hang in there:)  Sometimes the pregnancy symptoms dont present themselves until later in the game.  Crossing my fingers and toes for ya! Sending you lots of baby dust.  
My previous doctor had told me to start taking DHEA, 25 mg 3x a day.  That is something they recommend for us old ladies ( i am 38) to help with the response.  I also took royal jelly and CoEnzyme Q10 (100MG) - - these things are supposed to be for quality .  Took all of these things since December 2009.   In Feb of 2010 I did an IVF but still responded poorly ( only 6 total,only 4 mature, only 2 fertilized).  They say it can take 3 months for the all these supplements to really show results.  Well, in June 2010, i did an IUI on just a little bit of meds and i had 6 mature just for that!!!  With this latest IVF, 15 follies started growing, so, my response was really good, but my quality sucked!!!   only 5 made it and by day 3, 3 of them were only 3 -cell, and the other two were a 4 and 5 cell.   How i am now pregnant is a complete medical mystery!!!   I guess this dr. finally found my golden egg!    One thing my Dr. told me as i was leaving after transfer, was to take a baby aspirin every day during my 2ww.  He said it can help with implantation.  It was kind of like his last straw piece of advice to give me seeing as how the odds were very much stacked against me.  Oh, and i also did acupuncture for about 4 months leading up to the IVF.  
3 is better than two.  And you deliver good quality embies, so 3 good ones make your odds better than last time.  Remember, it just takes that one golden egg!    Did they measure others?   I had a cyst with my IUI in June and this cycle.  So annoying!!!   For this IVF, they saw it right before i was supposed to start stim meds.  They ended up draining it so i could continue with the stim plan.  Keep me posted!!!  
hi, not been on here for ages, hope everyone is well, just had my appointment, starting next cycle of IVF with ICSI at the end of the month, exciting but scarey to, just hope it work this time
hel79 - good luck on this cycle!!

Wow it's been quiet on here.  Any updates from anyone?  I am 10dpo and still feeling NOTHING so going it for a blood test on Saturday - I'm ready to brace the worst news of a BFN!
Beta negative today, so I am out for this cycle.  Going to be out of town next cycle during ovulation, so I will skip doctor visits for a cycle. Hope you get your BFP this weekend!
Risa
*Hugs to you* So sorry for the BFN.  I hope you have good BMS'ing and get a BFP from your vacation!!
Risa, so sorry for your negative. That really *****.

AK, tomorrow right? Good luck, all is crossed.

I'm on my way to the RE's hoping my follies grew. Feeling scared.
Hey!!

Good luck with the appointment.  I hope you get lots of great follies.

Yes, tomorrow is the day.  I still have NO symptoms haha so I am ready.  It'll hit me hard when it actually is reality though.
Ok, I'm back from my appt. I am cautiously happy with my results. I have like 5 follies all in the same range on my right. They range from 9 - 12's. We are gonna do 3 more nights of meds and I am adding Ganerelix. I go back on Monday for another check, I'm guessing Tues or Wed for retrieval.

Hope everyone is doing well, AK what time is your appt? AND no signs can be good. Although I secretly believe that is one of the better signs cause when you feel cramps or twinges or sore boobs then they are just mean old tricks. So feeling nothing is better than having all those tricks playing with your mind. GOOD LUCK!
Hooray for a great appointment!!  And now 5 is better than the 3 :D ... Hope you continue to get good news which results in a great BFP this cycle :D

I am going to walk in to the clinic around 9am or so (no appt needed for bloodwork) and will find out the result by 3pmish.  I'm soooooooooooo tired today can't even stay active at work.  Only slept 6 hours last nite, really need more sleep!  Thank God it's Friday!
That is GREAT!!!!   Meditate for the next few days and imagine them all growing big!!  They will get where they need to be.  Woo hoo!!
Thanks, now just waiting for AF! I usually start a day after stopping progesterone, but no sign of her yet!

You had great results, sending you extra baby dust!  Sounds like you are almost ready!

Risa
Hello Girls!
I am back again. I know it's been a while. My son was sick and had to be hospitalized. His fever wouldnt go down. Went through hell last month.  Now he is doing good. But still weak from all the antibiotics and being sick. I am trying to get him back to his normal self. Poor baby was stuck with IV and didnt understand what was going on.

As for me, I am doing alright. Going for the big level 2 ultrasound on Wednesday. I totally forgot I was pregnant last month and was busy caring for my son.

How is everyone else doing?

Akd84-good luck for your test today.

Risa- good luck to you dear.

Esmie-happy to hear about your little olive. Hope you stayed away drinks after the test..:)

Take care girls... Missed you all.
Maria2707 - good to hear from you again!!!  So sorry about your rough month last month.  Hope your son goes back to his naughtiness very soon.  Must have been a very stressful time fo you.  How are you feeling with your pregnancy?

So it's a BFN for me :( ... I kind of expected it b/c I had absolutely no symptoms.  I feel so bad for my DH, wish I could give him the gift of a child.  He's such a wonderful and supportive man.  This TTC journey is so tough!!  Really hope God can bless me with a child soon.
Sorry to hear about your bfn, sounds like we will both will be ttc again for another cycle together. AF is starting for me, so on to my new cycle.

Sending baby dust,
Risa
AK, I'm sorry about your negative, I was so sure because you had no symptoms. I secretly believed that was the real deal. Sorry! What is next for you? Have you thought about IVF?

Risa, hope you are feeling better. You are not doing a medicated cycle this month? Maybe this is just what you need. Who knows what can happen. Good luck.

Babs, what's going on, I miss our chats.  Hope you are feeling nice and pregnant.

As for me, I Just came home from the RE's. I had a great visit. I have 6 follies on the right and one on the left. ( my guy in the left has a chance but still kind of falling behind. )
So I couldnt be more excited. I have one more night of meds, another appt. Tomorrow and I will probably trigger tomorrow night. I will have retrieval on Thursday. Then it's on, I'm gonna need my friends, so don't go anywhere!!!!
Devistated - so happy that this cycle is sounding like a winner.  Have they been monitoring your lining as well?  

I saw the RE this morning (I always book the appt before the 2ww begins, even though it could go either way).  He said I can move on to IVF or continue with IUI's, he's fine both ways.  He said 6 cycles of IUI's is a good try - so if I want I can do 2 more TI or IUI's and then move on to IVF so that's what I'm going to do.  He said my cycle was really strong, so it's unfortunate that I didn't get pregnant.  So if these IUI's don't work, I will start IVF in May!  I have my HMG ready so as soon as I get A/F, here we go again!!

babs - how you feeling?  Is this your first child?
Hi, glad to hear you are moving along. Isn't it amazing how excited you get starting a new cycle? After a negative I feel so sad and empty and even feel like a failure, then I get so excited and hopeful after AF comes. I think your choice to do two more IUI's then move on to IVF is wonderful. How old are you again?

When I am in a cycle my doc does an ultrasound every other day, usually every Mon, Wed and Fri. I get blood work and the ultrasound. He does check the lining every time. today it was 6.4. He will prob. Make me take Estrace to juice it up some after the transfer.
I'm 26 - how old are you?  I take estrace as well, it definitely helps with the thickness.
I'm 39 and freaked out by my age. I started when I was 34, I wanted kids kind of late. I wish I started when I was younger.
That is awesome that you have 7 follies!!  What are those six on the right measuring at?  and the other on the left?  You never know....sometimes when you take that trigger shot, it gives a boost to the smaller ones.  I am sooooo happy for you that this cycle is starting off great!!!  I'll be your biggest cheerleader!  It's gonna happen this time!!!  

AKD84 - so sorry to hear about you BFN.  Keep the faith.. It will happen for you!  Your plan sounds really good.  Try a couple more IUI's then move to IVF.    Yes, this will be my first child. I did have one confirmed mis-carriage 2 years ago this month at 6.5 weeks.  I think i may have had two others where i was a week late (never tested b/c i was always so irregular & we weren't really trying then), and i had really heavy periods those times.  This will likely be our one and only!!  

ALL  -
today I had my third sono today; the scary one where they try to see if it will likely have genetic abnormalities like Down's.  All looks good AND the DR. said he is 98.9 % sure it is a GIRL!!!!!   Holy moley, i am the only girl of 6 kids and no female has been born in my husband's family in several generations.  I was so sure he was going to say BOY that i am still in shock!  We didn't care one way or the other, as long as it was healthy and normal!!!!       The past two weeks before this were really rough though; my husband got really sick and i had to take him to the ER twice and he was hospitalized for 3 days.  Aside from my prayers at night, i just didn't even think much about being pregnant...i was so worried about him. I had my in-laws come in town to help b/c it was quite the ordeal and i wasn't taking care of myself, trying to take care of him.  He is better now; not 100% but appears to be on the road to recovery, thank goodness!!!    
AKD84 - So sorry about BFN this cycle:(  Keep the faith.  Timing is everything in this TTC journey.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you:)

Maria2707 - Glad to hear an update from you and that your son is on his way to recovery.  It must have been a tough time.  Can't wait to hear about your next appointment.  As for me, I'm doing great.  Little olive is almost 12 weeks, so I'm excited to be nearing the end of my 1st trimester.  

Babs9199 - Congrats on the news of baby girl.  That's awesome to be the one to break a long cycle of boys:)  

Devistated - I wanted to wish you luck this cycle! Lots of baby dust your way.
Esmie, thank you so much for the well wishes. 12 weeks wooooohoooo sounds wonderful.

Babs, holy cow! A girl! That is so exciting especially with your family history. That is so sweet. I'm so happy for you. I'm glad your husband is feeling better, I hope he becomes 100% soon so you can get back to being pregnant. LoL

As for me, I went for my scan and blood today. I have 6 ranging from 19-22's in there and the one on the left measured an 8 yesterday and he didn't even measure it today. My lining was 8.4 today. We are so excited about this cycle. All looks good, doc said they look nice and crisp. I will trigger tonight and retrieval is set for 7am thurs.
woooo hoooo!   6 is GREAT!!   Will be saying my prayers for ya!!  
Woohooo - this is sounding like such a great cycle!!!!  Great number of follies at great sizes and a wonderful lining.  Best of luck!!!  Hope you get a strong, sticky one.

Babs - glad that the u/s went well.  Hope you continue to have a healthy pregnancy!

Esmie - that's right.  Timing is everything - I need to keep my patience.
Sending good vibes your way today!!!!  Your are going to have a bunch of good embies to put back, I just know it!!
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,
I am beyond in shock and confused. I just got back from my retrieval and it was the worst ever. So I wake up this morning feeling sooooo bloated and ready, I get a shower and on my way to the RE's. Driving there I had such bad pains like after an IUI. when I tell them how I'm feeling they say that is good. I'm super excited as is my RE. We both sit before I get put under and say "this is the one". When I wake up, I'm sitting there and they tell me they only got ONE egg. I was so shocked. How does that happen? My RE is confused and said this never happened to him before, he says I should have had 4 or 5 eggs according to my ultra sounds AND blood work. He said the eggs still have to be in me. So we did an IUI. He said the eggs could fall out of the hole in my ovary from the needle. He said he has never done this before an IUI and an IVF. So I will go back on Sunday for my one embie. (if he makes it) I just don't understand how this could happen, I was so excited, I felt so good about this and BAM something like that happens and to make it worse there is no explanation for what happened. I'm sure I did something wrong, it has to be me.
Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? I'm in a 2ww and I will have another 2ww in three days... Ugggggggggggggggggh
oh dear!  What a rollercoaster of emotions.  Sorry I've never heard of this either.  Hmmm IUI and IVF, so at least there's 2 shots at it.  Really hoping your IVF embie stays strong or you get a good egg for the IUI.  This sounds really strange but maybe it's for the better?  God has his reasons for making things turn out a certain way.  I would still stay really positive b/c this cycle is not going to waste, you have two shots at it right now.  Keep the positive thoughts and do lots of prayers.  Best of luck hunny bunny!!!  Hope someone else can shed some light on this.
Do you still have a big cost for IVF? If you do, I would be tempted to cancel it and only do IUI until there are more eggs. If you IVF is covered, then I would do it for sure!

Hope it works out for you with the IUI, that sounds promising!
Hang in there,
Risa
Thanks guys, I have no cost for the IVF, so that is the road I must take. I'm tired and I can't seem to nap. I am still in shock, I can't even cry. The bottom line is I can't change anything so I will let it be what it is. What a weid week for me, so much action with this cycle. Well stay tuned tomorrow is another day and I will get a report on my one little guy.
Hey girl -

so, 5 of our guys ovulated before he went in for retrieval?  Is that what your RE is saying?   I have always been so fearful of that on a IVF.  BUT, on my IUI where I got pregnant, I KNOW I ovulated about 4  or 5 hours before they did the IUI. I felt all those same pains and stuff when I woke up.  And both of the eggs fertilized ( on was just a yolk sac though).     I know how disappointed you must be, but try to keep the faith during this 2ww.  Sometimes on the worst cycles, you get your miracle.  i'm a good example of that.  I kept you in my prayers last night and will continue to do so!!!   Keep me posted about your embie.  
Babs, I askedif I could have released and he said no. But that is the most logical answer to me. I think the IUI could have covered that. He said I had like 3 or 4 hours so that's why he did the IUI. I don't know. I believe I'm still in shock. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. Your miracle is one of my favorites so maybe I can have a miracle as well.

AKD and Risa,
I got the call today that my embie is doing great. I did not ask the cell size cause I'm chicken and I really just wanna let it be what it will be. Me sitting here trying to find answers is just heartbreaking. I'm trying to stay positive. I am set for Sunday at 8am for transfer. I will get another call tomorrow.
Have a wonderful weekend and check in on me once and a while. : )

Any advice on an easy way for full bladder? That is always my biggest problem, I have such a hard time with that.
Good to hear that your embie is doing well - hoping it stays strong.  Best of luck for Sunday!!!  I drink about 1.5 tall glasses of water around 45 minutes before my appointment and it's always fine.  How much do you drink and how far ahead of time? For some women, I think takes longer for the water to get down to the bladder so maybe you need to drink a little bit earlier.  As strange as this cycle is, I have some really good vibes for you!

Risa - what are you up to?  I am on CD4.  Started injections yesterday.  Usually take about 12 - 15 days of injections and then trigger shot.  So in less than 2 weeks, another 2ww begins lol.
Embie is doing good, we are set for tomorrow at 8am. Let my 2nd 2ww begin.
That is great!   It must be your golden egg.   Are they going to do assisted hatching?  
Yes, they always do! Thanks : )

AK, thanks for the advice, when I did acupuncture he told me to do the same thing.
My RE's instructions are so different. I have to empty my bladder 2 to 2.5 hrs. Before transfer. Immediately after I am to start drinking water up to 1 to 1.5 liters. I am to stop 1 hr. Before transfer. So you see where I get all confused and freaked out, I've done it his way and I've guzzled water 45 mins before. I've busted guts, Ive cried and I have not filled it enough so my past bladder issues have def. Messed with my head. I will just drink slowly tomorrow and see where that takes me.
Hey there,
I am on a nature cycle since I knew I would be on vacation during ovulation.  I am using fertilaid since I really can't sit around for a cycle.  I am feeling pretty good, fertilaid makes me have ovulation pains and breast get a little sore, so I know it is working.  I might do an Hcg trigger on the day of ovulation just to help release more then one egg since I have the hcg trigger with me and my dr has had me do this before.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Risa
Hey ladies,
Just got back from transfer. I put a 7 cell back with little to no fragmentation. I have also added baby aspirin and vitamin e to my 2ww. Wish me luck and don't go anywhere I'm gonna need some chats to keep me sane.
Yeah!!   7-cell... that is awesome!!  Now, prop those feet up on pillows and stay on your back as much as possible!!  Get a good book and get lost in it for these next two weeks.  
devistated - woohoo!!!  this is sounding so good.  Surround yourself with positive thoughts and rest well.
Hi Everyone,
I am back in the 2ww early again.  I took Fertilaid this cycle again and it make me ovulate early! I am on vacation in Lake Tahoe and the snow is so pretty.  Taking it easy hanging out watching movies with dh.  We are going to the casinos tonight to play the penny slots.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Risa
That sounds wonderful. We are in the same 2ww. Yea! Enjoy your vacation, talk to you soon.
hey girl.   how are you doing??
Hey, just soaking up my last day of rest before I go back to work tomorrow.
It snowed here last night. It was 65 on Thursday 70 on Friday and 5-6 inches of snow 4 days later! I guess if I wanted to I could take the credit for the two days last week that were 70 and chalk it up to my weird azz cycle. LOL I'm feeling OK. I felt very bloated yesterday but today nothing. That is to be expected. My RE said nothing will happen in there for about 4 or 5 days. I go back Friday for a progesterone check. then I have to wait unit NEXT Thurs for my beta. It's a long wait this time, usually it's 9 days for beta after an IVF but it's 2 weeks exactly when he does iui's. So since I had an IUI last Thurs, then next Thurs would make sence.

How are you? do you have any cravings yet?
Good luck with your progesterone blood check tomorrow - hope all goes well!

Esmie - how are you feeling?  How far along are you now?

Risa - how many dpo are you?  Any symptoms?

Babs - thinking good thoughts for you :)

Maria - how's your son?  Hope all is going well.
Hey ladies!
How is everyone,  is there anyone else in a 2ww?
This is my midway and I am feeling full and bloated, it is a familiar feeling, so I don't think anything from it. I said it before, I've had IVF's where I felt things and where I felt nothing at all so for me there is really no way to tell. Tomorrow I will have a progesterone check. I am amazingly keeping myself sane!
Hope everyone is doing great!
AKD84- I am hanging in there, still on vacation.  I am now at a conference for a few days.  Ovulated too early this cycle, so not expecting it to be my cycle, but will start testing on Sunday which will be 10dpo.  Temps have been pretty good, so we will see!

DEVISTATED - Hope your progesterone check goes well, my office doesn't check progesterone until a positive beta.  Let us know what happens.  I am not on progesterone this cycle, so not as bloated as I usually am.  

Sending lots of baby dust,
Risa
AKD84 - I'm doing good.  Just hit my 13 week mark and getting ready to do my second round of screening tests. Have you started a new cycle?  Hope you are in good spirits:)

Risa615 - Glad to hear you are enjoying your vaca.  Goodluck this cycle!

Devistated - The 2ww always drove me nuts!  Cheers to making it halfway.  Hoping to hear good news next week:)

Babs9199- How are ya feeling?  Afm, no morning sickness at all, but have lost some of my appetite lately.  

Hey ladies,
Progesterone is greater than 40 and estrogen was like 1100 ish. ( I don't know what that means) but she said my blood work was excellent. Still feeling bloated and last night in the middle of the night I had period cramps, very strong for a while but they are gone!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
We just had our frozen embryo transfer on Wednesday.  I'm currently in my "princess days" :)  (The 2ww is actually the HARDEST part for me!  Maybe that's because last time it didn't work)

This is our second try with IVF.  First try, back in December, we did a fresh cycle.  I was hyperstimulating, but they transferred one perfect five-day blastocyst.  (Dr. only recommend transferring one because I was hyperstimming and the blasto was textbook perfect.)  It didn't take and I had a BFN ten days later.

We had two embryos make it to freezing and we were planning on transferring them both this try.  But only one survived the thaw.  Again, doctor said this one was textbook "perfect" and showed us pictures of it 20 minutes after the thaw and just an hour or two after that - was already growing fast!  

We're SO hopeful that this cycle will work!!!  I got so sick after the fresh cycle and egg retrieval that we don't know if my body can handle it again.  I'm only 32, but have some health complications which make it more difficult.  

Since the attachment was the problem last time, we're just praying, praying, praying, hoping that this little one will attach!!  Our first blood pregnancy test is on March 3rd.

Good luck to you all too!  
You came to the right place if your 2 ww drives you crazy.
We test the same day. I had transfer last Sunday and I also only put one back.
My cycle was super weid this time, I did an IUI last Thursday and the IVF 3 days later. Never done before by my doctor.
I am feeling period cramps on and off and I feel bloated to. The cramps are more of a dull ache not sharp. I get so freaked out the second half of the 2 ww.
We can do this together! : )
Period cramps sounds really good!  That is what I had!  :)  Two days after my transfer I felt like i do when AF is coming.  Then off and on had pevlic aches and twinges.... then, the night before my beta i was sure AF was on the way.    maybe the cramps are a result of your uterus starting to adjust to get ready for the growing little one!!  any spotting?

esmie1012 - i am 14 weeks now;  i had quite a bit of morning sickness from weeks 7 thru 10, now the nausea and fatigue kind of come and go.  No cravings, just food adversions....I still can't eat chicken!  I am starting to really show; people at work started to guess last week.  For the most part feeling pretty good.  Next sono is Monday!!!

AKD84 -  thanks for the good thoughts!  How have you been doing?  Are you starting another IUI cycle this next month?
Hi its my first time on this site; I'm in my 2 wait; I had my first IUI with clomid on Feb 19 -- had big 2 follicles -- hoping my husband and I had some beginners luck....I'm going crazy; I took to hpt's so far and both were -....Hoping and praying it worked. Wishing baby dust to all!!
Me - not ovulationg regularly; hormonal imbalance
bd- low count
When is your test? It might be way to early for a HPT. I hate them, they are not good to use when your doing fertility. They mess with your emotions.
I just counted your days and I would say its WAY to early to tell.
What are you feeling? Are you taking any form of progesterone?
I'm lovin that you are starting to show! It must make you feel like it's really gonna happen for you! I remember you saying you had bad AF cramps the night before tour beta. I am holding on to hope! I hate the second part of the 2 ww, I am gonna try to stay calm. I have no spotting and the cramps are dull and not constant. I also know that the progesterone mimics pregnancy symptoms. As you can see, I'm torn/ back and forth with "could I be"
Did you decide on a theme yet?
Dang ladies! Where is everyone?
Last night at 1 am I woke up with such bad azz pains like period cramps times a trillion! It lasted for like 10 min. I also had the sweats and thought I was gonna throw up! I fell back asleep and woke up fine. I still feel full/bloated. My boobs feel heavy but that is the progesterone! I wish I could  sleep till Thurs.
Hope everyone is doing wonderful and had a great weekend.
Girl, this all sounds really good!!!!!!    Your test is Thursday?
Yea, thursday is  day! I have a long few days ahead of me.
ohhhhhh!!  I'm getting so hopeful for you.  Surround yourself with positivity - this is all sounding really promising :D
I know it's way took early to test( I'm not on anthing now RE didn't  schedule me for a test; he told me yo wait 2 weeks from iui and take hpt if no AF... Wait 2 weeks easier said than done!!!

My boobs are slightly sore; bloated; have been feeling some cramping; was constipated nut not anymore... Very emotional!!

I'm so glad I found this group it's so hard for me to talk about this stuff and people just don't understand.  Right now I just feel like I have Pms; hopefully I'm wrong...Praying we all get +++ soon:)
If you are not taking any meds then I'd say your symptoms sound wonderful. Most of the times when I feel symptoms it's because of the progesterone I take. It mimics pregnancy. Sounds cruel but it is a must.
Being emotional is good, I know it's scary and I know you are thinking of every little thing your body is doing but try to relax. I can't believe I just said that word RELAX! I also know that it's impossible to do.
So when should AF arrive for you? when are you gonna test again?

ALL,
I don't feel so bloated anymore, I do feel crampy! I knew it was gonna be like this. You just wake up and you feel nothing and then AF cramps come and ruin everything. NO blood, just cramps but I know the drill this is what always happens and it's right on time. I am kind of confused, normally I would test 9 days after an IVF. Tomorrow would be 9 days from my transfer but I have to wait till Thurs. For my test. so If AF is coming I should def. Have her before Thurs. I feel like she's right here though! Babs, I know you said that the night before your test and it turned out positive it's just so hard to think that way when you feel cramps. Uggggggggggh see I told y'all I'd be freaking out this week!
Hang in there hunny!!!  The wait is almost over.  You've been so calm and positive so far and I know that the result is going to be good.  Just stay off your feet as much as you can.  Praying for you that this one works and I have a really good feeling :D
yes, the night before this pregnancy, i totally had AF type cramps.  Cried and everything and told my hubby it was all over.  I also got them a few days after transfer.  With my other pregnancy, i got AF cramps for 3 days straight before expected period, but then AF never came.    I think your cramping symptoms sounded very interesting this cycle... you had them on and off for most of 2WW, right?   Still crossing all fingers and toes for ya!!!  
Devistated - Thank you for the kind words; I'm praying for you. Try not to stress -- I know that's like impossible.  Af for me is due Wednesday, March 2 but my IUI was on Feb 18.

Baby dust to all!!!

Hey everyone,
I am still hanging on, just some a little spotting, but no af.  How is everyone else doing?
Risa
Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmm, today I feel like my boobs grew bigger. I looked down and couldn't see my feet. LOL I told my husband yesterday that they hurt and he said "I guess so,they are huge" now I'm gonna paint the picture for y'all. I already have huge knockers and I've always wanted a reduction but I found out what they actually do with a reduction and I ruled it out, I could never go through with it. So I'm stuck with them. This month the progesterone is giving me a different effect. They always feel heavy and bloated and even sometimes sore but they never grew!!!! I am secretly hoping this means it worked! I had no cramps today and besides the two monsters in my shirt my belly stlll feels bloated. No blood, so I'm excited about my test Thurs.

How is everyone else doing?

Risa- thanks for the response yesterday, it is just a tad bit extreme this time! Are you gonna HPT?
The first sign that made me take a hpt early was the fact that my boobs felt heavier and bigger.  I also was taking prometrium but they def felt different.  Sure enough, I was preggers!  Your symptoms sound very promising.  Hoping you will get your BFP:)  Are you testing early at all?
Being a small busted person, I am jealous, lol  But I do have a friend who went through the reduction and feels very happy she did.  Hopefully you are implanting and you will get some good news soon! I tested and neg, but feeling sick off and on all day with a little tiny bit of spotting each day, so I am still feeling hopeful.  I just wish I didn't ovulate so darn early!  If Af starts, heading straight to RE office again.
Sending lots of baby dust,
Risa
Ok I need some positive energy & hope.
I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was pink spotting my af us due tomorrow and this is always the it stars:( I'm a crying mess.
My husban is on active duty in the Af this month so we have to take time off. Om so disappointed.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I'm so sorry! That is such a bummer.
Gosh, I know you hear this all the time BUT you never know! Some women have early pregnancy spotting and you should wait and see if it picks up and gets heavier. I wish we all lived in the same area so we could  be there in person when we have times like this. hang in there,chin up no matter the outcome you will pick yourself up and do it all over again until it's your turn and you have your baby! It will happen. Hugs to you!
i hope you still get good news, but try not to worry, you will have your time.  If this turns out to not be that time, look forward to your next cycle and we will be here cheering you on. HUGS TO YOU!
Heading to work, just wanted to say I feel normal today. The bloating is gone! My boobs don't feel full either! I'm really starting to freak out now! No blood!
1 more day - hang in there!!!!!  Are you going POAS at all?  No blood = positive vibes.  Hoping you'll bring a BFP back on the board tomorrow - haven't had one in a while.
Where are you in your cycle?
Risa
Hey - I had a follow up this morning.  I am CD16.  3 follies at 19, 17 and 16.  Lining at 7.8.  Estrogen at 5800.  RE reduced my dose and will be going for another scan tomorrow.  Looks like I will be triggering tomorrow with an IUI on Friday and Saturday.  How are you feeling?
AK, that is wonderful news and beautiful size follies. Woooooohooooo another 2ww!
I will NOT use a HPT, I think they are the devil plus I'm chicken cause as long as I see no blood I have hopes! I still feel nothing all day, boobs are not feeling anything. I do have a slight headache and I usually get menstrual migraines a few days before AF so that is the only thing I'm afraid of today! I will find out soon enough, I won't be able to post till after 5 tomorrow! I hope I can sleep tonight.... Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate being a girl!
Girl, aside from my cramps the night before my beta, I had NOTHING else going on.  No sore boobs for about 4 days, no bloating, no nothing!  I was 100% sure it was going to be a BFN.  I have a very good feeling about this for you!!!!!  
Woke up today with no feelings again, I guess I feel on and off again cramps? Not sure how to describe it, I think my mind has taken over. I am off to give blood in a few. I'm shaking as I'm writing this, sooooo scared. Talk to y'all later. Wish me luck.
Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait for you to post your BFP on here.  I have really good feelings for you on this one.  
3 good size follies sounds great and lining is good too! Hope your IUIs goes well this weekend .I am just dealing with this cold, blah. My throat hurts.  AF is due since I ovulated early, and I am still spotting daily.  I am trying to hang on,  but AF could be here today.

Sending baby dust to all,
Risa
I had a follow up this morning:

Right ovary: 20, 17, 15, 15
Left ovary: 18, 17, 16, 15
Lining: 8.3

Gosh! That's a lot of eggs.  On top of that my nurse goes - come back tomorrow.  I'm like WHAT?! If I come tomorrow there's gonna be so many mature ones and I will be required to aspirate ($300).  She's like hmmm I'll talk to the doc and get back to you.  So now I'm waiting for the doc to call me this afternoon.  I'm hoping I trigger today and don't have to wait until tomorrow.
My test was negative and I'm sure I don't have to explain to you how bad my feelings hurt. I will meet with my RE next Thurs. to see what the next step is for us. I am thinking 10 failed IVF's he's gonna give me the old, Sorry beat it I can't help you anymore talk.
Thanks for all your support, it really does help! I'll be in touch. XO

AK, DANG you have tons of follies and they are all in the perfect range. Good Luck! You have the perfect IVF cycle!!! Just sayin!  

I am so sorry, I have had a zillion iui's so I know that it is so disappointing to get another bfn.   Looks like I am starting af, so I am a bummed too! :-(

Risa
Devistated - oh no :( ... grrrr!!!!!!!  I feel for you hunny, man going through 10 IVF's is soooo tough.  Your symptoms seemed so good and I was so hopeful for you.  Dang - I'm bummed for you :@ Hang in there - were all you IVF's with the same RE?  Perhaps going to a new RE will be beneficial?

Risa - Sorry about A/F.  Man this is so tough and I wish there was a magic wand to get all of us pregnant in a second!!!!!  Your positivity and strength is admirable.

AFM - 1st IUI this morning, RE had me trigger yesterday.  A lot of ppl said this was the perfect IVF cycle but I just couldn't prepare myself mentally to even ask.  We submitted the sample at 8:20am but it wasn't inserted until 10am.  I was crying to the nurse b/c I was worried the sample wasn't good anymore.  She said not to worry b/c they keep it at an optimal temperature and mix in a liquid that can keep the sperm alive for days.  Another IUI tomorrow and then the 2ww begins.  So much BFN news lately, I'm feeling bummed for everyone :(
Hey girl...how ya doing?  Hope you got my note from the other night.  Thinking about you and hoping you are doing better!  This plain ***** and I know how heart broken you are.  Sending you lots of hugs!!!

AKD84  - did they aspirate any of your follies or did they let it ride with the 6?
Thanks for all of the comments and notes. I am still stuck in a sad mood. I am however anxious for my meeting on Thursday. AF is starting today and she is not alone she brought her friend menstrual migraine. Ugggggggh and I'm having a house full of family in an hour.

Babs I got your message : ) thanks
They didn't aspirate me.  I went ahead with 4 mature follies.  RE said if this 5th IUI doesn't work, we should move on to IVF.  So if this doesn't work (don't know how I'm going to handle another BFN) then we're going to take a cycle off and move on to IVF.  

DEVISTATED - Hope your migraine gets better and you have a good get together with your guests.
been soooo quiet on here!   How is everyone doing?   Anyone have a beta coming up soon?  

DEVISTATED -  hope all goes well with your RE appt tomorrow!
Heyy!!!  Yea it has been super quiet for a while.  My beta is next Thursday.  I am 5dpo and not feeling anything.  I know it's still early so lets see what happens.  How are you?  You're in your second trimester now right?  Have you had another ultrasound?

esmie - haven't heard from you in a while.  How are you feeling?  Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy!

devistated - good luck on your appointment.  Hope the RE is able to provide some good next steps.

Risa - How's it going?  Will you be doing anything different this cycle?
I hve a cyst this cycle, so not going back to RE until next cycle.  That is fine, natural cycle for me.  Good news is my estradiol level is normal, so that mean the cyst is not increasing estrogen.  Hopefully cyst will be gone at the end of cyst.  My leading follie is not on the same side as the cyst, so that still gives me a chance.  My temps had been evelated, but they are now down to pre-ovluation, so hopefully I will ovulate around a normal day, cd 12-14.  My cold is almost gone, hurray!
Good luck to you during this 2ww.  I know it is such a hard time, but you did have 2 IUI's so hopefully one of them was the one!  
Hope everyone else is doing well,
Risa
Hi ladies, sorry I haven't chimmed in a while but thought I would drop in and say hello:)

Devistated - So sorry this cycle didnt pan out:( Hope your meeting with your RE went well?

AKD84- You're almost halfway in your 2ww.  The second half always drove me nuts=P I'm rooting for you this cycle:)  Afm, I just hit my 15th week mark and feeling pretty good.  Baby is doing well, which I'm so thankful for everyday.  Each appointment I get so nervous bc the worrying never really stops.  

Risa - Sorry about your cyst, those pesky little things.  I actually have one lingering on as we speak.  Glad to hear your cold is better, not fun being sick EVER!  Hope you will ovulate on your normal day this cycle:)

Wishing you ladies lots of baby dust!
Hi Esmie & all,
Looks like I will ovulate in the next day or two, so back to a normal day! The cyst doesn't hurt, so I am hoping it is going away on it's own.  I will go back to RE if AF shows.  Should be interesting 2ww since my meds or anything!

Sending baby dust!
Risa
So...it's a BFN...moving on to IVF.  Grr soo expensive and emotionally draining.  This was IUI # 5.  I want to skip this A/F cycle and do IVF on the following cycle...$10,000 coming out of pocket - a baby will totally be worth every emotional, psychological and financial stress we have faced!
Sorry sorry hon.... :( It is surely draining in every aspect, but definitely well worth it at the end. Just hang in there and take care of yourself in the mean time.  Wishing you a smooth transition to IVF.
(((HUGS)))))
so sorry girl!!!  You will get there, one way or another!  I have a friend who did about 7 IIU's but got pregnant with twins on her first IVF attempt.   Take this time leading up to the IVF to treat your body & mind right.....i suggest yoga..  it really helped me in the weeks before this last IVF!!
Sorry about the bfn, does the dr's know why you are not getting pregnant? You sure are lucky to be young, so that is on your side.

Sending baby dust to all,
Risa
Thanks guys for your support!  My RE basically said that success with IUI is only 20% per cycle so it's really hit and miss.  With IVF there's more chances that you'll get pregnant than not so the odds are higher.  He suggested that I wait out the next cycle and begin IVF on the following cycle.  On day21 of this cycle, he will be doing a biopsy to check if everything is OK inside.  I will take bcp this month to get my period and then move on to IVF.  I will see him on March 23rd for a detailed follow-up.  Excited but scared and nervous at the same time.
Hope your appt goes well.  Let us know what you find out. I am in my 2ww with this natural cycle, so not expecting much.  If AF shows next week, I will go to RE to go back on Fermara.  Working on getting off some of the weight I gained on meds, trying to just get back down so some of my clothes fit!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Risa

Hey, I am just stopping by to say HI. I hope everyone is doing well.
I am stuck in the I don't know what to do next world. Been trying to figure out what is next for us. Things don't look good.
It is ok to take some time and regroup.  You will know what to do next when the time is right.  I was stuck being natural this cycle since I had a cyst.  I haven't had any pain, so hopefully it is gone.  I am focusing on my weight right now, something I do have control over!  

Take care,
Risa
Hi, everyone-not sure if anyone here remembers me, my last IVF with ICSI cycle was negative- tomorrow if the day to have ET- this time going for day 5 transfer which is very scarey (last time i had day 2 transfer)  i had 5 embies on day 2-not sure how many have made it to day 5, i will find out tomorrow.
How is everyone else getting on
Hey All,
So I am day 7 post 5dt from donar embryo's.... blood test scheduled for this friday april 1 but it seems so long away and seeing as I have not had any hcg injections I did a HPT which has come back positive!! trying not to get too excited though as I know they can give us false answers.
This is our first transfer with a donar after some ovarian cancer then 2 years of trying to stimulate my own ovaries to no success. So I an quite anxious about it... i very much hate the dreaded 2 week wait and totally fell for all of you rgoing through something similar!
I am taking proestrogen pessaries and eostrogen tablets (cant spell either of those :)) does anyone know if these will effect the accuarcy of the HPT?
also starting to feel a little ill from time to time, thinking it could be my nerves though!
oh and my stomach is blaoted and has gone hard to touch... anyone had that? I think it might be from the proestrogen!
:)
hi, you can get all sorts if different side effects, from all the hormones, and with possible changes that your body is going thru.  hopefully that HPT wil be correct, its so diffficult on the two week wait, and i am only day 2 post embie transfer (at blast-day 5)  so i only have 11 days to wait til i do my test, and it seems like ages already.
Make sure you rest up, until your test, and if your worried about any strange symptoms, talk to you dr, i am sure that people have loads of diffferenet symptoms.
Take care xx
Your positive HPT sounds very encouraging!  Those things show a positive if the HCG in your system is at or above 20 I believe.  You should try again tomorrow morning when you first wake up.  All of your symptoms sound encouraging too!  Good Luck!!
thanks for your words of encouragement!
did anothe HPT this morning and got en even darker positive response! can hardly sit still with excitment, fingers crossed for my bloods on friday is all I can... althoughI am still prepared to face devistation should it turn out that way... funny howou learn to get excited with a level of trepidition added to it :)
what about you? where are you at?

Hels79:
the dreaded two week wait! how are you handling it? I seemed to manage up until this monday just gone with the impending test this friday. promised myself I wouldn't HPT but yet totally broke that rule! but such is life. I had a single day 5 transfer from a donar, the dr disuaded us from two as he was so happy with the quality of this embryo... quite possible he might have been right! good luck to you too and let us know how you go!
its not too bad so far, my first go i did a test a few days early, this time i am not even going to buy a test until the day before- but still have over a week to go so you never no, i'll prob end up geting a HPT beforehand.  
I had 2 day 5 embies put back, they tried to get us to just have one put back, but after lots of discussion me and my husband decided to go for the 2 being transfered, and the dr and embryologists let us go ahead with 2- am a bit nervous about that, as we were told they were good quality.  but i have people have twins on day 2 embryos so i just thought, one or two i'll be happy. I feel much more positive this time round, not sure if thats a good or bad thing.  have had a bit of crapping but thats it, and was expecting that. scarey stuff!!

Thats good news about another positive test for you, fingers crossed that'll it continue to stay positive for you. I Have my test the friday after yours, so keep me informed, sending you lots of baby dust to you x
I'd say you are definitely pregnant. CONGRATS!
I have a question and I tried to send you a message but it won't let me send it so I friend requested you.

Hey babbs. Xoxo

Hels-good luck with your 2ww, keep positive!

Risa- hey thanks for your encouraging words. I am not making any progress, I feel broken.
Congrats girl!  It getting darker is a very POSITIVE sounding positive!  :)  It means your numbers are doubling.  Great news!!!!!    

I am 19 weeks tomorrow with a little one!  It was my last try at IVF; had 5 really poor quality embies transfered in December at day 3.  Three were only 3-cell and highly fragmented; the other two were 4 and 5 cell (should at least be 8 cell at day 3).  Well, one took hold and is doing very well!!!

Can't wait to hear your results on Friday!  
Got a little bit of a shock at my sono on Friday.  Found out that my little girl grew a weenie!  It's a BOY!  Had to return a lot of super cute clothes & it has taken me until today to refocus my brain on Boy instead of Girl, but we are thrilled all is still looking really great!  
thanks :)
waiting on results now! will be a few hours tho.
fingers crossed!

that is quite funny about your bump now being a boy :)
Exciting though!
well at least now you get to go our and do more shopping!
BFP!!!! HOORAY!
:)
HCG of 536!
congratulations xxxx
congrats!! what a HIGH number!!  Did they put two embies back?  If so, sounds like twins!!!!  
(My number was 167 on my first test)
congratulations! Your numbers are amazing! Nice and strong!
thanks girls!
they only put one embie back so no twins.
felt great all w/e but this morning feeling tired and having stomach cramping, almost feels like I have a UTI... which of course is freaky as now I am concerned about staying pregnant!
so many hurdles!
fingers crossed for week 12's  arrival!
I had cramping off and on for the first several weeks of my pregnancy.  I even spotted around 7 weeks (dark brown blood) for several days.  Of course was freaking out b/c i miscarried two years ago; i ran to the docs and had my blood levels checked again.  They were huge!  The nurse said it was likely just old blood.  When i had my sono a couple of weeks later, i told my RE about it.  He said the placenta is expanding and growing across the uterus in the first several weeks to prepare for the growing baby, and it can cause cramping and some spotting, as it digs in. Even though you are in fact pregnant, the implantation process actually continues for several weeks!  
Back in the cycle once again!
I start my progestrane soon and then travel to CA for my transfer...
Very exciting   :)
Hi All,

I am new to this forum...and have been reading some of  your recents posts. It has been a quite a journey for all of you...with some BFPs and as others continue to work towards theirs.All in all I think this is a lucky forum. I had my ET done on 03/31 where three embryos were transfered with this being my first IVF.I am due test for beta-HCG on 03/15...and this is 2WW just seems to keep dragging on and on....can't wait till it ends. Find myself getting very tired these days. Would love to hear from you ladies....SSBD to all.
Hi, everyone. Hope you are all fine.
I've been reading here little by little. It's really nice to see many of your encouraging words.
This is the end of my second 2 WWs waiting. We are having treatment in Germany. Our situation is from male side which everything is low. Since we are both foreigner here in Germany, and my German is still not that good. I sometimes feel so depressed to have the so called "service" here. Well, anyway, we tried first here and then see what we can do.
Each time we transfered 3  "5days-embryos". Today I just went to RE and they took my blood. I'll know the result this afternoon. Actually, I did a home test yesterday, it turned out negative. So I wouldn't be surprised to hear the negative again, and I've cried yesterday. So it should be fine today ( haha, just tried to make myself better). Well, I have to say it was easier this time to go through 2 WWs, but still when it seemed to be negative, I couldn't help think about if I did something wrong in between. The thing is, it doesn't help at all. I am getting myself ready to move on the next cycle. Hope everyone is fine. There is always hope as long as we keep trying.

Good luck ;)
Oh, by the way. Thanks for all your sharing. Many people around us can only ask us to relax. Many people always think it's the main reason that we couldn't have babies. And I'm tried of being questioned all the time. But still, we are like many couples here who have loving and supportive parters.It's really nice to be here. I'll pray for all of you... :)
today is my 1st day of tww
Hey! You hang in there. I know how lonely this process can feel and I can only imagine that is magnified when you're away from home and don't speak much of the language. All the best to you. The nice thing about this forum is that wherever you are you're never alone. Keep us posted.
I had my day 5 et transfer March 29th and have my blood test in two days. The waiting is killing me too! How are your symptoms? It's so hard to know if they're from all of the drugs or from an actual pregnancy. This is our fourth and final round so REALLY hoping the symptoms are for real. Best of luck. I hope 1st time is a charm for you!
I had cramps today like i do when AF is a day or two away...legs were killing me...even if its not successful in this cycle isn't it to soon for me to be getting AF like sypmtoms. Your almost done with the wait. How are your symptoms? Hope this time you get your BFP.

SSBD your way!!!
hi everyone, glad people are finding this site helpful and supportive, i also have found it very supoortive, and others such as friends and family who never have fertility problems or who have IVF never really understand what its really like, no matter how hard they try.  
I have to do pregnancy test on friday - i live in england and we have a test to do after 2ww rather than have a blood test, and then a scan after 3 more weeks,  but i couldn't wait and i did a test this morning and it was positive, just hoping it stays that way until friday. sending baby dust to everyone
I have had AF like cramps on and off the whole time! I think that is normal from what I have heard from my Dr. And read in here. I have also had pinchy cramping but that was in the first few days. My symptoms now are indigestion-not queasy but every time I eat I am burping it up for an hour afterwards, nice! I am peeing like a racehorse and my breasts are sore and am getting some unsightly blue veins in them. I think that's a good sign but it's certainly not pretty. I think the hardest part of this wait is reading into every little sign and knowing that it could be good or it could just be a side effect of the meds. Are you using the progesterone in oil shots?
Lots of luck your way too!
your story and your symptoms sounds too familiar!  this was my fourth and final attempt with IVF.  I am now 20 weeks!   I had cramping and spotting two days after a 3 day transfer, had zero symptoms for the next 3 days, then some cramping, sore and swollen breasts in the few days leading up to my beta.  A few days before my test, i noticed that the boobs were getting very blue-veiny looking.  Never had that before in any other two ww. Night before the beta, had total AF cramps; was so sure it was coming the next day.    

Good luck and be sure to report back!

babs - how are you feeling?  What prenatal supplements were you on?  How much folic acid did it have?  Did you take any DHA / DHEA supplements as well?  Anything else for your IVF cycle?  My endometrial biopsy is scheduled for Monday, if all goes well I should get my period by next Friday and the IVF cycle begins.  Nervous and excited but wondering if I'm getting the right amount of supplementation.  Following is what I'll be taking:

-Vit E = 800IU
-Vit D = 1000IU
-Prenatals with Folic acid - 1.1mg

Should I take anything else?

Thanks!!
I had my IUI's on April 4th and 5th and now in the dreaded 2ww.....hopefully will get BFP!
hi!    i did take DHEA (25mg, 3x a day) for several months leading up to and during my stimulations.  It is recommended for poor responders.  This was recommended by two of my RE's.    I also took vitamin E, and Royal Jelly/Bee Pollen.   I read about royal jelly on other sites; it is supposed to help with egg quality.   Oh, and i also took CoEnzymeQ10 (100MG); again, is supposed to help with quality.  Don't think the royal jelly or coenzyme did anything....  b/c i had better quantity this last time, but even though i am pregnant, my quality was not good!.   I would talk to your RE about DHEA.   I recommend not blitzing your body with a bunch of extra things like the royal jelly and coenzyme -- they are meant for desparate old ladies like me with old eggs(you are a young pup with young eggs!!).  Take the vitamin D and E, and ask your RE if he think taking DHEA would be a good idea to help with response ( but i think you respond pretty well, right?).
  I am taking Neevo DHA for my prenatal.  This is also a vitamin for older moms to be.    I also did several rounds of acupuncture leading up to this cycle.  if anything, it helped me focus and relax and visualize many follicles growing!   Oh, and i highly recommend the Circle and Bloom meditation series (google Circle+Bloom).  They have a series of sessions you download to your ipod, 1 for every day of an assisted cycle(even during the 2ww).   It helps you relax and de-stress through the whole process and visualize what you want your body to do.  I kid you not, on my IUI cycle right before this last IVF, i did these sessions and visualized 4 follies growing on my right side (nothing grew there at all on the IVF cycle before that)..sure enough, 4 grew.    On this last IVF cycle, I visualized 15 follies total growing, and 15 did!!!!    You can purchase for @$50.  I think out of everything i did, that is what got me to where i am today.   Get some good exercise before hand (before your follies get too big), and get lots of rest during your cycle.  And if you are a prayerful person, say the prayer to St. Jude everyday!!!!  

Keep me posted on your progress!!!
Thanks babs.

You're right - my RE said that I don't need the DHA or anything else.  He told me to start the Vit D and Vit E (should have been on it all along).  I take "PregVit" prenatals.  They have 1mg of folic acid - once I get pregnant, my RE wants me to change to 5mg folic acid for the first 12 weeks.  I did look into CycleBloom and it definitely sounds interesting.  I will look more into it.  I have my medications stocked up, biopsy scheduled, IVF consultation booked in - now just waiting for it to all begin.  A good biopsy report will be a good start :).  Will let you know how Monday goes.

Wow - time has flown by.  I remember it like yesterday that you announced your BFP and here you almost more than halfway through your pregnancy!!  Sounds like you're feeling great and feeling happy so yay!

Hello Future mommas.   Best of luck to all of you.  With God all things are possible.  

Today is day 6 after transfer of 2,  3 day old,  ICSI embryos.  Both fair condition but not great.  However, the transfer went well and said my Uterus was in very good condition.  I am still worried as can be.  I have literally not left the bed hardly for the last 6 days.  I want to take a HPT but I am afraid my HCG shot that I took last Tuesday will give me a false positive and my Doc told me to test the 04/14 which is still about 6 days off.  I am not really feeling any sickness, but my breast are EXTREMELY sore and I have been having cramps are not in the area of my uterus but feels more like my ovaries..  I don't want to get excited because I believe the sore breast could be explained by the estrogen patch and progesterone shots.  And the cramps may be related to everything they have been put through the last few weeks. I am so excited bt also scared to death.  I do not have a back up plan.  I only had 8 eggs, 5 of the 8 were large enough to ICSI and then 4 of 5 fertilized, only 3 of those 4 split and they implanted 2 and not heard yet of the other made it to freezing stage.  But that doesn't leave much of a back up plan.

We are pretty much in the same boat. I am on also due to test the same day as you i.e.04/14. This is my 1st IVF cycle. They were 9 eggs that were obtatined from the egg retrieval process of which three were fertlised  with ICSI and implanted on the 3rd day. Not feeling any symptoms now. Just the occasional cramps here and there. So pretty much giving hope that this cycle would be a BFP for me.

hi, everyone

did my testing yesterday, and got a................BFP!!!! :0)

now i am really scared it just has to stay where it is for nine months then i'll relax

sending baby dust to everyone xxx
Congratulations on your BFP. Wish you and your baby healthy and happy 9 months :)
yeah!!! congrats to you!!!!!
I am 2dp3dt of 2 8 celled embies. I am 43 and this is my first IVF. I don't have symptoms. I have stayed in bed mostly for two days but go to work tomorrow. I love reading your journeys as they keep me hopeful
Good luck!!  Take is easy these next two weeks!  When you come home from work, prop your feet up on pillows and just chill.  Two 8-cells is really good!!!  
This wait is so worrisome.  I have had every symptom known but, unfortunately I have also had an excuse for every symptom.  I have been having a lot of cramps this past 4 days and my breasts are so SORE, plus dinner has made me sick the last 2 evenings.  But, is it possible to be having so many symptoms this early?  I can think of an excuse for every symptom and it is hard to tell what the med's could be causing.  These last few days have drove me crazy and the next 2 I could imagine would be even harder.  I broke down and took a test Saturday and it was a BFN but it was also 6 days earlier than they told me to test.  SO I am not sure what to think.  One thing for sure testing early hasn't helped me at all except I now know the HCG shot is out of my system so if I get a BFP on Thurs I know it is real.  LOL.  Good Luck girl!  Let me know how it goes.  
Babs. Thanks. I sit most of the day at work and I have been driving three or so blocks to the train statiom because I am afraid to walk too much
LOL.

Was anyone still peeing all the time 7 days after embryo retrieval?
hey girl!   how are you?  have you started your stim meds yet?
Hey!!!

Yes, I started 225IU of HMG on Sunday.  Went for a follow up this morning and no real change but I have 8 follies on left, 6 follies on right and my lining at 3.0.  I'm really worried about my lining b/c even with IUI, the highest it went to was 8.  I asked my RE about viagara supporities and he feels that I wont need them.  He said by the time I trigger, the lining "should" be fine.  I go in for another follow up on Saturday.  After the bloodwork today, the doc may change my dose so lets see.  What was your lining on the day that you triggered?  Do you remember what it was on day 3?  Also, do you know what your estrogen amount was on the day you triggered?  My RE said if my estrogen is above 15,000, he wont do the transfer this round b/c it could affect implantation.  He said in that case, he'll freeze and transfer next cycle.

I am feeling a little nervous about the lining.  Otherwise, I would be feeling super with the number of follies etc.
Do you mean Vagifem suppositories?   Those are estrogen tabs, and i did take those the whole time with this last cycle.  I can't remember what my lining was on day 3 or when triggered.   On another IUI i did, my lining was only at 6 a few days before trigger, so they put me on estrodial tablets to beef up the lining.  It was the only time i ever had a problem with my lining.   I think for day 3, you are fine.  You have some time yet to go!   Great number of follies growing!!     I did have a friend who had the too high estrogen problem;  they froze instead of transfered right away and she did get pregnant with twins!  Actually, this past cycle, they froze for me too.  I had a period a couple of weeks after extraction and then i started the vagifem and they transfered.  and hey, i am pregnant!  so , don't worry if they don't transfer right away!  it still works!!!  
Hello Everyone I am back =D

how did things go today?
Hey - so from th 14 eggs, they're started charting 4 - 3 at 9mm and 1 at 10mm.  My lining is up to 5.4.  I go back in tomorrow (Tuesday) for a follow-up.  I'm starting to feel sensitive in my lower / uterus / ovary area so hoping that things are progressing well.  I will let you know how tomorrow goes.

Cleto - I was thinking about you.  So glad to hear you are back.  What are you up to?  What's your plan of action?
Hey hi.....

I tried another IUI today I hope it's my month.....
Hello ladies Im back after a long stressful break (read todays journal and it explains it all) I hope all is well as I try and play catch up here!
hey girl!  what's the latest with ya?
Hi all...this was my 3rd IUI & I'm on my 6th Day IUI today... Tomorrow I go for blood work for my progesterone & est. level...

I feel some cramping does anyone one why??

When I did my 1st &  2nd IUI I got the cramping once I did the trigger shot & this time no it's after & I started some carmping yesterday...

Please let me know anything....

Lots of Baby Dust to All...  
Hey,
I had the retrieval yesterday.  I was sleeping throughout the whole thing, so no idea what they / when they did it.  They retrieved 12 eggs.  Today I'll get a call to see if any of them fertilized and see how the embryos are doing.  I started a couple different meds yesterday - I think it will most likely be a day 5 transfer, which would be this Friday.  Do you remember what your estrogen level was on the day of trigger?  Mine was 14500 - which is pretty high.  I remember my doc initially saying that if it's above 15000, he wont do the transfer this round.  But looks like this round he'll transfer it.  Just wondering if the high estrogen will affect implantation at all.

How are you?  How far along are you?
Hi everyone just got a call from my RE and my Progesterone Level is at 18, & my Estradiol Level is at 346... I hope this is all good levels... I do my beta on May 9... I hope I get a good Mothers Day Surpirse...

SSBD to ALL... =D
I left you a message
all: progesterone came in at 23.9 had it drawn 1 day early due to work schedule and re said that is fine so now the wait really begins. Not feeling anything at this point no sore bb's or anything but praying that all is well.

re called and had me have my progesterone redrwan it made me nervous cause yesterday it ws 23.9 which  know is good and today it is 32.8 so thats realy good. I was scheduled to have it drawn originally on today but thought due to my schedule I would not have time to do it. But I am 6dpiui and having no symptoms at all...just like this over all tightness in my stomach as if I have worked out or something. Not in the lowe abdomen but above the belly button as if I did 100 sit ups...I do get a few pains on the left (where I have no tube) nothing on the right (where I have a tube and the follie was 22 mm the day of trigger) not sure whats going on in there but I pray this works.
12 eggs is awesome!  how are they doing?  did they call you with a progress report?  I do not recall what my estrogen level was b/c they retrieved and froze them anyway; that was the plan from the start, so they could then give me meds to get my lining and body ready for transfer a month later.  
bfromthed - things sound promising!!! Best of luck - I hope this is your BFP.

babs - 8 of the 12 eggs have fertilized.  I had OHSS symptoms the past few days but today I feel much better.  Transfer is scheduled for tomorrow (day 5).  They will do an ultrasound to make sure there's no risk of OHSS still and then proceed with the transfer.
That sounds awesome!!  Let me know how it goes today.   Did they put you on any meds while you were waiting for transfer? They put me on something that was supposed to help with implantation....forget the name...medrol maybe?    Anyway GOOD LUCK !!!!   Rest with your feet up all weekend!
TODAY is the moment of truth day!

2ww is over today, i go in at 9:30AM for my blood work. Hope its a BFP should know something by end of day.  I've really done good this 2ww but It all hit me yesterday. im a nervous wreck.  My husband is super excited, PLEASE LORD DONT LET ME DISAPPOINT HIM!
My husbands bday is May 11th, what a fabulous bday present a BFP would be for him and a wonderful Mothers Day gift to me (;
Wish me luck....

Sending you all baby mojo (BFP)
AK- omg this sounds wonderful! How many 5 dayers will you put back? Good luck!

Babs- how's it going momma? I'll try to inbox you soon, busy trying to sell my house (staging) keeping my mind busy and off my failures. I went on some depression meds but they don't work, they just make the rest of the world think I'm ok, but inside I'm broken!
I hope you are feeling wonderful, happy Mothers Day!

Bfromthed-hi, good luck in your 2ww, you are an original on here from way back when. : )

all: no symptoms 9dpiui all af signs. Lots of chills cold hands, feet, nose and if you know my history those all all bfn signs for me.
hey girl, what's the latest?  How did your embies do ? how many did they put back?
So things don't look good :( ... Embryologist said my eggs had a brown colour which is not normally seen in healthy eggs.  Of the 8 fertilized, only 2 made it to day 5.  One was a grade 2 AB and the other was a morula.  He said the grade 2 did not have good symmetry.  I was advised to not have bed rest b/c they want blood flowing throughout the body.  So I have been doing light housework.  I am feeling NOTHING since the transfer and today is 3dp5dt.  My gut tells me that this is not it b/c of what the embryologist said.  Even the RE said that my chemical preg could be b/c of the brown colour (they don't know what's wrong with my eggs).  Embryologist said that b/c I have primary amenorrhea (never ovulated on my own until I started fertility treatments) - the eggs have been stored in my ovaries for too long which could affect their quality.  My bloodwork is due next Monday (May 16th) if I don't get A/F by then.  I mean I'm feeling NOTHING!!!!  Did you have any twinges or cramping after your transfer, leading up to your blood test?

Feeling very defeated and beaten :( I am on another forum where there's 6 women who have the same condition as me - ALL OF THEM have announced their pregnancy - and I'm the only one with brown eggs :( Who knew that could even happen?
Hi Ladies'

I went for my Beta today and now I am waiting for that phone call from the RE...
I am soooo surper nervous.....

SSBD TO ALL......
Good luck!!!!!!!!  I hope you get a strong postive beta - sending lots of baby dust.
Good Luck!  I am excited for you.  Keep us updated.
I had a 3dt on 5/5/11.  I am on progesterone.  I am very bloated and I'm nauseous throughout the day.  Could these be side effects of the progesterone?  Early pregnancy symptoms?  My beta is not until May 20th. This is my first IVF cycle.
THANKS SOO MUCH... I am still waiting for that phone call...

But I think AF is gonna bet them to it =(
I feeling some cramping and when I wipe its very little and light red...
I am sooo scared... I just want to leave work and cry...

SSBD......
Hey, I had a day 5 transfer on Friday and am on progesterone as well.  I'm feeling absolutely nothing.  Your signs sound promising.  Implantation would have happened by now so these could be early pg signs.

Do you know what grade your embryos were?  How many did they transfer?
BFN........ I am soo sad.  I cannot eve look at my DH I feel like I have let him down...
I'm so sorry.  I feel the exact same way when I get a BFN - I always feel like I'm letting my DH down.  He's always so happy at the start of the cycle and then I give him bad news.  I am very thankful that he is so supportive and gives me so much strength.  All we can do is rise again with new hope.  It's just so hard to go down this journey with no positives - ugghhhh.  I'm sorry :(
AK---- hang tough girl, sorry to hear about your news. There is always hope and even though we are used to BAD news month after month, we always have that tiny little thing called hope! It could be so small that you don't feel it, but in your heart it's there and as long as you have it you will make it through this 2ww. If this is another failed cycle you will pick yourself back up again and look at other options. Stay strong friend, xoxoxo

Cleto--- sorry for your negative, it's never easy. I hope you feel better soon!
So sorry for your news.  I know it isn't easy to handle and only time will help with all of the love and support you can get.

I am doing this all alone with only my husband knowing and I go in for my bloodwork tomorrow.  I took a hpt today, negative so very sad and upset for even doing it.  I am on day 9 of a 5 day transfer.  I only had 1 good normal felmale to transfer.  

So, time will tell for me as well.

Sleep well
hey girl -  well, that is not ideal i guess, but keep the faith!!  You have an AB and a morula.  That means the cells are dividing and your blasts are growing!  Let me remind you that I had the most disappointing lot of eggs with this cycle - - three of them were only 3-cell with tons of fragmentation; the other two were only considered B quality,... a 4 and a 5 cell.  They should be at 8 cell on day 3!    One of those guys stuck and I am over 6 months now!  Do not give up hope!!   I did have some spotting 2 days after transfer, then nothing at all for like 5 days.  Then I did have cramping on and off and alot of cramping the night before my test...was sure AF was coming .   Stay positive and keep me posted!!!
I am due for my blood work this morning.  I was up all night with a bit of cramping and the feel of AF coming.  Not to mention, a hpt yesterday and this morning and both negative.  Not sure how to stay positive for this mornings appt.  Very sad!!!  It is my 10 day after transfer, I just hope the hpt is wrong and not able to detect it yet. But I got the one from First response that says it detects 6 days before your missed period, so I would think it is pretty accurate.  
awaiting af lots of cramps and temps are down trying to figure out what to do next. I know prayer changes thing...and God will NEVER steer me wrong at least I have a few weeks before iui is due to decide.
Thanks sooo much for your thoughts...

I know I am sooo THANKFUL for my DH as well...  I know he is hurting but just hides it... I know we will get BFP sooon...  I have FAITH IN GOD...  I also have no one familiy nor friends that know what I am going thur but I do THANK GOD for the 2 people I have in my life which is my DH & my DD and YOU ALL on Medhelp...

SSBD TO ALL OF US....

PS:  Tomorrow I go for an u/s to see if I don't have cyst and to see if I am a good candidate for IVF due to my weight....
hi all

im not really in a 2ww wait to see if im preg but im in a 2ww to go to my first RE appt. i am very nervous about this, and not sure what to expect first visit. i am 28 yrs old with pcos... i just did 3 months of clomid and it did not work. i was convinced last month that i had o'd on 150 mg, as i got a pos digital opk reading on the 20th day but when i went for my bw the next day my levels were only 1.4 the previous months had been lower.....  its hard because none of my friends understands what im going through. i do have one friend that before her hysterectomy a few weeks ago had offered to carry a baby for me if i could not, but being she cant now she did offer her eggs to me if we needed Donor eggs....
sarah
congrats to all those BFPs and to BFN i salut you for your courage to keep posting and informing us i am on 2ww today is my 4th day after 5day single embryo transfer having had 12 eggs collected 8 mature one transferred and none made it to freezing. its my first IVF but have heard series of clomid and letrozole all 12 negative results 2 ectopics and 2 miscarriage and blocked tube. i feel encourage to read all the postings but i am afraid this time round i feel nothing i have a very deep feeling its not going to work that psychologically am already prepared guess it the outcome of those many many false hopes. i am a bit curious though i have been having a discharge from the day i stared my stimulation and it doesnt seem to go away and it increased after egg collection and still on anybody with such experience please advice
Good luck!!  What was the grade of your embryo?  I had 12 retreived, 8 fertilized but only 2 made it to the transfer day.  The quality was not so good - one was a Grade 2AB and the other was a morula.  Kinda shocking that out of 8 fertilized, only 2 poor embryos made it to day 5.

So you had 12 retreived, 8 fertilized and only one made it to transfer?  Or did you have 8 embryos ready for transfer on day 5?
Hello ladies...going in on the 24th for follie check and see where I am I still have not decided if I will go through with the iui plan cause things are still so shaky with dh (he has been gone 3 months today) We have been communicating a little better lately but nothing has changed as far as "the situation" just praying God gives me the answers not what my heart want cause I know he wont steer me wrong
Hello Everyone

I had my ET on May 12,they transferred 2 embryos (blastocysts), I had my first beta on Friday May 20th and nurse told us that they don;t give results until 2nd beta is done,but then she called later that day to tell me that my beta was 140.4 that it was great and most likely it would double up by monday and that I have a good chance of being pregnant,my hubby and I told our parents but Still I'm a little worried, What do you guys think?

Thank you
went to re's office this morning and as my luck would be all the larger follies 19 and 20mm are on the left side where I have no tube and the 12 and 16mm or on the right waiting on them to call not sure if I should go ahead with the iui if the larger follies are on the left or should I? I need advice. Due to my marital situation this may be the last month I ttc but I will always be here to support you ladies. I have been going through this 10 years now.
hey girl  ....how are ya?  haven't heard from you in a while.  Hope all is well with you!
Viewing 1201-1400 comments: