Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anyone done more than 3 rounds of clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I just completed my third round of clomid with no sucess. I have ovulated every time but still no luck. Has anyone taken more than three rounds with any success.
I personaly have not made it that far yet im on my first round of clomid. But i have seen alot of stories of people getting pregnate on the third and fourth month. I even seen one on the sixth. Hope this helps ease your mind. Good luck!
Im on my 3rd round of clomid and currently in my 2ww. If I don't get my BFP then off to IUI, injectables, and accupunture. Im afraid to keep taking if for the recommened 6 cycle as I don't want to thin my uterus lining, as they say that is common after a few cycle of clomid. SSBD
I was on Clomid what seems like forever.  I did IUI 2 times on Clomid as I had at least 1 follicle that became mature.  My lining started to thin after I got up to 100-150 mg.  I would recommend only doing it maximum of 3 cycles and then moving onto something else.  

I moved onto Follistim injectables, and first cycle had much better response and NO thin lining.  This time I had my IUI on day 13 and had 3-4 follicles that were mature and I did IUI.  I will be testing tomorrow, so hopefully it works out!!!
Had four IUIs with clomid, all unsuccessful. Completed first round of IVF and am now 6w2d pregnant!  Good luck to you!
I just finished my 4th round of clomid. Are you being monitored for # follicles and lining? I have read that if you don't get pregnant on a certain protocol in the first 3 cycles, then the chances that you will get pg from the 4th cycle on go down. But if follicles and lining are all looking good, it could be worth a few more tries. My RE said not worth more tries for me because my lining was too thin each time, so I am switching to injectables. Good luck!
I am on my 3rd round of clomid 100 mg (cd34).  my temp dropped today so im thinking af will come soon but im still above my coverline and have no signs of it showing other then temp drop.  im not sure what to do at this point as my benifits dont cover any fertility treatments  But my doc gave me prescription for 6 rounds.  My OB is not checking follicles or lining.  I wouldn't mind trying iui but dont know about cost.  This is becomming very stressful on hubby and me.    Just feel blah today thinking this month was a bust as my chart was looking so good.
I am on my 3rd round of clomid, 1st round at 150mg. I wont know if I O til later this week but am hopeful this round works. I don't know what we will do next. I haven't been monitorred for follicles.
Thanks for all your encouragement. My OB decided 3 rounds was enough and it is off to a specialist. Luckily I have insurance that covers this I have seen how expensive it is without it. So for those who don't have coverage I wish you luck with the clomid.  Wish me luck
I just finished my 5th round of Clomid and now I have the wonderful wait... My doctor will not let me go any further with Clomid and I go for a consultation tomorrow to see what the next step will be from here. Hopefully the next step wont come, I am hoping this 5th round did its job and gets me a BFP!
Hoping the same for all of you!!
I did probably close to 15 clomid cycles over the past almost 7 years.  They usually made me ovulate, but I never was able to successfully get pregnant on clomid.  Now we are on our second round of IVF.  (First round didn't work.)  Don't lose hope!!!
good luck with the IVF!! I hope it works for you this time.