Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anyone in there 2WW???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-245 comments:
Hi, everyone. This is my first post. I am 1 week into the 2ww and honestly can't concentrate on anything else. I took Clomid 150 (5-9) and trigger shot a week ago Wed., then IUI a week ago. Finding this forum is a blessing. This is the first time I have gone through the IUI procedure (my daughter is 15 and was conceived without difficulty), but my wonderful husband and I have been TTC for 2 years now...his tests were fine; I think it is mostly my age (I am 39; he is 28). I had my blood drawn for the progesterone today and it was 15, but I'm not exactly sure what that means. Does anyone know?

I wasn't planning on posting, but your stories are both inspiring and heartbreaking...I can't imagine going through this month after month. I am praying we'll get lucky the first time, and I will keep you in my prayers as well!

Hope all works well for you!

I am also 39 and trying for my second child.  My first I conceived with no trouble.  The second is turning out to be not so easy.

I am DPO16, after trigger and IUI.  Negative HPT.  So just waiting for AF to appear. Else I'll retest in a week.  Am on tenterhooks about what is going on.  

IN my case my partner has issues as he is 48 and has low count.  My age also surely doesn't help.  But I'm not giving up and will keep trying.

Best wishes

Good luck to you sweetie and welcome!!!! Keep us updates on your progress =)
I would totally not blame you for taking the progesterone again. If there is a chance of saving one of those babies it is definitely worth it. If you are anything like me I will do absolutely whatever it takes to sustain a pregnancy. God luck to you sweetie!! I will be praying for you xxx
Hi everyone.  I had my first IUI on Sunday July 4.  I was on 250mg of Clomid and took a trigger shot two days before IUI.  Needless to say I am anxiously waiting for this 2 weeks to pass.    Constantly googling symptoms of pregnancy and checking to see if I have any.  Is it too early to have any symptoms?  My husband and I have had been trying on our own for almost a year and have been with the fertility specialist for 4 months now.    Has anyone ever gotten pregnant on first try with IUI?  I hope so!  Good Luck to all out there!!!  July 19, can't come quick enough!!   Dina
Hi Dina. My wife and I were trying for years. We went to an RE and had an IUI on June 18. No clomid, She was taking metformin and injections, then an HCG trigger 250mcg on June 16. So to answer your question, its our 1st IUI and my wife is currently pg =) So far all she has as symptoms is fatigue and increased urination.

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your response!   Congratulations to you and your wife!!!  Its so nice to hear good news!!!
well i'm now offically back in the 2ww seems to be a natural cycle with trigger shot, hope all goes well and SSBD to all good luck
Good luck to you!! I  hope this is your month =)
thanks would like to hope so too, cause hen i can say it was a natural baby with mimumin assistance
Hi, everyone.

Thank you both for your encouragement. And, thank you sally for sharing a bit about yourself and you situation.

9 dpi and it was SO hard not to do a hpt this morning. I started having a little cramping in my left lower abdomen last night and is still there this morning...just praying AF doesn't come. From what I have read on here, all the other symptoms (breast soreness, bloating) can be explained by the trigger shot. I don't want a positive test to be from the trigger shot as well. (I already, crazy as this sounds, cry every month I get my period that it is even a day or two late--it feels like I lost something, even when I know I haven't!) I have so much respect for you ladies that haven't given up, and I believe in my heart your perseverance and dedication will pay off and you will have your babies!

misslollipop - Good luck to you!
inquiringdad - Congratulations to you and your wife!

I'm still praying we get lucky the first time IUI as well. :)
Good luck and hope your IUI goes well
hi everyone, I m new but I ve been reading you guys since I did my IUI 11 days ago. I did it wth no hormones, medecine etc. And it was on my natural ovulation cycle.
I took a HPT yesturday and there was a barely noticable line? I did one today and there was a definite line, not as dark as the other one but still there was a pink line.
Am I pregnant for sure? dont know what to think.
Thanks.
ps:it was great following your stories this past 2 weeks.
A line is a line- no matter how dark =) How exciting!!!! If you want to post a pic of it on here. Us girls are pretty good at analyzing them hehe
Congratulations!!!
Yep!  Agreed with rbohl01....if you gotta line....this is a pretty sure sign your are preggers!! Congrats!!!

To ALL:  So I just need a little reassurance please!!!
We are doing our 2nd IUI w/out monitoring or trigger.  I usually ovulate CD 17-19 and have consistently for the past 5 months.  Out of nowhere.....I test today!  CD12!!  OPK+!!  What?  I wasn't ready for that!  So now we are going in for the IUI tomorrow!  Do you think because I have done 3 rounds of Clomid back to back that maybe some of the follies were just more mature from the last rounds?  Does it work that way?  Anyone have a similar story?  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!!  Please help!!  
misslollipop - thanks, I hope things are going well for you!
doudaa -  that is so exciting! Congratulations!

I had my first iui 11 days ago and didn't test this morning, but am having a really hard time waiting any longer. Does anyone know if those "early" pregnancy tests really work? Hubby brought some home this morning, but since my 2ww isn't over for another few days, I wasn't sure if it would show anything. Also, does anyone know if you have to test first thing in the morning - last month when I was late (before starting with the RE) my OB/GYN tested me in the afternooon? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.
The First Response I took on 11 dpiui showed faint positive and my blood work that day was only 12 hcg so I think they really work awesome.
So I think it would be OK to test tomorrow, but remember everyone is different with implantation times, etc., So it will not be definitive until AF is supposed to arrive and doesn't. Good luck!!!!!!

doudaa- Congrats!!!
waitingformysunshine- Good luck!!!!

Thanks for your reply.  I went ahead and took the early pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. I am trying not to give up hope until AF comes, but I have been having a lot of cramping again in my lower abdomen, especially on the left side...so it is really difficult to stay positive. I am 12 dpiui...hoping my little guy just took his sweet time implanting. I felt like it worked after the procedure; now I'm almost sure it didn't.

Again, I have so much admiration for those of you that do this repeatedly. I'm starting to feel as though my entire life revolves around trying to become pregnant...
Hang in there!  It's not over until that witch AF shows up!  Keeping my fingers crossed this is the month for you!!  SSBD!!

To ALL:  2nd IUI today....MD stated it was a sample of good swimmers!!  We are trying an experiment....BD'd last night instead of abstaining for 24 hours....it didn't seem to make a difference in the sample....in fact DH's numbers were a little higher than last time (we abstained for 24 hrs prior)....Hmmm....maybe it was a timing thing!  Hope this is the month!!

***SSBD to you all!***
waitingformy sunshine good luck and SSBD

i'm now 5DPO and going to have progesterone bloodwork done tomorrow but sort of hoping i could get it done this afternoon due to having a busy day tomorrow, but i'm thinking it's going to be waste of time cause with my history af should arrive monday which is 10 days past trigger shot. anyway good luck all
waitingformysunshine: Thank you for your encouraging words! And good luck to you--I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! :)

misslollipop: Good luck and hope your blood work goes well and you get a great result!

AF still hasn't shown up (thank God!). So I'll will be doing another hpt Friday morning, which will be 2 weeks since the iui was done--if AF stays away. I'm still hopeful that maybe the cramps were/are from implantation or something. I spoke to my RE's nurse today, and she told me that everything looked perfect: follies, hubby's sperm, progesterone showed that I ovulated, etc. She also told me that some women have cramps similar to menstrual cramps during the first few month as the uterus prepares itself. I haven't heard of anything like that, but I'm not the expert. Sort of wondering if anyone else has heard of this before? I am trying not to worry and just hoping this is our month.

SSBD to all!
i'm losing faith that this will be my month due to the fact this stinking headache has arrive, as per usual leading up to af
Congrats doudaa!!

SSBD to all!!!!!!!!
7 dpo of a natural cycle if this is nor my month I will have my first iui in august
hi everyone! today is the day AF is suppose to show and Im so nervous. I ve been getting BFP's but I ve been reading about chemical pregnancies, which would explain the +++
So hard! Feels good to be here and sharing w u guys. I read you everyday.Kind of obssesed actually
I know what you mean about being kind of obsessed: I am reading these boards constantly!

My 2ww is up tomorrow. I've been having AF-type cramps the last few days on and off, but so far AF has stayed away. I'll be doing hpt in the morning. I wanted to test again this morning, but after the negative I got yesterday and how depressing it was, I wanted to put it off until the day I'm actually "supposed" to test.

I guess I don't know much about chemical pregnancies, but is something going on that makes you think it would be? Maybe the BFPs are just because it is your month!! :) Hoping so!
well good luck !!
I guess tmw is an important day for both of us. I hope it will be our months. Wouldnt that be nice? :)

About the chemical pregnancies, nothing is going on except, I read a lot about getting a BFP then no pregnancies. And lets not forget the cramps I ve been getting, breaking out, moodiness etc....

I just dont want to be too crushed if it doesnt happen. I guess patience is our best weapon here.
I'm trying to be patient, just not having much luck. I am also worried about the cramping, and as far as moodiness...well all of these hormones and all this 2ww worrying...let's just say I am surprised that anyone (including DH) is still speaking to me! ;)

I don't want to be too crushed if it doesn't happen either, but I know I will be.

You got a positive! More than one, right? I would be on cloud nine...but I understand your fear, believe me. I am sad every month when AF shows--and feel I've lost something; I can't imagine how much worse it would be having the positives and then not being pregnant.

I'll be thinking about you...keep me posted! :)
Yes to the cramps...my BFF had AF like cramps throughout her first trimester....she said she kept thinking...im getting AF but it never happened.....I know its hard not to worry...but try to focus on something is going on in there and that something might just be a little bean implanting.....Happy thoughts!!

It's hard also to read these boards and not think that everything we read is going to happen to us....Take a breath and try to enjoy your pregnancy....this one is gonna stick!!!

Misslollipop:  Best Wishes to you all tomorrow!  Happy Friday!  Keep us posted on the good news!!
Any updates on you girls testing this morning. I keep coming back to check for more BFP's =) Good luck to you all!!!

Doudaa- I had a chemical pregnancy in May. I had no cramping or any signs of even feeling pregnant. My HPT's were never very dark. I did get a positive on a digital but lost the pregnancy the following day. If you are feeling pregnancy symptoms than most likely it is the real deal in my opinion. Even when I was losing the pregnancy no cramping or anything.
Now that I am actually pregnant and things are going good I do experience those menstrual like cramps. It is completely normal. Its cause by the uterus getting prepared. Are you scheduled for your Dr's appt yet???

misslollipop- One of my first indications that I was pregnant this time was the headaches. It is very very common in early pregnancy. I have my fingers crossed for you and all of the girls here in there 2WW. Keep me posted =)
Another negative hpt this morning. I called RE office and spoke to his nurse. She just reassured me that I ovulated and so will either start AF or am pregnant and it isn't showing up yet. I'm supposed to test again Monday and call them back. Still menstrual-like cramps, so I'm pretty down.

Hi, Its not over yet. We all know how unpredictable all this is.
you might just get a nice surprise!!

rboh01: This makes me feel sooo much better. I did get another BFP and darker line this time. So I guess its a good sign, but ill be excited when I get my blood work done. I ll probably go monday which would be 17 day pastIUI.
About 45 minutes ago, I started having SEVERE abdominal pain (not just on left lower area anymore, but everywhere beneath my belly button). I feels like incredibly bad gas pains (the sort I remember having with labor...but that was 15 years ago, so I could be mistaken). Let's just say they are BAD, as in I am doubled over in pain, then it lets up a little, then doubled over again. When I tried to go to the bathroom, the tissue showed a tiny bit of pink when I wiped, but none in toilet or on liner (sorry if tmi)...AF is schedule to show herself.

Has anyone experienced anything like this during your IUI's? Again, my iui was 2 weeks ago today and negative pregnancy test this morning. Now I'm not only heartbroken, but in pain and frightened as well!
AF showed this morning...although from my scary post yesterday, I wasn't surprised. Thanks to everyone that tried to support me as I was going through this first 2ww and iui. I think I looked at every single little thing that happened as a good or bad sign: I'm an idiot, but I just wanted it so badly. I know some, if not all, of you ttc can probably relate to that.

Anyway, it just wasn't my month. I guess depending on what RE says Monday, we will start this wonderful process again. SSBD to all; you are all still in my thoughts and prayers, and thank you so much again just for letting me talk and vent.
You are not an idiot! How can anyone go on for 2 weeks not knowing. At least we found this forum to share and vent. Dont be too sad, look at all the successful stories we hear about on here. I just wanna believe.
well i'm now 8DPO now if going to my usual self AF is supposed to arrive tomorrow hopefully nit, and i get bloodwork back to see if ovulation actually ocurred, hers hoping it did so will update you on monday afternoon afte i finish work for the day
I am so sorry AF came. Just have faith that next month can be it for you and keep us posted on what our RE says.

misslollipop- Let us know if AF comes. I am praying she doesnt and you get your BFP!!
well as i knew she would show her ugly face, started spotting this afternoon just after i got my bloodwork results to tell me that i O'ed well i knew that.. so going to pick up meds and have another bloodtest a beta to make sure the levels are below 5 due to the fact that i had been pg before and still  had a period but eneded up in misscarrige a few weeks later after seeing the heartbeat and all. good luck to you all SSBD maybe i'll be lucky next month
Ok i could have been wrong and had implantation bleeding as it was a bit of pink TMI i know but it's gone, so heres hoping she stays away, but i think i might just get bloodwork to see if there is any hcg dected, will update you tomorrow night when i know more.
Nope she's back :( good luck to you all
Hi, yesturday I got my BETA and I'm pregnant. It felt so unreal. My nbr at 17 days post IUI was 1400. I guess they re good nbrs. My docteur is on vacation, but I'll send him a text to let him know. Now, here is the problem, and hopefully someone can help me. My husband and I had sex last nite ( first time since IUI ), and after that I noticed the tiniest little pink spot on the bed! It rely scared me! I went to the bathroom, there was no blood, but ( sorry for the details) mucus had a very light pinkish tint to it. I don't know what to think! Can someone tell me if that ever happen to them and it is. Thank you so much
doudaa.. congratulations,

Update AF doesn't know what it wants to do wheather to appear or not, so had blood drawn but it maybe to early so for hCG levels to be detected, i keep spotting and it's getting so annoying, But i picked up meds anyway for when we know whats going on.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!! I'm not a doctor or anything, but I can tell you that with my first pregnancy (15 years ago), just about every time my then husband and I had sex (and sometimes even when we didn't), I had a little pink spotting. It really was terrifying, but my doctor said that just happens to some women--especially in the first few months--and other than the occasional pink spotting, I had a perfect pregnancy and delivery.

Everyone: I saw my RE this morning. Started Clomid 150 for the next 5 days, shots of Bravelle twice this week on Wednesday and Friday, and oral Estrogen pills (which I'm supposed to insert into my vagina every night?...weird) starting Thursday. I go back in one week for another u/s and more blood work. Will do a trigger shot and another iui if everything goes according to plan. Has anyone heard of this regimen? The Bravelle injections and estrogen are both new this month.

The RE says everything looked perfect last month, but no baby...so he wants to step things up because my cycles have been longer than 28 days since starting the Clomid several months ago...and because of my age.

Thanks to everyone for your support. It is so difficult going through this and not really having anyone to talk to about it. I'm a worrier, unfortunately, and my hubby is exactly the opposite. He doesn't worry about anything, and just says it will work out and we'll have our little Jack or Emma. Sometimes that makes it harder, as strange as that probably sounds...to be the only one that doubts that it will happen. Then again, I'm the one shoving my body full of hormones! I'm so bloated, I feel like a whale, I cry at commercials--especially if a baby is involved; I'm basically a little nuts at this point! The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that this will increase our chances of having the little one we are dreaming of. Good luck to everyone ttc!!
hi there, I went for a second IUI on 17/11 and 18/11..My first one was on 10 June 11 and was BFN, but soon after I found out I conceived naturally.  Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks - it was the worst experience of my life, especially because we've been TTC'ing for 2.5 years and I thought this was it! So, we're in the TWW as well - very anxious and mixed emotions, don't want to be too positive or too negative, so I'm just thinking "it'll happen if it's God's will".  Even though I want so desperately to be preggers by Christmas.  Good luck to all and it's good therapy to see that I'm not alone - someday we'll all get our 2 stripes on a stick!
so we're moving onto IUI soon, we have an information evening to attend thursday then 13/12 we plan our first course of IUI or if the tests don't come back good it'll be IVF striaght away. I just really want to be a mum. I'm gonna be 31 soon....thats ok isn't it?
Hello!!!!! I'm within my 2ww.  My IUI was done on 12/31/2011 and I'm suppose to take a HPT on 01/17/2012.  I have been pregnant before, but had a miscarriage.  I find myself trying to compare the signs and symptoms of my last pregnancy with what I'm suppose to feel now.  I don't feel anything!!!  I'm beginning to think that this first cycle was a fail.  I have prayed and done all that I could do to help create this miracle.  If this doesn't work, I will try again for the 2nd cycle.  I won't give up just yet!
I'm in 2ww with you.  I'm 7dpo so I'm a few days behind you.  I feel a little crampy today and I'm hoping that its implantation, but likely just something I ate. No other signs than that.  With my last pregnancy (miscarriage) I had all kinds of signs, so this is a little off for me.   Good luck.  SSBD!
i'm in the 2ww too....we did iui last friday...no symptoms apart from cramping and spotting for the first couple of days...early days tho
We pretty much have gone through the same things...It must be mind boggling that we have to wait...I'm already impatient.  I'm running out of things to do to keep me busy.  How are you getting through?  Good luck to you and loved29!!!!
Viewing 201-245 comments: