Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anyone on their 2WW?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-235 comments:
I'm happy to see majority BFP's ... this is great!!

Tomorrow is my beta and I'm hoping so much that I finally get one as well. 8yrs of TTC is getting tiring especailly when it's a disappointment everytime.

To those who are awaiting their Beta's ... BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU GIRLS FINALLY GET YOUR BFP!!!

Lots and lots to sticky sticky baby dust to you all.
All,

Hello ladies! I have just read every one of your posts and I am excited to join this forum. I am joining a little early though. I am in the midst of my first IVF and havent had my transfer yet. My retrieval is scheduled for June 8th and transfer hopefully June 13th so I still have 2 weeks before my 2 week wait.

I am so happy for those of you that already got your BFPs and for those of you that did not receive them or did not receive them yet, your time will come. I saw a quote early on and im not sure who posted it but it was very inspiring. "you will get your happy ending and if you havent then its not the end yet" or something close to that and I wanted to repost it.

I just started my stim meds on sunday night so I have an appt tomo at the RE to do a scan to see how my follicles are growing so far. I am feeling very happy and positive this cycle. I am very low stressed this cycle which is strange bc I am a very high stress person naturally.

DH and I have been trying for 17 months now. 5 failed IUIs (3 with clomid and 2 with injections) and were ready for our BFP. I think this will be our time!

Here's to Hoping. Babydust and Love to all!!
Good luck tomorrow!!  Mine is on Thurs.  You have waited long enough, so I hope it is your turn this time!!!
So I went to my ultrasound yesterday and they were very discouraged.  Only a small sac, no yolk sac, no heartbeat and no pole.  (6w4d)  However, my hcg went from 1800 to 3035 so they don't want to give up quite yet. I go back tomorrow for another u/s and more bloodwork.  This is quite a roller coaster. Ugh!
I am 5dpiui. This is pure torture! The tww feels like a lifetime.  I have been cramping since the moment I had iui done. Keep hoping the cramps are good news and not pms. I am totally stressing my self out.  
Congratulations...that's great news. Hope your BT confirms it too....all the very best.
All,
Hello! I just went to the RE this morning for BW and US and looks like im still chugging right along. I started my stim meds sunday night (follistim) and so far the follicles arent big enough to measure yet but I have about 10 on my right ovary and 8 on my left ovary as of now. I will add menopur to my follistim tonight (along with my lupron still) and then go back fri and sat for another US and BW.

Im feeling great and doing well, this process is going pretty fast for me, 5 weeks down and 1 week to go until my retrieval, which is scheduled for next wednesday june 8th.

Any words of wisdom or advice, or anything to watch out for from those of you that have just gone through this? Im really worried about how sore and bloated ill be before the retreival. Also of the pain. Will I be able to go back to work the next day??

Here's to Hoping!! Love and babydust to all!!
I can't believe this .. i got THAT CALL ... BFN!!!   AGAIN!!!!!!!!

I don't understand, doctor said "Everything was perfect I don't understand why it didn't work"

8 yrs of trying i don't know when or why this isn't happening.

I'm happy for all you ladies that got your BFP's i wish you much luck with your pregnancies and all the ladies awaing your Beta's I really do wish you all get BFP's!!!!
Hi ladies!
I'm 6dp5dt and a nervous wreck! HPT BFN this am...will probably try again tomorrow am.

Crampy, sore bbs but bloating is actually better today since the retrieval.
21 follies, retrieved 11 eggs...10 fertilized. Opted for PDG testing dt my age and the results were alarming...3 pos Downs Syndrome, 3 pos with miscarriage Chromosome, 2 grade A girl Blasts, 2 grade A boy blasts. We opted to transfer the 2 boys as we already have a 12 yr old girl conceived from IVF.
tested BFP 8 days after her 3dt on HPT. Carried twins for 4 months so possibly that's why results were early.

Wish us luck...probably last round of trying...I'm 40 in 2 weeks...dh 48 so we're gettin old! :-) jk
Oh no!  I am so sorry to hear that. I soooo know how that feels.  My heart goes out to you.  I know it is hard to think positively, but don't give up.  There are a lot of ways to get a baby---donor eggs, adoption.  Your time will come one way or another.
Thank you for your kind words and support. I will not give up. When I want something badly I keep going for it because I know I can get it.

I go tomorrow to talk to my doctor. I read somewhere online about a test called E-tegrity, so I'm going to ask him about that. It's a test to see how receptive the lining of the uterus is. The doctor saw it thru ultrasound and said it was good, but this test says it checks for the presence of the Beta-3 integrin (a glue-like protein) necessary for implantation to take place. So I was thinking maybe that could be a problem, I don't know.

I am also considering acupuncture. I've read alot of women do that and it seems to help.

Well, I hope you get good news on your beta, you get your results today right?
Any test that might tell you what is going on is great.  I thought I might have an implantation issue too (always had a tough time getting my lining thick enough with FETs and had light periods) so was reluctant to move to donor eggs as an option (I'm 38).  But I did and I am glad I did it.  

Yes, I did get my Beta today, it was 1097 so it looks good but am waiting for the u/s.  Just need to see it to believe it I guess.

Good luck with everything.  I am sending you lots of baby vibes and know that your time will come.  Be good to yourself.
1097!! that's great! Yes, when you see it then you will believe it. I wish you all the best and I will keep you updated with what's going on and you do the same I would love to know how things are progressing with you.

Take care and good luck!!!
WaitingforthatBFP-Im so sorry you got a BFN. Just keep your head up because your time will come. Im so sorry it wasnt this round. The test you were talking about sounds interesting, please let me know how it works out.

almh-Congrats on your beta what a great number!!

momtoone1-How was your next HPT? When is your beta?

Well ladies I went to the RE on friday and on Saturday and my follicles are growing but there are less and less everytime I go which is making me quite nervous...at first there were 18, then friday were 14 and when I went on Saturday they only saw 11. I hope there are some in there they just are missing on the ultrasound and I hope they still get alot during my egg retreival. I have another appt tomorrow morning (monday) and hopefully if my follicles are ready then the ER will be Wednesday June 8th. Im so bloated and feel so blah! I can feel every movement in my ovaries. Mostly when I walk I can feel it in my ovaries. Ill let you know how the RE goes tomorrow morning.

Here's to Hoping! Love and babydust to all!!
Hey guys I'm reading everyone's stories. Just want to say good luck to all. This is my first ivf, I've had issues with pregnancy, two miscarriages naturally and one d and c done. Come to find out I have immune issues and ivf is the most effective way for me to keep a baby. I had egg retrieval done on Memorial day. 11 eggs, 9 fertilized.  Transferred 5 days after retrieval with three embryos yesterday told they were excellent and hatching. The wait is killing me and I'm nervous... It soothes my nerves to read so many successful stories. Just wanted to share mine.
Welcome! ANd good luck during your 2ww! I hope this is the one for you!! THis is my first IVF as well. We are having our egg retrieval on wednesday and I also have 11 follciles, I hope I have great numbes like you!! Keep us posted on your 2ww and by Monday Ill be there with ya! WHen is your beta?

Here's to Hoping! Babydust and Love to all!
hi ladies,

so glad to see lots of you are getting postive result and so sorry to hear that some of you are not getting the result you wanted.

I had my EC on 23th may 11 eggs were collected but only 9 of them were good enough for icsi after day one 8 had fertilised, so the clinic wanted to do blastocyst on the egg after the 5 process only 2 eggs made it though the blas and three were ongoing so i had one very good grade embryo put back in. and 2 managed to be frozen. i had the ET on the 28th of may. i have felt fine the whole time and was doing really well i didnt test but then it got the better of me and i tested on sat 4 june and got a postive reading wasnt sure if it would be the drugs giving me a false reading. so i done another test today and again it was postive. I am due to do my HPT on thursday. i cant wait to see the results.

wish everyone luck and hope we all get our lovely little babies soon xx
Hi thank you for such positive words.
My beta is on Saturday 6/11/11. A nurse will
Be coming to my home everyday and one
Of those days she will Be taking blood. Not Sure if it's for That. I will definitely keep u posted.

Wow u have 11 as well yay!!!! Omg the shots had me sooooooooo moody. How r u feeling? I was bloated as well with sore boobs.
Not looking too good for me :-(
today is 10dp5dt and still BFN on hpt.

Cramps like crazy the past 2 days and starting to feel discouraged. DH says it's just "his boy's" diggin in :-)  He's being positive, however I'm finding it hard to do.

I just feel that I should be sseing something at this point...even a faint line...something...

UGH, discouraged. Beta is Friday so I have 4 more days and still hoping for a BFP!
Momtoone, you are still in the game, it's a bit early for a bfp still.  Last year I had a bfn 10dpo and on the evening of 11dpo I had the faintest line and I was preggers.  

I am in my 2WW.  I've done 3 IUIs, 2 IVFs and am doing an egg donor cycle now.  I had my 5dt today.  We put in 2 good looking embies and had a third one to freeze.  There are 7 more they are monitoring but I won't know till tomorrow or Wednesday if they made it to blastocyst to freeze.

I've had one ectopic pregnancy, 1 chemical and one miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat last year. I've been at this for over 6  years.  I am so ready for this to finally work!!!  

I am having a touch of cramping but I figure that might be from the actual procedure or from the progesterone.

I am going to POAS at 10 dpo or 11 dpo which will be this Sunday or Monday.
Thanks for the up lift! Did you get the BFP 11dpo or 11dp transfer? Also did you do a 3 day or 5 day transfer when you got your BFP?  I'm 10dp5dt
I been cramping today I wonder if that's normal. And gassy.. I know tmi... Good luck to all I'm 3 days since transfer
Em, are you on progesterone?  Cramps are a side effect of it, I had them last night.  

I got my bfp 11 days past ovulation or 11 days past retrieval.  I tested first to make sure that the hcg trigger shot was out of my system and got a negative hpt test prior to 10 dpo, then I tested on 10 days past retrieval and got the neg.  Some embies are slow to implant (and still make healthy babies) so you are still in the game!  Usual time for implant is from 6-10 days past ovulation.  

This 2 WW feels like it's going to take forever.  As usual I thought I'd have a gut feeling once they put the embies in me of whether it would work or not and I don't.  I just don't know.  
Mustang yes I am on progesterone. Today they made me very sleepy and now
Lightly crampy

When do u test with the doctor? And two embies on three or five day transfer?
Progesterone makes me sleepy and crampy too.   I don't test with the RE until Thursday a week!!!!  I had a 5 day transfer yesterday at lunchtime.  

When was your transfer?  Was it 3 day or 5 day?  It sounds like your beta test will be this Saturday, is that correct?

We are leaving to go to the beach this Saturday for a week.  I am getting my beta blood draw from a lab when we are on vacation.
I'm in the same boat. This is my 2nd IVF, first bfn after transferring 3 poor quality embryos on day 3. This time we had a beautiful blast so keeping my hopes up. I test 6/17, just in time for fathers day. Hoping it is a good one!
Okay great so I'm not alone.
Wow you had the transfer yesterday how
Do u feel today?

My transfer was Saturday and my beta is for this Saturday. I did a five day transfer of three embryos.

I wonder how long it takes to get a positive result.
Keep me posted on you. Is this your first ivf?

Trusting77 I hope the beet for u stay positive
Trusting, I test 6/16, just in time for Fathers Day too!!!  What are you doing to keep busy?  I must admit, I am obsessing.  Work is super slow for me this week and even our upcoming vacation is not distracting me...  I hope being at the beach will help the days go by faster.... but first I have to get through this week.  Then all day Saturday will be spent riding in the car. I will have my laptop though and be online when I'm at the beach.  That is great about a good quality embryo, sending goodvibes your way.

Emsecret, how long are you on bed rest?  I was instructed to just take it easy, no bed rest.  I am thankful that I am working from home this week and that my boss is overseas.
Today 11dp5dt and still cramping but seems to have lighted up a little since yesterday. I'm still holding on to hopes of late implantation due to my BFN 10dp5dt. We transferred 2 beautiful blasts (both Boys according to the PGD testing) and if theyre anything like my DH, they're just taking their sweet time and not in a rush :-)  Trying to stay positive here :-)

wishing everyone peaceful thoughts and positive vibes!
Mustang
I am on bed rest for eight days. Not sure why so long. I as well had excellent embryos transferred already hatching.
Good you Can stay occupied on the labtop I'll be here ;0)!

Momtoone stay positive sending baby dust to u!
Hi Ladies, I had my first scan today and it's TWINS....My God! I can't believe it....still hasn't sunk in. One nice and strong heartbeat, but doc had trouble as the other one was kinda hiding. Going back in two weeks for a second scan to make sure we see two heartbeats...
I'm sooo happy.  I wish everyone the very best...lots of sticky vibes to all xo
Hi tomorrow i will go for my scan to see the heartbeat for the first time i pray all will be well i had a 5 day blast transfer on 9th may  so i should be 7 weeks today av been ttc for 5 years and am really hoping this is my year have you noticed in may and june postings we have so many BFP unlike FEB ladies we know how it feels ttc and to have your hopes dashed lets commit each other in prayers as we all know the pain despair the tears of BFN we have felt it first hand i am praying that this is our year of victory
Baby dust to you all
OMGoodness!!!!! Congratualtions! that'a such exciting news! Praying both of those heartbeats are strong!

I had 1 remaining test so I POAS this morning. BFN again...UGH! It was clear Blue Easy which I have read isn't very sensitive.  Today is 12dp5dt so no more testing until Beta Friday am.  I woke up at 3am vomiting so of course my DH thinks that's a sign...even with the negative test. Praying he's right :-)

congratulations twins wow

just wondered what you had transfer 5 day or 3 day and how many embryo's did they put back.

xx
Congratulations on the TWINS!!!  I am so excited for you.  

Delilah, Keep us posted on how your 7 week visit with heartbeat goes!  I know how hard this is as I've been TTC'ing for over 6 years now!  I am so excited to see you are there!
buba! Awesome!! Congrats!! I know what you mean- I haven't really allowed myself to get too excited since my bfp either... Gotta see it to believe it - first positive in over 2 yrs so seems sureal...my u/s is on 6/16 - Also in time for fathers day!! ;d it is funny how each 2ww leads to another 2ww.... Praying , praying, praying .... At least were all playing the same waiting game .  It is so nice that you ladies are out there!  Hope, smiles and lots of sticky vibes and baby dust to us all!!!
RE office called and we have 3 frozen embies.  That makes me think that one of these little beans if viable, hoping the two in me are the viable.  I'm pretty excited but trying not to be.  How can it only be Wednesday?  lol
Congrats to the ladies with excellent news. Yay!!!! U must be elated.
Good luck to the other ladies I'm on 4dpt and still hoping my triplets stick... Cant wait to be a mom for the first time.
I with Emsecret congrats to those of you that have good news, stay positive and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months to follow!!

Ladies-I had my Egg retrieval this morning. Im doing well. i thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was. I arrived at 540am to the clinic which was locked until 6am (our appointment time) those 20 minutes were so slow. After we went in and paid the balance of what was left, they took DH to give his sample and then took me back to the surgery suite. it was quick and after an hour of recovery I was out and on my way home by 820 this morning. They got 8 eggs. Im nervous but hopeful thats enough for us. The ideal situation would be to have 2 transferred and 2 frozen but who knows what god has in store for us and our embryos. Im already excited to hear how many fertilized. THey will call me tomorrow to let me know. I thought I was going to be in a lot more pain. Im definitely uncomfortable but its more of a bloating and uncomfortable pain, not a terrible ripping cramping pain. I hope we make it to a 5 day transfer!!

Here's to Hoping!!Love and Babydust!
MJinWaiting, the hard part is over for you, yay!  Make sure to watch for any signs of over stimulation, but I'm sure your RE told you that already.  The transfer is a piece of cake.  I am praying for you to have a great number fertilize!  
Mjinwaiting retrieval was painful for me. I was sore for a few days. I'm glad it went well
For you. I hope for good news tomorrow and your embryos make it to a 5d blast. Is this your first ivf?
Thank you all so much for your well wishes....all the best to you too...

babybump36, I did a 3dt and they put in two nice looking 8-cell embryos...

Yes this is my first IVF, so im just blind along the way except for the guidance on here and what ive read. I just got the call from the RE and out of the 8 eggs, 7 were mature and out of the 7, 5 fertilized naturally!! so well find out saturday if its a 3 day or a 5 day transfer. Im so excited!!!  Im sorry your retrieval was painful. I was really expecting it to be bad but i am just really bloated and i was uncomfortable yesterday and still a lilttl today. I start my Progesterone in Oil shots tonight which im nervous about lol

Here's to Hoping! babydust and Love to all!!
MJinWaiting, yay!  I am so glad to hear that you had 5 fertilize!!!  :D
Those shots omg my cheeks are sore lol. Everyday I switch a cheek to allow the other one a day To heal. Lol
I'm taking progesterone orally and by shot. Everyone is different, today I am extremely tired. Keep me posted on yours effects. I hope all goes well, so far excellent news. Yay!!!
BFN for us today :-(

Sorry to hear your news don't give up hope. Wishing you all the best and baby dust on your next try.

I went to the doctor all looks pretty good but I'm still a wreck because I continously cramp.
Momtoone, I am so sorry.  {{{hugs}}}}

I got a bfn today too, 11dpo.  :(
I am still holding out hope.  I really want a pos today because it's my hubbies bday.
All,
Thanks for the positive thoughts! we had a 5 day transfer yesterday and the transfer went really well but the 2 embryos werent of best quality so the dr was a little dissappointed. None of the other 3 made it to freeze so were just praying that these babies stick for the next 9 months!!

Momtoone-so sorry for your BFN, was it POAS or beta? What are your plans next?

Mustang-Im also sorry for your BFN but you still have a few days until your beta. How are you feeling?

Here's to Hoping!! Babydust and love to all!!
Babydust to all....

I got my BFP at 13dpo.  I only used digital tests (5 day sooner ones), was told that these take longer to show a BFP, is this true?
Viewing 201-235 comments: