Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anyone starting 1st cycle of IVF in May

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Anyone starting 1st cycle of IVF in May

I will be starting my first cycle of IVF in May. Any tips to keep in mind to help me achieve success?  Is there anybody else starting this process next month??
HI I AM ALSO STARTING MY FIRST CYCLE IN MAY. I AM VERY NERVOUS ABOUT EVERY ASPECT. I WILL START MY BIRTH CONTROL PILLS ON THE 18TH. I WISH YOU WELL AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN KEEP IN TOUCH AND SHARE THE JOURNEY. GOD BLESS YOU AND MUCH BABY DUST TO YOU.
I am just finishing up my first cycle now. My retrieval will be in 2 days (Thursday) and transfer will be either Sunday or Tuesday according to my RE. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out. I've been doing acupuncture because I read alot of positive things about it. I've been doing it for the past 2 weeks.
I hope you get your BFP next month!!!!! Good luck =)
I'll be starting in May also.  Scary and exciting, all at the same time!!  I'll friend you guys so we can all keep in touch with each other. :-D
had my egg retreival yesterday. RE said there were 15 at first. Called today, said there were 14, 13 really good ones. They used the 13 and all of them fertilized!! Said they all look good and he will call tomorrow with another update. I don't know if it played a role but i did acupuncture as well. I'm going tomorrow for another session before transfer day.
Good luck to you all!!! Im crossing my fingers for all of us!
Great report JennViv!  Keep us posted. :-D
JennViv: Nice Job on those eggies!!!! Cant wait to hear about your BFP. As for me went to RE this morning day 2 starting some kind of pill 2x a day and also starting Lupron on Sunday, next app on May 4th I think I will be starting stimms then.

JenViv: I am also doing Acu 2x a week very expensive but I hope it does the trick, I hope we get our BFP! Are you taking baby aspirin? my RE told me no to take it.
i did my transfer 2 days ago,15th april,i also did acupuncture,even on the day of transfer.my acupuncturist came with me at RE's clinic they arange room 4 us so i did b4 & after acupuncture right there,it was very relaxing.& now iam 2ww,& its killing me looking 4 symptoms but nothing yet,i know its too early 4 symptom but still u know.i had FET day 5 blastocyst.goodluck to everyone.
Agini: crossing my finger and toes for ya! Good Luck!
thank u so much
Just a quick note to say hi! thanks for the post i will start my birth control pills this thursday for about two weeks then on to the lupron! did u do the birth control pills? i see you have started your lupron now its time to take it easy and relax and absolutely no stress!! much baby dust to you my friends!! u are in my prayers!
i am also starting my ivf process in may.  birth control for a few weeks and then lots of shots!!  Nervous already that it wont work so i see acupuncture in my future!  :)  Good luck to all...lets keep in touch!
Tiki: Thanks so much for thinking about me, I didnt do birth control pills, the pills I am taking is to suppress your ovaries, good luck to you and I will keep you in my prayers. I am also doing acupuncture and ofcoarse nervous about the entire process.

Melchar: Good Luck to you too!
Hi Everyone-- just wanted to wish you all lots of luck & an easy cycle! If you end up having a lot of follies developing (15-20-40) make sure you ask about increasing your sodium and protein consumption to minimize OHSS-- this made a big difference for me.  I'll also assure you that I barely needed a single tylenol after the retrieval (I had 39 eggs and they didn't retrieve some of the smaller ones)-- there was really very little discomfort right afterward (and the drugs were so good I don't remember the procedure!)

Also, my RE is a big supporter of acupuncture and said there are a lot of studies that support its efficacy. You can find one who specializes in fertility treatments if you google Randine Lewis and click "local clinics."

We froze all our embryos (due to the OHSS) and are doing the first FET on Monday!  It's way easier than the IVF cycle... but hopefully you all won't need to worry about that!

Give a shout if I can help.

Yogachick: So sorry to hear about your OHSS, the good news is you got alot of Eggies!!!
Good luck on your transfer. How long have you been trying and whats your DX? I am unexplained.
Yeah, I think the OHSS was worse than the retrieval... actually I'm certain it was.  We've been TTC for just over 3yrs.  Had a m/c with my first IUI, two others didn't work and when we switched to injectables, I over responded and had to convert to IVF.  We've been with the RE for a year but has only actually done 4 cycles-- we lost time with the m/c and the OHSS.  DX is mild PCOS and DH has good numbers but low volume.  

How is everyone doing?  I'm getting a little nervous about the transfer on Monday-- I'm worried they will have to use those clamp things to open my cervix and I found that excruciating during the HSG.  RE says not to worry, it's no different than the IUI but I've got to worry about something!
hey!! I am too starting in may but the nurse told me to come on the 2nd day of your cycle . Said nothing about birth control pills and lupron!! I've been inquiring about it alot but still very confused about the process. What is the first thing you do about you start ivf procedure and what is next?? It's my first time and very scared!! please advice!!!
Yogachick: Dont worry I am sure you will get by, I want kids so bad I am willing to endure anything, wishing you all the best for Monday, this is my first IVF so I dont have a clue about the transfer, its probably just like a pap, again no clue but good luck! I think youve been thru the worst by getting OHSS so dont you worry.

I too was so curious about starting IVF, they told me to go in on day2 and thats it, on day two I stared a pill 2x a day and 10units of lupron every evening, I have been on it for a week now next appointment is May 4th, thats when I will go in for details on starting stimms and so one, they have be step by step rather than confusing the hell og of me I kind of like it that way.
thanks!! i was just scared and didn't know what to expect and what to prepare???? do i have to on a particular diet or anything out of the ordinary lifestyle?? ok no alcohol, no smoking what else??? i'm being read alot but still confused with 3 day and 5days blasto transfer!! what's the difference and y do it?? aahhhhhh very confused and scared!! and all the decision is on me!!! want a boy too!! got a girl already... 3 years old.
I'm on the same schedule as some of you.  I've been taking Lupron for a couple days now (after a month of BCP) and I go in on May 1st to do a baseline ultrasound and bloodwork, and then I should start stims on May 3rd. So excited.

Baby dust to all of us. :-D
I am new to this as well all i know is that my next appt will be May 4th to start stimms. If you really need more details you should call and talk to a nurse and get all the details, you cal also google for the details.

Atia, I have been on Lupron for a week now too, my next app is on May 4th to start stimm i guess.
Hello ladies,
  I  am on day 7 of stimms hopefully retriving on May 4th or 5th. Best of luck to all of you and stay positive!!
I start my first IVF in May. Most likely starting iwth BC pills on May 15, so any suggetsions or tips will be very helpful
Hello.I started my injections at the begining of May so I think I am a bit ahead of most of you. I'm new to this so I don't know all the lingo so bear with me. I have been taking the recommeded prenatals now for some time bc we tried an IUI, but Dr felt IVF w/ICSI would be more successful. The 2ww was worse than the injections, retrieval, all of it really. At my retrieval they took out 22eggs and 16 were of quality to fertilize.I had about 12 continue to day 5 that looked really good. I opted to transfer only 1 because I was concerned about having twins and starting off a pregnancy high risk. Thankfully the were able to freeze 3emb after the transfer.  I had BFP, and a follow up was positive (yesterday), but now I have increased spotting so I am freaking out! My nurse wanted me to take it easy this weekend and then come in Monday to see if my levels are still going up. Trying to stay positive,and calm but not sure what my chances are of having a continued pregnancy.  
Opps! ok I started in April.
Trigger shot sat. night, set for retrivial mon. morning. Good luck ladies. LOTS OF BABY DUST TO ALL