Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anyone success with first IVF????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Anyone success with first IVF????

My DH is sitting with me wondering if anyone has had success with IVF on the first try.  It would be nice to hear some BFP stories!!! I need the moral booster right now.  I am feeling stressed and nervous with all that the IVF entails!  
I went thru IVF and was not successful the 1st time but wanted to tell you that everyone is different and responds differently. We are getting ready to start it again in August.  The IVF process IS VERY overwhelming and can seem real scary but if you set your mind to the baby you will have then you will be surprised at what all you can accomplish!  My biggest fear was having to give myself shots in the stomach (shots period!) but it really did not hurt at all.  The entire process was not physically painful to me in anyway.  Just emotionally painful when the results are what you imagined.. I would love to hear BFP stories at well so I will check back and if you have any questions or fears, you found the right forum to get answers!  Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!!!
I did have success on my first IVF try.  I am now pregnant with twins.  Jaggie is right and everyone does respond differently, but it is definitely possible to have it happen on the first try.  Good luck to you!
Forgive my intrusion, but I was NOT successful on my first IVF.  I even had my RE tell me that of all the people cycling, she had her money on me... I was under 30 yrs old, had two "perfect" embryos, etc.  I was not successful until my fourth IVF.  So, why am I posting to you?  B/c I want to say that you have great odds that the first IVF will work, but if it does not, don't give up.  My firstborn child resulted from our FOURTH IVF.  And our Fifth IVF resulted in our daughter (started as twins, but one didn't make it past 10 weeks).  

Good luck to you... but if for some unfortunate reason the first or second time deoesn't work... that doesn't mean it won't! :)

P.S. the Sher institute was what worked for us.  
Hey,I had my first cycle of IVF in May and now 6 weeks pregnant with twins. Like the earlier posts everyone responds differently so be positive. Good luck!!
I was successful with my first IVF treatment and have a wonderful 4 year old boy.  We froze the remaining embryos and decided to do a frozen transfer and I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with our second son.  So it does happen and good luck!
I am about to try IVF #2 ... it was NICE hearing positive stories!!!
Hi everyone,

im currently doing ivf 1s time. my questions is. does the determining factor if it will work on the 1st try depend on if it is the man or women who is having the infertility issues or it doesnt matter? im really hopeful ours will work on the 1st try we are doing ivf with icsi. does this also increase our chance of success the 1st time. any help would be greatly appreciated!! good luck to everybody!!:)
this is my first try for ivf, have a 9 year old which is not my husbands real child but we have to use sperm donor, had icsi three years ago, worked on the third try but miscarried at 2 1/2 months. quite a bad one. life can be cruel. we cant afford any more than two tries, so lets hope it works
Hello all,
Do anyone know the chances that IVF/ICSi will result with pregnancy if the count is very low (7 million)? Am thinking if I don't get pregnant by next summer. I may go for ICSI.

I am 34 yrs and I have no problems (already made chk-ups)

Thanks,
Nino
IVF successful 1st time around is not common, but not impossible. Took me until my 3rd attempt to be successful. The IP's I'm working with were successful their 1st time with their previous GC: with twins! So, guess it just depends on the person, the meds, activilty level, and luck!
I am starting my first IVF in May. I hope it works; I really really pray god to make it work; i am also prepared for alternatives though.