Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anyone told uterine lining too thick?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Anyone told uterine lining too thick?

Hi there, went to a different RE last week for a consult. They did a sonogram and the Doc told me that my lining is very thick -- too thick.  I was 3 days away from AF and 12 days past IUI, so I hoped that the lining was thickening due to pregnancy. Anyway, my current RE has mentioned my lining is thick also... in fact during my first meeting with her she also did a sonogram and said my lining was thick and maybe I was pregnant, but not to get my hopes up.  Anyway, current RE does not address this potential issue.  And the RE I went to for a consult wants to treat me and says he will watch my lining and that he thinks this could be the problem.  Anyone else told lining too thick?   How do they treat that?  Thanks!
I've had lining that was too thin but not too thick.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
My RE always tells me that my lining is think, but never said it was too thick.  
Does your RE give you an actual thickness?  This month on CD 15 (before O) mine was 12mm.  But they still put me on progesterone after IUI
too thick? isnt thick a good thing?
I thought the thicker the better....
apparently too thick can interfere with implantation.  Taken from Advancedfertility.com  "In general, 8-13 mm is good, less than 6 is potentially a problem, and greater than 15 or so could possibly reduce chances for a successful pregnancy."  I never got a measurement told to me verbally from either Doctor.  I am going to call the secretary of the one who said "too thick" and have him give me the measurement.  My impression is that when I see my regular RE, she see the thickness on the sonogram, but I never see her make any measurements the way she will measure my follicles.  I'm just wondering if this could be my whole problem!  And maybe a med. can fix it?  Thanks for input  Lexima, Why do they give you progesterone?  Is that a luteal phase issue?
It might be a luteal phase thing, last month when I tested progesterone on CD21, it was 7.6.  So although it showed that I ovulated, they said it was "less than they would normally like to see".  So this month I started progesterone, and had by b/w done today.  Should be getting my results by 4pm.
My RE measures the lining the same way she measures the follicles, and every time I get u/s she give me the update.  So I think ok CD11 it was 8, by CD 15 it was 12.
It is amazing all the little issues that interfere with pregnancy.  I just got the call now from the secretary who told me that my lining on cycle day 12 was 13.9.  Doesn't sound too bad in light of what I researched which said greater than 15 is a problem.  
I was told by two RE's that my lining was too thick, although I don't have the numbers.  Today, he did a hysteroscopy and said that there was just a lot of lining that was sloughing off, but not clearing out the way it should.  He cleaned out the lining that was sloughing off and we are going to do an IVF starting on day 19 of this cycle.  Basically he will suppress my hormones so that i don't create another thick lining for the next 12 days and then we'll start the FS medications and continue the IVF protocol!  Maybe you could discuss this option with your doctor.
same here, i am 30 years old and 2 cycles cancelled as lining to think at 7.9 after esradoil to shed it didnt work going for hysteroscopy and D&C worried ++ will i ever get their. My body seemed to reject some of the fertiltiy meds i have a 12 year old daughter already and ttc 3 years