Anyone used Femara?
Hi everyone,

I just started my period last night and will be trying Femara for the first time this month. I've tried clomid once, but since I had no cervical mucus to speak of while on it, my new RE wanted to try Femara instead. I'll be going in for a baseline sonogram on Saturday, which is CD4 according to FF and CD3 according to my new RE (they do not consider my first day as day 1, since it started at night), and I will probably start Femara that same day.

For those of you who have tried Femara, what were your experiences? Did it delay O, like clomid can? Any side effects? How well did it work for you?

Thanks in advance :-)
G_S
oh forget about the delay...for me the follis go XXL on CD12 itself :)
Side effects that I have are headaches.
My body seems to be responding better with it...but i get only 1 mature folli each cycle and am yet to see a positive...this is my 4th cycle ongoing
Hello!   Yes this is my second cycle on femara, and really liked it (never done clomid though)      but I produced one big follie on cd 12 last month and 2 on the good side (and a smaller one on the bad side) this time!!   I don't normally have CM problems, however while on femara both times I have lots of EWCM more than usual so thats a good thing! also it doesnt' thin the lining like clomid does! : )    I normally O on day 17-19 and with feamra it happens almost a week early!     Only side effects were a little fatigue and a little nausea, both worst the first cycle than the second!    I did cd4-8 this cycle (due to when af came) and last cycle cd3-7, both times i was ready to be triggered on cd12!!! good luck! keep us updated! : )   Hopefully we can all get BFP femara babies!
Hiya...this is my first cycle  on Femara. I did clomid last cycle and ended up with 2 big cysts(shown in the CD3 scan of this cycle ). With Femara I had a lot of fatigue.. but nothing that I can't handle. I found it better than clomid and am going for CD12 scan tomorrow. Will let u know how it goes!!! :) good luck.
Hi Heather!

I did my 1st round last cycle. Just about to start #2. Waiting for af, then start again on cd2.  I did 5 rounds of Clomid and o'd early every time. I did the opposite with Femarra. I didn't o until cd30. But, so far I have not had any s/e. And NO signs of cysts, thank heavens. Clomid gave me the cyst from h@ll. Looks like there's a few of us on round 2. Hopefully, we'll all get good news soon :)
Thanks, everyone! I'm actually really looking forward to trying something new this month!

G_S: That's right...I remember your large follicles! I guess I just didn't realize you were on Femara.

Kash: Best of luck at your scan tomorrow! Keep us posted!

Tina: That's great news about Femera not giving you any side effects or cysts.

bny: I agree!!! I hope we can all celebrate Femara BFPs soon :-) Oh, and it's good to hear about the EWCM...because I had NONE the month I tried clomid.

Thanks again to all of you for the info! I'll keep you guys posted!
Hi!  I used femara for 2 cycles, after trying clomid for around a year (way too long).  I did IUI on my second femara cycle, and it worked!  I am now 27 weeks pregnant.  I didn't really have any side effects from the femara, and I only had one mature follicle.  I also used a trigger shot.  I hope it works for you!!
Oh, that's great news! Thanks for sharing your success story! Hopefully Femara will work for the rest of us too :-)

Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!