Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
BBT Charts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

BBT Charts

Ok ladies, I have a question....Just how are your temps suppose to look around O time??? I am still new to chating and I have been peeking at sme of my friends charts and I am lost!! Do your tems go up or down before and what are they to do after?? Somebody help me .....Pwease!! (As my son would say)!! :)  I guess I just kinda want to know what to expect! Thanks a bunch!!
Hey girl! Ok, before ovulation, your temps are low. When you get your temp rise, that means you ovulated the day before. Like usually my temps are 97.9 or so when af starts, then the closer i get to ovulation, the more my temps drop. ( usually down to 97.2) Then, i'll get a huge temp peak, ( from 97.2 to 98.1) and they'll stay up until af shows. I love charting my temps, b/c if af is going to show, your temps will drop a day or two before it comes, so it kind of gives you a heads up, ya know? I hope this helped, and i didn't confuse you anymore! If you want, take a peak at my ovulation tracker, and hopefully you can see what i'm talking about! Message me if you have any ?'s, i've become quite the bbt expert! :) Good luck sweetie!!!!
luvkayln, hit it right in the nose.  Your temps go up after you ovulate.  The most fertile time is the few days before your temp rises.  The bad thing is, your temps show you when you ovulate which means once your temp goes up it is to late to get pregnant.  I don't know what all your doing to track your O but, to help determine when it is coming, you can monitor your cervical mucas as well.  Usually before you ovulate you pass a lot of mucas.  When you start noticing an egg white looking mucas that is "usually" the best time to start trying.  I usually wait until I see mucas and then I take an OPK test.  The tests usually notify you that you will be ovulating within the next 24 hours or so.  Good Luck!
You guys are GREAT!! I have been tracking my CM as well, still kinda like lotion now, sorry if TMI! But, here is my thing....back in January when I was on Clomid, I was having nice EW CM and was doing the OPK's and they were saying a +, but, come to find out I NEVER Oed!! So, now on round 2 of Femara I guess I am expecting a bad turn out again. I know I shouldnt but...darn it its hard!! I cant really depend on the OPK's anymore. (((hug))) to you guys! :)
I peeked at your chart and it looks like you are doing just fine.  My temp usually stays up the 1st few days of AF like yours did and then it starts going down.  Once I O, it goes back up to around 98.  I think the other 2 ladies have given you great advice!  I just wanted to add that when I was on both Clomid and Femara, it made my temps a little higher around the days I took the pills and I remember reading somewhere that slightly elevated temps on those days are common.  Good luck and don't you dare give up hope!  If your body didn't do well with Clomid, then it could definitely respond much better to Femara.