Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
BBT Spike, Normal??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

BBT Spike, Normal??

I am 5 DPO today. From 1DPO-4DPO my temps have been very very stable (97.91-97.94). Then all of the sudden this AM it jumped up to 98.32....  is this big of a spike normal after O?
Good temps!  I'd say wait and see tomorrow if it stays up like that because then it would probably be triphasic!!  

Good luck!!
While I have been TTC for many many months, this is my first month of charting. I have no idea what Triphasic means..... your post seemed to indicate that it was a good thing?  Would you mind elaborating?

Thanks!!!  I am getting more anxious by the moment, I ahve some confidence that this is my month!!
I get a spike or drop here and there about once or twice a cycle. Little things can drastically affect your temps. Drinking, getting woke up in night, allergies, etc. Usually they correct themselves the next day unless illness is involved.

Also, as Patty said, another possibility is a tri-phasic pattern. After o, temps climb. Sometimes, not always, after implantation another climb in temps occurs. The 3rd pattern is what they call tri-phasic.

I'm pulling for tri-phasic and not just an isolated spike :)
Lets just pretend for a moment that its Triphasic : )

By impression then is that lil peanut (the baby) would have already implanted, right?

I know that most women implant on day 8 and I am only day 5 today.....  does that sound like a slim chance in h#** that it is triphasic....

I ask only because I am noticeing some mild breast tenderness/heaviness today  ( it is probably all in my over imaginative head). I spend the first two weeks of my cycle telling women like me in this forum that it may be pregnancy but all you can do is wait and test blah blah blah,  but it is different when it is yourself, LOL!!!

So, if it is triphasic does that mean little guy had to have implanted already?

Thank you so much for your help, this learning to chart thing is overwhelming at times.  Thanks ladies!!!!
Yes, implant has to have occured to go tri-phasic. 5dpo is rare, but can happen. Is there any possibility that you o'd earlier? Did temps start going up the day b4 you counted as o?
Tina covered all the bases of triphasic and sometimes wacky temps here and there.  But if I were you I'd wait to see what your temp does tomorrow before saying it's triphasic.  Then I think you have about 2 days from the first temp rise before HCG shows up in your urine.  And I was going to suggest the same thing Tina said about you possibly O'ing early if you end up with a BFP.  

Let's hope they stay up and you get a BFP!!