Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
BD'd day before ovulation. Is that enough?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I ovulated on Thursday and BD'd Wed night and Tuesday night (1 day and 2 days before O). I thought this would be enough, but I'm googling and am finding many things that say day before ovulation BD'ing isn't enough. I couldn't BD on my actual ovulation day because DH was working late. Any thoughts on this?
On first round of Clomid and really wanted this to be our month. Now, I'm not too confident.
Thanks, Heather
It's actually better to BD before ovulation than at the exact time it happens, because you want the little swimmers to already be there, ready for the egg to pop :-) Sperm can live in fertile cervical mucus for up to 5 days in ideal conditions, but probably more like 2-3 days under normal conditions. So I think you have a very good shot this month! Best of luck!
Dont hurt your head googling, every woman is different. My last pregnancy i bd day after i ovulated, just that one day, and got preggo. It all depends on your body. Good luck hope you get a BFP
Oh, i just wanted to add, 2 cycles ago i started bd 5 days b4 ovulation up until 3 days after ovulation, cycle b4 that i started bd day b4 ovulation and did every other day, and still BFN, just wanted to stress that all methods vary depending on your body.
I'd say you definitely have a shot.  As Heather said, its actually better to BD the day before.  I just got my BFP today (yay!) and we BD'ed two days before O, one day before O, and day of O, but not after and like I said, BFP!  I think it was actually the day before one that did the job, but then again what do I know :)
congrats meeshy9!
i felt optimistic until i started googling. i should just stop googling things and relax. the internet can be a blessing and a curse during the tww especially.
im only 4 dpo and going absolutely insane.