Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
BEEN TTC SINCE 20 APRIL 2009! HELP PLEASE!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Me and my partner have a 18 month old son and we are now trying for baby #2. We've been trying since April last year, i was on the depo shot i've only had one shot. I had it in January last year when my son was a month old but when it came to redoing it in April i didn't want to because we wanted our children to be close in age and knew it would take time.

I will be 18 soon and was wondering would the dr to tests to see if there's anything wrong with my ovaries and tubes? I've seen it happening to someone before, they have a child but can't have another because of sperm or ovaries so it worries me even more and i don't know if the dr will do tests because of my age. We don't use condoms haven't done since we decided we would start trying for another baby.

Also my periods used to be regular, started same date every month and my cycle was 28 days. In January i didn't have a period then in February i had a 3 day period which was more 3 times more painful than usual, i couldn't walk straight. I had a normal period in March and April last month i was 3 weeks late before having a period. My cycles are now 31 days when regular but when irregular it can be 52 days. Is there any pills i can take that will help us?

Some people might not agree with us trying for another baby now because of our age but we have our own place we've got enough money after bills and food. We wouldn't be trying for another baby if we couldn't afford it so those who disapprove keep your comments to yourself please.

you've been trying for about a year now.  However the dpo shot can take a long time to get out of your system, I've heard even up to one year or longer.

Are your cycles regular now?  Have you tried basal temperature charting?  This can tell you if you are ovulating?  Please check this out.  

Given your age and the fact that you've already had 1 successful pregnancy I would think that your ovaries and tubes are probably ok.   I would give it another 6 - 12 months of trying (and enjoy the trying).  To help, make sure you are having a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and veges and limit the processed foods.  Also make sure your weight is optimal/ ideal.  ON hubby's side, make sure he doesn't do anything to slow down his swimmers.  He needs to avoid things like working with a laptop on his lap and also stick to a healthy diet.

Best wishes
After my depo wore off i went to see the dr and they said that it was all normal and should happen within 6-12 months (the usual time). They're not regular so i've bought ovulation tests and i'm going to use one everyday to see if i'm ovulating when i think or if i'm early or late. So i'll make a decision i think about seeing a dr after i've seen whether i'm ovulating or not. I've been of my period now for 9 days. I haven't tried basal temperature charting, i was thinking of buying one next month after trying ovulation tests.

He's never got a laptop on his lap it's always on a table it's more me with a laptop on my lap. He does smoke but that didn't do anything the first time as i smoked too but stopped when i found out i was pregnant and haven't had one since. He's 18 in 3 weeks so he said he'll stop then.
iam on depo to it should happend soon my freind got prgt on shot
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers