Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
BFN 2 days before AF due...still any chance for a BFP??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am on a 26-27 day cycle and and am due for AF this friday(2days away) and i took a First Response today and got a BFN...that was my 4th BFN already (i think i'm a POAS addict hehe). So what i'd like to know, has anyone gotten a BFP after receiving a BFN 2 days before AF is due(which is cd 25 for me)?
Certainly people have.  Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the amount of the pregnancy hormone HCG in your urine.  It is not usually detectable until 10 days post ovulation, although this can vary.  Your body starts of with small amounts that may not be enough to register a positive.  All tests are not equal, either.  Some are more sensitive than others.  Test again in a couple of days if you haven't gotten your period.  If you are pregnant, for goodness sakes give it enough time to get some HCG in your system.  There is no advantage in testing very very early.  You'll just make yourself crazy.  

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Due Friday,  BFN this morning.  Good luck!!!
Before my m/c I took a pg test two days before af & neg.Two days after took the outher test & positive so maybe its still to early.Nanis
I definitely think it's too early.  I always only get a BFP when I MISS my period.  Even with first response early detection.  Maybe you guys are the same way.  Good luck!  My AF is due Fri too...I'll be crossing my fingers for us all!
Have you guys been to twoweekwait.com?  I love looking at everyone's symptoms.  I'm on CD 29, probably 13dpo and I love reading what everyone experienced at 13dpo.  It's addictive!
well thanks a lot for the comments!!...i haven't given up all hope...although i'm not sure how much i have left...i just think that cause i want to be pregnant so bad, that i'm not gonna be...but at least i only have one day left to wait after this excrutiating 2WW! AF is due tomorrow!
i took one on a sunday afternoon (day 30) and it was negative.  still not feeling right on monday (day 31) took at test in am with fmu and it was bfp.  i usually have a 30-31 day cycle.  it aint over till af shows!!!!
I got plenty of BFNs before my BFP. My advice is to go to the dollar store and buy a bunch. Then you can go HPT crazy (b/c they're only $1 each) and not feel guilty, plus they're pretty darn accurate! Not quite as convenient, but they do the trick, then confirm that BFP with a digital or something unmistakable. GOOD LUCK!!!

-cp
I just did the same thing...tested w/ BFN early this am, 2 days/before AF. Hard not to be totally discouraged. Having had 2 m/c one in 2nd trimester w/ twins and other almost one year later (this past April) and TTC for about 2 years I am so incredibly anxious and worried. So hard to be patient and hopeful. I know this time we DTD at least once/day around week of O. Although hard to know/when O is.my cycle is different since last m/c. Will just wait and hope for a BFP day of or after AF.