Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Baby aspirin and Progestrone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Baby aspirin and Progestrone

I am 30 years old and have been TTC since 20months with one miscarriage at 7 weeks.After that have been on 6 cycles on clomid and No pregnancy. Last month had HSG and Endo Biopsy and its found that i  have Luteal insufficiency with difference of 4-5 days from the BIopsy

As treatment my doc put me on clomid and progesterone for 3 cycles.

My Question is,I want to start Baby Aspirin along with progesterone as i heard that Baby aspirin helps in better implantation and good with previous history of miscarriage .. so I  want to start taking it from this month. Can baby aspirin be taken as i have luteal insufficiency? will it be helpful or harmful?

I am taking a baby aspirin with my progesterone my re nurse said it was fine as long as 81mg or less.  I take mine because I have a family history of blood clots and all the meds list that as a side effect.  Check with your dr but I am sure it is fine.
Thank you for the reply... I spoke to my doc and she doesnt know anything abt baby aspirin helping in ttc........more over she is a gyno not an RE so i guess she is not so much aware of infertility issues... my friend with a smiliar problem who sees an RE was asked to take aspirin 81mg or 75mg everyday...

so i am confused.. should i take it or not ? or wait until my doc refers me to RE, Which another 4 cycles away in case of no pregnancy....
My nurse said that the baby aspirin actually helps to build up your uterine lining... (probably because of better blood flow.. or something...)
Thats why they have me start taking it on day 1 of my cycle....
I guess it doesnt hurt to take one 1 baby aspirin a day... thank you for ur response.....

I am gonna start and lets see if it does the trick for me!!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers