Baths and IUI
I take daily baths for relaxation and we just had our 4th IUI on Saturday. I finally asked the doctor about taking/avoiding baths and they said to avoid them for 3 to 4 days, but the answer wasn't entirely clear. Does anyone know about bathing and IUI. It's so hard for me not to take baths because it's the way I've relaxed for a LONG time. Any help would be great. I do know you are not supposed to take baths over 102 degrees during pregnancy...but that's all I can find.
Thanks!!
to my understanding, when you are pregnant, you shouldn't take a long hot bath.  shower will do good.  avoid hot temp.  There is many ways to relax, read a book. take a walk, go to the park and enjoy nature.  bath only relax your body for awhile, but not your mind.  

When i want to relax, i find a hobby to do and listen to soft easy music and just lay in bed and rest.

I hope you stop taking a bath so your chance to conceive higher.  

good luck to you.
Since during IUI they put the sperm through the cervix and into the uterus, i really can't see how a bath would matter one way or the other.  Maybe he is just being ultra conservative.  My RE never said anything about not bathing or swimming after IUI.  

Good luck to you.  
My OB said it is okay to take "hot" baths as long as it isn't a deep tub where you are submerged in the water.  The point is to not let your body temp get up too high.  If enough of you body is out of the water, your body can release the extra heat and not get over heated.  I'm 34wks pg and take hot baths almost everyday.  It is a standard type tub. My shoulders, legs and belly are usually sticking out of the water.  If I feel like I'm getting too warm, I sit up.  I often lay in there till the water turns cool, and then I'll drain some out and add more hot water.  

Good luck.  
My Re never said anything about not taking baths... I think if it was that important for us not to take them they would make it clear to all of us... I like taking them too and I have taken them since my last IUI, it is my way to relax too =) Hopefully I didn't ruin my chances but I didn't even think twice when I took it... I didn't think it was  big deal... I will definitely ask next time though...