Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Bed rest after IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Bed rest after IUI

Iam supposed to got on IUI this month,,,
I would like to know if i should take bedrest four days after ovulation? My nurse said that it gives immense time to implant, so she advised this,,,
I did not go on 4 days of bedrest after my iui, but if that is what they advise, then you should follow it.  I had an iui on Thursday then Friday.  I took it easy Thurs. night, but went back to work Friday morning.  After Friday's iui, I took it easy for that night.  Went back to regular activities on Saturday.  My iuis were successful, I am 10 weeks.
Well in my case I was not advised any bed rest on the days of my IUI. All I was told was to take it slow and not do any strenuous or stressful work that day. Yet I myself took bedrest on both the days of my insemination(just to make sure).....after that I was back to work..though i avoid riding a two wheeler...and drive a car these days to avoid jerks etc...( I am 8DPIUI)
does two iuis pre and post ovulation work?