Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Bedrest after transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Bedrest after transfer

I just had 4 embryos transfered earlier today.  The doctor has me on bedrest for the next 48 hours.  Can any of you share your stories and if the IVF was successful?  Thanks.
I'm doing IVF till January, but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!!
Can anyone please let me know how much besrest they got and what they did to not go crazy?????  Thanks...
Hi.  I did my first IVF in July & I also was on 48 hours strict bedrest, getting up only to use the restroom, not even taking a shower.  After that 48 hours, I still took it easy.  No heavy lifting, no exercising, etc.  Mine was a success & I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow! =)  Good luck to you & if you have any other questions, I'll try to help.
Hi there..I have had two IVF cycles.  Each time, I was on bed rest for 48 hours, only getting up to use the restroom.  After that, light activiy, no heavy lifting ect...both failed.  I am getting ready to have my third transfer this Friday or Sunday.  I am going to take 3 days for bed rest this time, although I don't think it will honestly make a difference, but I will feel better, and try not to stress out, I think I did both times before, I am going to stay positive, no stress, and relax :) Good Luck and keep us posted
I did bedrest for 48 hours though the doctor only recommended 24 hours.  I didn't do much on the third day, but I did walk a lot (which I hope doesn't impact anything). I go for my pregnancy test NEXT FRIDAY.

I am tempted, however, to get an HPT to see if I am pregnant now.

After transfer, I was told bedrest for the rest of the day until the morning after (so close to 24 hours). Then light activities for the next 2 days. We ended up watching a lot of movies!

Best of luck!!!
I was bed resting after transfer for an hour and was told to take it easy for the rest of the day.  I went to work the day after.  Now I have a perfect little girl.

Good luck!!!
Wow..thanks so much for your comments.

This is my first IVF, so I am hoping that everything works out.  I have been in bed since yesterday watching movies and on the computer.  My husband is being very helpful bringing me everything to bed.

I try to get into different positions so I dont feel numb, but it him if I lay on my stomach or cross my legs for too long of a period of time.

Tommorrow will be the last day that I will be in bed, so Saturday I should be back to light activites.

I have my pregnancy test on the 29th  
I'm so sorry to hear that, secondivf2009. I hope third time's the charm for you...
I am so sorry...Dont give up you will get your baby you just have to keep at it!  Did you get any symptoms that told u that u werent pregnant?