Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Bentalan and Pregnancy???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Bentalan and Pregnancy???

I suffer from asthma and during the allergy months, asthma is a complication...I take Zirtec...when it gets bad I take inhalers(Ventolin)...if that doesn't work then cortisone(Bentalan).....now I'm pregnant and my Doc. said I can take it but I've read that it's not good for the fetus...is there an alternative??
I also suffer from asthma.  I find magnesium works very well for me, nettle tea, and quercetin.
Magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxer (both lung and uterine muscles are muscles) . It's given to women in preterm labor in high doses.  I used to have attack every few weeks, and I haven't had one in about 5 months but, we're all different.   I avoid allergens when I can (for me dust, animals, pollen, grass); my bedding is dust free etc.  I take other anti-inflammatory supplements too including fish oil.   If it flares up, I use air purifiers.
Of course, you should check with your doctor, but if possible I would get a second opinion from someone who takes your concern seriously and is willing to research other options.
Good luck!

OOhh thanks!!...I will take these options into consideration...I need to find an alternative solution...because my asthma is always active...I have a doc. appointment later in the week...but first I have to make sure my BETA comes out positive...that will be later on today...wish me luck even a prayer would be nice...Michelle