Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Bentalan and Pregnancy???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bentalan and Pregnancy???

I suffer from asthma and during the allergy months, asthma is a complication...I take Zirtec...when it gets bad I take inhalers(Ventolin)...if that doesn't work then cortisone(Bentalan).....now I'm pregnant and my Doc. said I can take it but I've read that it's not good for the fetus...is there an alternative??
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
I also suffer from asthma.  I find magnesium works very well for me, nettle tea, and quercetin.
Magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxer (both lung and uterine muscles are muscles) . It's given to women in preterm labor in high doses.  I used to have attack every few weeks, and I haven't had one in about 5 months but, we're all different.   I avoid allergens when I can (for me dust, animals, pollen, grass); my bedding is dust free etc.  I take other anti-inflammatory supplements too including fish oil.   If it flares up, I use air purifiers.
Of course, you should check with your doctor, but if possible I would get a second opinion from someone who takes your concern seriously and is willing to research other options.
Good luck!

Blank
1829051_tn?1336194311
OOhh thanks!!...I will take these options into consideration...I need to find an alternative solution...because my asthma is always active...I have a doc. appointment later in the week...but first I have to make sure my BETA comes out positive...that will be later on today...wish me luck even a prayer would be nice...Michelle
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank