Beta HCG
Dear Friends,

I am going a little crazy with the Beta HCG results. Please help me in understanding what could be really happening.
This is my second IVF attempt. After the first attempt, Beta HCG was 21 MIU which on retest dropped to 7 MIU. This time on first test today my Beta HCG is 15.55.

I am wondering why is this happening. It neither comes below 5 nor above 25 to indicate clearly. Does it mean that I am miscarrying too early...or something else.

Pl let me know if someone has gone through the same thing or knows abt the reasons:(
If the number from the second test is higher than your first test, then you are probably not miscarrying.  Some women say that the doctor looks for the number to double on the second test no matter how low the first number was because as long as it doubles or even increases that it is a good sign.  It is not a good sign when the number decreases for the second beta.