Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Bleeding 6-8 days post 5dt then stopped?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

I think I must have read over 500 blogs and blog replys over the last couple of days. My wife and I are on our second IVF cycle. The first one we only retrieved 4 eggs and only one made it to day three. My wife ended up getting her period 8 days post day 3t.

This time however we were able to get 5 great quality blast to freeze with one implanted on September 22nd.

We are now 8dpt, my wife started spotting about a quarter size of dark brown blood on day 6 that continued through day 7 but then stopped half way through the day?

We are now at the end of day 8 with no spotting at all?

Has anyone experienced this, we are causation optimistic at this point as at this point last time she had her full period.

Good luck to all! what a roller coaster ride!
Hi there

Firstly, I would like to wish you and your wife the very best of luck :)

Personally I've never bled mid way through my wait, but I did come on before I was due to have my beta. However, I've heard of many ladies on here have some spotting midway through which was implantation spotting!

Obviously I can't say this is what your wife has experienced, but I would have thought 5 dp transfer is a little too early to have your period, so I'm going to think happy thoughts and wish you all the very best, and I hope this is a positive for you guys :)
I would agree with cheekyhalfs, this sounds very much like implantation bleeding (that's a good thing). I got this on my last IVF, which was a BFP (sadly ending in mc). I wish you and your wife lots of luck!
Thank you for your replies! I really appreciate your thoughts :)

I will keep you posted, our bata is on Thursday :)

As of last night she did start a "dime size" spotting of brown blood and she seem to have wicket cramps as she reached for the heating pad. I try to keep up on her symptoms without continuously asking :)

I'll let you know how it goes!

I had spotting day 6-8 after my 5 day transfer, it was implantation bleeding :). I know what b/g twins :). Good luck!!!!
Congratulations on your twins! what a blessing that is :)

Well, my wife started spotting again. However, still not a full bleed. Still only about a dime-loonie (for canadians :)) amount.

She was nauseous in the mourning then again in the afternoon then at night. She is now getting headaches and still cramping off and on which is really odd for her to have cramping without being atleast two days into her monthly.

After all of this IVF I think I know alittle to much about her cycles!

We have our Beta on Thursday, two days from now. This time last time she had a full bleed and all was lost. Really hoping for a better result :0

Thank you all again for your thoughts!
Thank you for reply, I've very sorry to hear about your loss. My wife is a labor and delivery nurse so I tend to hear a lot about this type of thing. Keep you head up and I wish you all the best.
Well, I don't want to get your hopes up, as I know every person is different, but I had headaches too.  Is she like me in the way that she won't take a hpt?  I wish you success!!! Sending baby dust your way!!!!