Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Bleeding after embryo transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Bleeding after embryo transfer

I had my embryo transfers (2 grade 4 eggs) 9 days ago. Yesterday I started spotting (light brown) and today it is a bit heavier and brownish/red.  I have read others post that this could be implantation bleeding, although I thought it would have been 3-5 days post transfer.  Any success stories of bleeding after transfer?  I go for an hcg test in 3 days.
i think it could still be implantation bleeding.  I didn't have this, but I've heard that it can last up to 5 days.  If it is real heavy, soaking a pad every hour, then I would call dr.  Hopefully it's just implantation and you'll get your BFP in ca couple of days!!!  Try not to worry and best of luck!!  
Thanks for the posting. It's definatley not that heavy -- keeping my fingers crossed for the BFP tomorrow.
Good luck with this final stage towards motherhood. After two miscarriages, we have our first appointment for IVF on 7/19/07. I am very nervous about this process. After researching the IVF process, it is very tedious for females.  How long did the entire process take for you? May God bless you with your journey. And remember to relax. God will give you the desires of your heart.Trust me this time around, I plan on doing just that!!!
I'm new in this forum,,, I'm in the same situation. How did it go?
Lilo
I am 42 years old, I have had two miscarriges and I have just finish my first cycle and waiting on prg test another 10 days. The doc sayed I had 7 embryos all looks good and that I should transfer all, a little confused if they look so good, why take the risk of multiple prg, but I simply agreed desparate for a child. Tell me does anyone out there my age had a similar experience? Or some advice for me.ThankYou
Good Luck to all and baby dust.......leah
I am 41 years old, Im currantly on my 6 invetro round,with 1 misscarrige.I have 3 more days till preg test and just stated bleeding. Iam verry nervis at this point . the dr. did transfer 5 embros  (2)8cell and (3)4cell.I pray every day and just want to stay home if im not in work.this really is a hard age to be at,i wish the best of luck to all out there.
I underwent IVF treatment last month (1 grade 1 egg, 1 grade 2 and 1 grade 3) thought I have a good chance of getting pregnant.  Unfortunately my period came and the blood test was negative.  I am currently experiencing nausea spells and also have a very small amout of red/orange vaginal discharge...... anyone???  I actually did a pregnancy urine test last night but it was negative .... whats going on?  
hi i am at day seven fom my embryos being put back i had 2 percfect ones put back. i went to the toilet and saw spoting of blood called te doc she said to wait a 24hrs ad call back. i am very nervous any stories of encouragement this is my first cyclexx
i had my embryo transfer last week...and yesterday i had spotting, not so heavy..and now it looks like it is heavy..its kinda like a brownish reddish color..what is going on? whats happening? am i not pregnant?
Did you call your Dr.?
Yes i did, but the nurse said it is okay and its normal...I am so scared coz its like spotting, bleeding, spotting, and then i took an early pregnancy test today, the line is kinda blurry...am i pregnant or not? coz next week is my pregnancy blood test...
what is the normal hcg levels of early pregnancy?
My Re wants to see above 50, 12dp3dt.  However, above 25 also consider pg.
hi, I had my embryo transfer on 10/11/09...after 11 days i got spotting and my breasts are no more painful and tender.....i am worrying a lot that am i preg or not...any one from this forum plz suggest that the above symptoms are -ve signs for pregnency???
I'm confused now.  I am hearing grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 embryos.  I have not heard of that.  When I went for my transfer, they said it was an 8 B.  What grade is that?
im 4days post embreo transfur had  an a gread blasisist embreo though it was frozen really nervise has anyone else had this have a 9month old baby n didnt get it with him
am in day 8 after embryo transfer..i just have back pain and some cramping...no spoting.. is that mean anything
well hi there. I had my transfer done on nov 20th and had 3 perfect eggs put in and here we are 10 days later I started having a little spotting like dark brown yesterday and lots of upper back pain that is still there this morning. Also when I woke up my spotting is still dark but its a bit heavier than just light spotting now. I know I am gonna call the doc today, especially since I don't even know when I'm supposed to go in for blood test which should be this weekend. but I am terrified that it didnt take my husband and i have been trying for 3 years now and was told that we wouldn't be able to conceive on our own naturally. help anyone that has went through this am i still good you think or should i give up hope now and wait for the next round of IVF
Im on day 6 of my embryo transfer & ive got really bad back pains & light bright red blood.
Has anyone had this & still had a positive pregnancy test
Please help & give me hope

Thanks MM
hi
i just had my transfer on sunday and today is my day 5 of my transfer....i spotted some light bleeding and i am so scared...is it normal to have this or am i going to lose this round.....plizzzzz help me
I had my ET on 12/17 my BT is tomorrow and I started spotting & cramping a couple of days ago and now today 12/26 Im bleeding bright red but There's nothing on the pad. I'm scared and worried! Any body else.......
Hi my name Eulove I'm new
Thanks ladies for all your posting I woke up this morning bleeding it is not heavy as well i am believing God that everything is fin