Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Bleeding with Lupron?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Bleeding with Lupron?

I have been taking Lupron since Jan 21st as the first step for IVF.  Tuesday I went for a baseline u/s and bloodwork.  An estrogen producing cyst was found on my right ovary and my estrogen was 276.  I am to remain on the Lupron until Sunday when we will do a second u/s and more bloodwork to see if the cyst resolves itself.  This morning I woke up feeling quite crampy and sure enough it appears that AF is here...during the first u/s the dr said my uterine lining was nice and thin...and I was under the impression that the Lupron stops AF...so how and why am I bleeding?  I have placed a call to the clinic and am waiting for a return call.  I am just curious if anyone else has had this happen or knows what could be happening.
The nurse just returned my call and they seem pretty positive about the bleeding. They appear to think that it may be the cyst resolving itself and think I have a good chance of continuing with the cycle.  I think I will doubt them until DH and I have a baby in our arms.  Sad how cynical I have become.