Blocked Fallopian Tubes
hi all,
Im in a predicament and need some advice.hope someone can help...

Iv been to see consultant for ivf on monday, and got some feedback. As i have 3 previous surgeries due to ulcerative colitos, he told me that it is likely that i had lots of scar tissue and that's probably why i have blocked fallopian tubes. He said that if i have ivf the chances of getting preg are 15%. so therefore he suggests that i have my tube blocked for good, so no liquid can come out and therefore give me a better chance at ivf ( a 1in3 chance).
If i have them blocked i can never go back and every time i want a baby ill need ivf...I really dont know what to do. Either have them blocked and have a better chance of getting preg with ivf or leaving them as they are and having a 15% chance of ivf working.But then loosing any chance of conceiving naturally (which is very slim, as both tubes are blocked).Can anyone help??
My IVF doctor does not recommend women block their tubes.  Talk to an IVF professional, the 15% number you got is odd (the numbers at most IVF clinics are at least 70-80%) and that thing about getting your tube tied is odd too.  Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist at an IVF clinic.
He said that because of the scar tissue from the previous surgeries im guessing..and apparently they have some sort of toxic liquid that can kill the embryo, therefore suggesting getting the tubes tied/removed/clipped.and that is why he is giving my particular case a 15% chance of working without doing anything to the tubes. but thanks for the advice, i will have to look into it a bit more before making any decision..
If one or both fallopian tubes are blocked, the egg cannot reach the uterus, and the sperm cannot reach the egg, preventing fertilization and pregnancy.

In some cases, laparoscopic surgery can open blocked tubes or remove scar tissue but it depends on how old you are (the younger, the better), how bad and where the blockage is, and the cause of blockage. If thick, multiple adhesions and scaring are between your tubes and ovaries, or if you have been diagnosed with hydrosalpinx then IVF is a better option.

To confirm the blockage you can get a hysteroscopy done.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have had an hysteroscopy, and from that they have told me i have both fallopian tubes blocked. my consultant thinks its because of the previous surgeries i have had that has caused scar tissue, therefore likely having toxic liquid, which makes the embryo hard to survive.he has given me the option of having the tubes clipped then going for ivf or leaving them as they are and having a lower chance of ivf working. That is where i dont know what to do.
Also regarding the surgery to open up the tubes, well he has already told me he wont be able to do that because i have had three abdominal surgeries, and there will be too much scar tissue.Im having an ultra sound scan within the next 3 months to find out more about the toxic liquid.
Hi guys,
Just quick post to let you know i received my appointment today for the ultra sound scan to confirm the toxic liquid and also a consultation straight after. Its 3 weeks today. Iv spoke to a few people and they said getting them clipped is best option. Any more advice is welcome x
Hi again, went for my scan on monday, good news..they didnt find any fluid in the scar tissue so i will be able to go ahead with IVF without getting my tubes clipped :) One small issue though, my bmi is 17 and i need to be 19, so my consultant wont be referring me until i have gained the weight :( hopefully wont be long though..