Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Blocked Fallopian tube

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Blocked Fallopian tube

I had an HSG done and it shows one fallopian tube is blocked and one is fine. I am 34 and I will be trying to have kids in the next few months. I am worried that my chances are very slim now due to age and one blocked tube. I read that if you ovulate on the side that is blocked you will never get pregnant. The Xray tech did not tell me that it was blocked, he just stated that it is not letting dye go through and he will have to do a Selective HSG to maybe see why....I am waiting for my doctor to explain the results. I read on-line that if you try to have tubal surgery it might cause damage to the other fallopian tube! Also, that you can only get pregnant every other month due to one blocked tube. I want to know by how much percentage does it increase your chances of getting pregnant if both fallopian tubes are open? I don't want to do surgery if its not worth it but I also don't want to wait 1yr to get pregnant.
Please help...not sure what to do!
my right tube is blocked and im 24 ttc for 2 yrs with 3 m/cs
i was due for my lap to fix whaterver was blocking it
but my insurance lapped the day of which sucked so im back to trying the old fashion way
im currently 13 dpo bbs hurt heavy huge (thanks hunnie) threw up yesterday and felt sick all day
but im determined to wait till tommorro when af is due
If I don't get pregnant this month, the doctor is going to do the dye test to see if my tubes are blocked.  She said that if it is blocked, they can fix it with no problem.  She didn't act like it was a big deal...maybe a outpatient surgery at most.  The important thing is that they found the problem.  Since the problem has been defined, it shouldn't be much trouble to fix it!  Good luck!
The hsg is not a perfect test, and if it were me, I would ask my doctor to perform laparoscopy to get a better look at my tubes. Maybe it's something that can be repaired, or maybe one of your tubes should be removed. Either way, it doesn't mean you won't be able to have a baby later.
I had an ectopic pregnancy last October. The baby was in my left fallopian tube. I had that tube removed. When I went for my follow-up visit with my OB/GYN, he said it doesn't really effect my chances of getting pregnant much at all(as a matter of fact, I got pregnant two cycles later). He said that some women rotate ovulating back and forth between ovaries, some women ovulate most of the time from one ovary and sometimes the other. He also said that he's had quite a few people that have one ovary and one fallopian tube-- on opposite sides, and still have gotten pregnant! The egg just ends up making its way back to the other tube. I hope this helps! Also, I'm wondering, why would having surgery on the blocked tube risk the health of the other tube? I mean, they won't even be messing with it....
I HAD A HSG DONE BACK IN 2000 THEY TOLD ME THAT MY RIGHT TUBE WAS BLOCKED.THIS YEAR IN JULY I WENT TO A SPECIALIST HE DID A LAPROSCOPY AND TOLD ME BOTH TUBES WERE NOT BLOCKED ON INSIDE THAT WHAT I HAD WAS ADHESIONS ON OUTSIDE OF BOTH TUBES THAT WERE STICKING TO MY OTHER ORGANS HE FREED IT UP DURING LAPROSCOPY ,BUT I HAVE HEARD IT COULD COME BACK WHICH HAS DONE NOTHING BUT REALLY GOT MY HOPES DOWN.
I have one tube gone, and one that is now blocked by some kinda growth (ectopic pregnancy, still being treated, but this thing keeps on growing). My tube was removed in 2000, and have had 3 pregnancies since then that I know of (2 miscarriages, and now this tubal). OBGYN at the time (2000) said I would have a 15-25% chance of conceiving. Hope this helps
Thanks for your answers! I spoke to my obgyn yersterday and she said: your left side is blocked, but the the right is open(most people ovulate more on the right side). The HSG test can say its blocked when it really is not. Also, that she does not want me to have tubal surgery to unblock the left side since it does not decrease your chances enough to get pregnant by a lot..so its not worth it. I spoke to my family dr and he said: We will not to tubal surgery if one tube is open, however you can only get pregnant every other month since ovulation alternates from one side to other. That is still NOT great news...it's going to take me 1yr to get pregnant will it takes others 6 months. I don't understand why they will not fix the blocked tube?! Should I see a fertaility specialist or just deal with the fact it's going to take me longer! By the way...I do ovulate...just did the ovulation kit.
The best advice I can tell you is to go to a specialist.I wasted years not going to one.Thats what they specialize in.  I beleive you have a great chance with that one tube {from what I have read}               GOOD LUCK KIM
How does one find out what side they most often ovualte on? I heard maybe the right side is often. For me there will be months that I can't get pregnant if one tube is blocked...I pray that I ovulate more on the right side since that is the open tube.
I am going to be 24 yrs old on Oct 1 2007.  I have a little girl who is 7 months recently had an ectopic pregnancy on my left falopian tube and this has been the worst pain and the worst emotional pain since my brothers death.  I still cant believe this is happeing to me.  Both my husband and I are only childs.  I dreamed of haveing a very big family.  After the meth shot I got released and that was it.  I dont want this thing to happen again.  So on Augt 31st I'm going to have a papsmear and have a long talk to the doc. I'm going to tell her that I want some kind of washing out or scrapeing of the tubes. (is there such a procedure? and whats it called)  I will try to concieve (conceive) ASAP when this whole nightmare is over with.
Hello, I had a IVF (2nd cicle) I was 6 weeks and 3 days. The left lower abdomen pain started at 5 weeks with a groin pain like if a had pull a muscle. On week 5 my RE did a u/s saw nothing in the uteros my Beta HCG came back 3156. So I got very suspicious of an ectopic because the researches say that a HCG of 1200 to 1500 one shoud be able to see at least a Gestational Sac , if not the pregnancy is somewhere else tht the utero, that was what happend to me. I started having severe pain, one night w/o sleep. When next morning 3 days ago. they did anther u/s and saw a mass where my left tube is. They treated me with Methotrexate, now I have no pain at all.
P.S: How long did it take for you HCG leve to went down to Zero?
Thank You.
I am 23 yrs old, never had children , but had an abortion before. A few days ago I went to go get my HSG and found out my left fallopian tube was blocked, the doctor didnt really explain much to me and the news were devastating. Another issue is that my husband found out recently that he was born with no vas deferen and the only choice we have is IVF. Keep in mind that he still has to find out if he produces sperm( which I pray he does). He will be having a procedure done where they extract the sperm from his testes. Going through all this is very hard and In a few weeks I will be seeing my fertility doctor so that she can explain the situation. My comment is that yes for many of us facing this problem their will be more time and effort needed to conceive but the end result will be a blessing, a child. I believe that people like ourselves that face these problem appreciate parenthood alot more then those who have it easy.
Good luck and keep your faith.
I am 35 yrs. old no children and TTC since 2005!  I have had 2 mc's and in December of 06 I had surgery to remove a couple of tumors inside my uterus etc....  This year I still have not had any luck.  My specialist schduled to get another HSG test (which was yesterday) and I found out that my right tube was blocked.  The past 3 months I was taking clomid with injections and IUI.  My specialist told me to continue to try this month and if I had no luck then he was going to start me on higher doses of infertility treatments.  He also said that I am a good candidate for IVF.  Does anybody know how much this cost?  I am so tired of going through all of this but I am trying to keep a positive attitude.  It is really hard to stay positive.  Any advice?  To everybody who is still TTC I hope your dreams come true someday......
Michelle C.
I am living proof that you can get pregnant with one tube.  My mom gave birth to 3 children.  She ovulated every other month (and had a period every other month).  She said the worst was waiting 2 months to find out if she was pregnant.  They didn't do Beta's back then.  Only pee sticks.  Good luck!!
I am 27 years old and had a tubal ligation back in 2002 with my second child, last January I found out I was pregnant and soon after found out it was ectopic. I 'm a little confused, does that mean I have a chance of getting pregnant and actually having a normal pregnancy?  What is the statistics for this situation, has anyone had a normal pregnancy after a tubal lig. and ectopic pregnancy?
I am 37 years old and found out that both tubes were blocked. The fertility specialist did laproscopy surgery and was only able to open my left tube. After doing one cycle of clomid I had one high FSH level. I had never had this before and its been fine since. I hear that even one high FSH number is bad news but I am still giving it my best shot. No luck on two trys of clomid with IUI so this month I am doing the injectibles. Went in today and of course the follicles are on the blocked side so no IUI this month just timed intercourse. Can the cleared tube grab an egg from the oppisite side? Is there any hope for me at all?
1 month............anyone else want to recommend any solutions/treatments.after an ectopic pregnancy. Meaning- ( scrapeing of the tubes, tubal wash? anything like that????
P.S. Sorry for what happend pink ....I'm going through postpartum depression and I know excatly how you feel. I would of been 4 months pregnant this Sept 07 and every time I see a pregnant women I feel like crying or either jeolous.
I am 34 yoa and have been trying blindly for many years to conceive. I terminated two pregnancies at nineteen while in school and now feel like my dilema is a result of those choices. I saw a new Dr. on today who expressed that both of my tubes appear to blocked and would like me to have an HSG done...the truth is; I am so worn out  with every aspect of my life right some days I pray not wake up and some days I just want so much more...I do not know what to do anymore.

Help!
I am new to this site, I am 28 yrs old and have been happily married for three, me and hubby have been trying now for two years next month, I denied the fact something may be wrong for so long until June and took the leap and had an HSG done and found my right tube is blocked. The doctor now suggests he should have a semen test done, which cost $165, its so frustrating to have to keep paying not to mention my ins wouldnt cover the HSG and that was 500. So what do we do, I am so emotionally depressed and tired of trying, it almost has become a chore just to have sex....I just keep wondering if he has a low sperm count and if he does can I still get pregnant in time, I wish there was a def answer and at least set my heart at ease knowing one day my wish would come true, I cry myself to sleep asking what i did wrong. I hope one day I will get my chance. So to all those women who are in the same boat, I truely feel your heartache and I wish the best for you.....
I had my left tube removed 10 years ago.  My right tube is open but has scar tissue at the end.  I am considering laproscopy surgery since I failed IVF twice already.  Can anybody advice me how much is the laproscopy?  My insurance does not cover. Thanks a lot.
A BABY- I hear alot of women that say they had it done and it was for the worst, leaving massive scar tissue and effected the other tube, I dont mean to alarm you, I only pray for the best, I am on a two year run and only 28 years old.....I hope the best for you keep us posted...
Hi, I just had my 2nd Ectopic pregnancy in 9 years. The first one was in my right tube in 1998. The Dr. got it out and I ended up pregnant 2 months later. I had 2 kids since then. I just had emergency surgery on the 12th of September because I was bleeding inside and  once again it was in my right tube. The Emergency room even gave me 90mg shots of this medicine that is suppose to disolve the pregnancy and flush it out, but it didn't work. My dr. removed the baby as well as my tube this time. It is very possible to have kids after an Ectopic pregnancy Now I am trying to find out if I can have any more kids with only 1 tube. Hope this helps and best wishes.
Hi I am Janet 39 and I married second time 5 years ago. Since 2 we have been trying 2 IVF since I did have my tubes tied. Last years I decided to reversal and after the surgery the doctor recoment 3 fertilisation since our insurance pay for. Unfortunately did not get pg; then the doctor decided to test my tubes and boths of then are blocked due to not correct surgery done. Now I still keeping hopes that one day I will get pg even when we are in the process of adoption. However I do have 2 daughter from my previous married and 3 grandchild. I still want to be a mother. Any hopes for me.
hi my name is nina and i had an ectopic pregnancy on the 18th september 07. i had to have my right tube removed. my doctor told me that this wont affect my chances of getting pregnant again as my nleft tube looks fine.however i am  confused because im not sure if i will ovulate from the side each month and therfore will have a chance eqch month to get pregnant. or if i will still ovulate from each side and i will only have a chance to get pregnant every other month. my doctor told my husband and i that we had to wait till i had one true period before trying again and it should come in oct. im just so confused about the whole siuation, and i really want to have a baby
hi i ha a hsg exam done and i am feeling so vurnable i feel like i just want a whole bunch of answers to all the milion questons in my head. i am hoping that none of my tubes are blocked i have a GYN appointmnt soon and i will find out the results. guys women to women please pray for me as well as i will be prying or all of your dreams of having  child to come through.
i have had laparoscopy tuesday they said my tubes are blocked. they said i have got to go back in 8 weaks im confused. they said my eggs are getting stuck to the hair folicles in the tubes????jennyxx
My husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for a little over 8 mths now.  My doctor suggested that I have an HSG done on yesterday.  I got bad news that both of my tubes appear to be blocked.  His next suggestion was IVF, which i am sure my insurance does not cover.  So we will see what happens.  I am so beleiving God for the supernatural.  Keep me in your prayers and I will do the same for all of you!!!
I had a couple abortions in my twenties and now am 35, turning 36 in two months.  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 9 months now.  I had an HSG this morning and it appears one of my tubes may be blocked.  I'm so surprised to have anything wrong given my previous pregnancies.  Has anyone heard of a blocked tube related to abortion?  Is there any connection or was I just (un)lucky before?  
I had a HSG one yesterday and still waiting results, but i think one is blocked because they couldnt seem to make one side flow out and i was in alot of pain, so they just stopped trying.  I'm 37 now, and have been trying with my husband now for over 2 yrs now, been married for 5 yrs.  I also had a couple of abortions when i was 19 and 20, and am also wondering if what i chose to do years back has affected me now. I feel like u wishfulthinking.  I can't wait to hear the results of my procedure with my doctor, and get more info.
I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies.. Leaving me tubless. I under went I.V.F in 06. It failed. I have heard of woman getting pregnant with out tubes. I have hope and pray that this happens for my husband and I. It gives me hope. I ask that you all pray for me. If you have gotten pregnant with no tubes I would love to hear you testimony. E-Mail me at ***@****
i'm suffering from pcos and also both my fallopian tubes are blocked as per HSG report. I've been married for 2 years, doc suggested me laproscopy to unblock the tubes. Please suggest if this is the right path and what is the success rate. Also share if anybody has faced the same problem.now my periods are regular with 28 day cycle and i ovulate every month as i also go for ovolution induction. Please help as i'm really want to have baby as soon as possible. i'm 31 yrs.
I have had four miscarriages in the past 2 years and my doc finally decided to do all kinds of testing on my.  After all the blood work and chromosome testing came back negative, my doc decided to do the HSG.  They told me today that I have both fallopian tubes blocked.  Now I haven't had a problem getting pregnant, I just cant hold the baby after five weeks.  My first miscarriage, I heard the heartbeat.  My last two MCs were really painful.  I am losing hope as well and wish I had answers.  All of these tests are emotionally draining. It affects everything that I do.  I wish one of my docs had answers.  I have seen specialists and none of them know exactly whats wrong.  they say to keep trying to conceive, but after four MCS, I am scared.  
I have only one ovary and my tube is blocked and I have PCOS so i have a very little chance to get pregnant on my own, but I did have the fallopian tube surgery done to clear it out, only because they had to remove a cyst first, but my specialist told me that the surgery was not guaranteed to work because scar tissue from the surgery itself can cause it to become blocked again so he didnt guarantee it. But I recommend going to a specialist if you are concerned because you might waist so much time I waisted 5 years of my life going to regular obgyns, and a specialist told me in 2 days of testing what was wrong.
My DH and I have been married for 13 years now. We have 2 sons 13 and 9. I had my tubes tied when my youngest was 8 years old. This year we both talked it over and wisjed for a larger family. I specifically am hopeful for a little girl. I had a reversal in May '08. they could only reverse my right tube. So now we r actively trying. I am wondering how to tell which side I ovulate from. I have read alot online recently and there r alot of conflicting stories. Wondering if I ovulate from my left side can/will the right tube pick it up? Because my tube is damaged on left, will I only ovulate from right? Can anyone help?
I had an HSG test yesterday and found out that my left tube is blocked.  I had a miscarriage this year, so I know that I CAN get pregnant, but we've been TTC for a year now with no luck on maintaining a pregnancy.  My dr. is advising removal of the blocked tube because fluid can be caught in it that can drain into the uterus making it difficult for implantation to occur and putting you at higher risk of miscarriage or uterine tears.  One of my tubes works fine.   I'm just debating this big decision--do I go ahead and have a tube removed?   I'm almost 31 and have no kids yet.   It seems scary to have it removed, but I can't think of even one benefit to keeping it.   Any thoughts?  
I can totally relate to your situation. I have had 3 miscarriages and 1 ectopic pregnancy. I had 2 Methotrexate shots to dissolve the tubal pregnancy back in December of 07. I had a HSG test done 2 weeks ago and found out that my right tube (where I had the ectopic pregnancy) was blocked. The left tube "looks great" the doctor said. I too am nervous about having my tube taken out by laparoscopic surgery. My fertility specialist want me to have it removed because it leaks some hydro fluid that can affect implementation. I am the biggest chicken in the world and am scared to have this surgery but I know that once I do, it will bring me one step closer to my goal.
I'm 29 yrs old, had a miscarriage last year around 6 weeks gestation.  After that, we've tried to conceive for 8 months without luck, after which Ifinally went to a fertility clinic where they suggested to do the basic fertility testing.  Had an HSG done today, found out that my right tube was open but my left tube was blocked, I was devastated by the news.  I'm waiting to talk to my dr to hear my options.  I don't know if the left tube was always blocked or became blocked recently.  I'm hoping that I will be able to conceive soon and carry a healthy baby to term.  I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard....  To all hopeful moms to be I wish that your dreams of giving birth to healthy babies come true soon.  We need to be patient, positive and pray.
I'm 22 and have been married for over a year. We have been trying since Jan with no luck. Because I have had a few surgeries with in my teens for cystsand I have been on continous birth control for seven years (5 of which I didn't have a peiod), my doctor sent me get an HSG done yesterday. It appears my right tube is blocked. It doesn't seem fair. I thought I might have problems as I got older, which is one of the reasons we started trying so early. It didn't seem to help. I haven't ovulated one time since I got off birth control and I have only had one period naturally. I know we are just starting in this battle to have a child, but I don't feel like any of my friends or family understands what I am feeling. They are hopeful and supportive and they don't understand why I'm so sad! All of our friends either already have children or have no desire for them right now. I am in unknown territory and I'm scared and clueless as to what the next step is. It seems like everything that has to do with pregancy takes 2 to 4 weeks to find out the results and the next steps to take. I am definitely learning patience. Any advice????
i am 30yrs with 2 kids 1 boy 13 and daughter 11 my husband and have been married for a while now and have been trying for over 2yrs. i was told that i had one blocked tube, i was treated with fertility medications but nothing happened. per financial reasons we never did invitro. do you think that there is a possibility that i can get pregnant with just the one tube? i have read of people who were told that there was nothing that they could do to get pregnant and they left it alone and god blessed they concieved do you think something like that can happen to me.. i have been feeling all the symthoms og early pregnancy later but i am too scared to take a test and yes i have a late menstral cycle.. please share some advice..
i am 31yr old. I had a ectopic pregancy last year and had a laprascopy to remove the embryo.. after a bad marriage and trying to move forward with life, i went for hsg last week to be sure there are no blockage.. looks like my left tube is blocked/has scar.. i am totally devastated. not sure if i ever will find a person who will understand and be willing to share my life and love ..
Hi, I am 17 years old and recently found out that my one tube is damaged and no good, the DR thinks that I was born with it. I just want to know how much of a chance it would be for me to get pregnant when im ready to have children?
Thanks Sarah
Hi guys

Has anybody heard about this herbal remedies to unblock blocked fallopian tubes that Shola is selling. Please let me know as i am desparete to know if it work before buying. i have blocked tube, scaring and adhersions and i trying for babies and not enough money for IVF.
hi, i am 30 years old i just had my hsg done yesterday bad news both of my tubes are block for no unknown reason iand i want to have kids eveyday i woke up i cry and feel so helpless please help me find out how can i get my tubes unblock its depressing when you want to have a child and you cant. my dr. told me i could go through ivf where they have to place the sperm inside you, please is their another way for me to have my child natural does anyone know if any natural tea work or home remedies this feeling is killing me litter my litter i am stress out i cant even think i love kids so much i i just want to have my own baby a picture of me and my husband. pleasessssssssssssssssssssssssssssshelp help the worst part is i am afraid to tell my husband about my tubes.
Hi Guys

i am new in this forum and i have been ttc for 10 yrs and been daignosed with blocked tubes that are swollen( with liguid), scaring and adhersion as well as little fibroids. i have search the net for cure and i found unblocking blocked fallopian tube.com (something like that) and Felopio sites which talk about herbal medicine and tampones as well as books to read about exercizes(with cd) and what you should eat and what you shouln't eat and special massage(cd) to do on your lower abdomen. i am tempted to try this. I just wonder if anybody has read this or use the products they are talking about and succeed? Please help, iam desparete as time is ticking.
Tried for 2 or 3 yrs to get pregnant. no results. found out right distal blockage. had ectopic pregnancy abt 2 years later. that was 5 years ago, still childless. tips? insurance coverage? help...
Hi! I also had 2 abortions in my early twenties (boy, living with regret is not enough, I now pay for my mistakes with IF)... anyways, I married late and got pregnant at 35 on 1st try with my son who is now almost 4 years old... and we tried for a second child 2 years later and got pregnant right away, pregnancy turned out to be ectopic.  A few months later, a HSG revealed that the right tube was blocked. I strongly believe that the abortions are partially responsible... We have been trying for a second child for over 2 years. IVF failed, Clomid failed, I don't know what to tell you. According to my obgyn, you are still able to get pregnant with one tube... I don't know if believe him anymore!

Good luck
I had a tubal reversal Jan.09,2009, I had a very good doctor, I have 3 older children by a previous marriage, But after 14 years things wasn't working out I found the love of my life my fiance of course he has no kids but, he treats my children as if they were his. Anyway, we are trying to concieve (conceive) now, lately I have been vomiting, severe nausea but I took a HPT it was negative i don't understand.I am praying for all of you who are trying so desperately to have a child i know what you're going through not to mention i only have one tube open as well my left tube is open and my right tube is closed. There is hope, continue to pray God is with us for he knows. don't think about it so much,sometimes you think about it constantly and it never happens. prayers are with all of you.
I am going through my second ectopic pregnancy in 4 months.  I had to have surgery with the first one, now I'm assuming that's what kept this second one from going through.  My doctor seemed really optimistic about me getting pregnant after the surgery, now she wants me to see a fertility specialist after this pregnancy dissolves completely.  I am trying so hard to keep my chin up.  I have one son from a marriage 13 years ago.  I am 34 and my husband is 22 and we really want a baby together.  sometimes you just have to have patience and trust in the Lord that he knows what is best. Believe me , I know how hard that is. I'm praying that somehow,  I will have  a baby before I get too much older, but all's I can do is put it in God's hands and leave it there.  Take care and you're all in my prayers.
Hi Guys I just ecently found out that my right tube is blocked and my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 2 years. I have been unsucessful. I recently had an HSG test done to find thaT my right tube is blocked and every month that i ovulate i ovulate on my right side because I can feel it. I go back to my doctor on Monday to find out what he wants to do and I do believe that he is going to send me to a specialist to have the surgery and you know I just figured out where the fluid is coming from that I have inside my uterus and that is because I have that blocked tube on the right side and it is draining inside my uterus for that. Just keep your head up ladies and it will finally work good luck to everyone of you guys.....
helo girls im 39 and idid a reversal and now i been going to a espesalist but can i afford it no what do i do im so dipress
i'm 36, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. I decided to get an ob/gyn and see what the problem was. Had an HSG done and come to find out my right fallopian tube is blocked, but as the doctor was doing the HSG he said one fallopian tube is all you need to get pg. So then my ob/gyn put me on clomid 50mg and I'm on my second cycle and not sure if I'm pregnant or not but pray everyday that I am. I have no kids, my husband has three. What bothers me is it feels like i'm ovulating on the wrong side, but who knows. I just keep my faith in God and pray for all of you with worries and concerns. Just keep in the back of your mind (DON'T GIVE UP HOPE)
On april 9th I had a hsg test that revealved that both my tubes were blocked with  hydrosalpinx. I was devasted to say the least. Two weeks latter I went ahead and had a diagnostic lap surgery done to confirm the HSG. The surgery was 3 hours long and i was in alot of pain when i woke up. But the news i heard after that was my prayers answered. The doctor confirmed that yes both my tubes were blocked but they were not hydrosalpinx. They were blocked due to adhesions cause either by birth or early childhood. She was able to unblock both tubes and when she injected the ink back inside it spilled right out both tubes. I am hear to say that i went through two weeks of hell thinking i had hydro blockage that the only way to really concieve (conceive) would be through IVF. Please always get a second opinion, HSG test is not always accurate in the type of blockage, only a lap test can surely know. I feel so blessed, i prayed to god so hard and in my heart I know he answered my prayers. Dont give up, the pain i went through with the lap surgery is worth the hope that i will concieve (conceive) natrually. Good luck to all...
Hi I am new here, here's my story. Nine years ago my husband and I found out that he has no sperm, we had to use donor sperm  with ivf. We got pregnant on the first try w/ ivf, then 4 years later we did a transfer and had my second son. Although I know we are very blessed to have my two sons, I still want another so we went back to the infertility doc in nov. W e had an iui w/ no meds, it was unsuccesfull, then we did again in June w/ clomid and again unsuccesful. I just found out my left tube may have blockage, my dominant follicle was on the left side. This month we are doing one more round of iui, and hoping for a good follicle on my right, if not we will cancel, and go to ivf next month.
Has anyone had success with iui and one blocked tube, I also was told that it's not true, you don't always rotate which side you ovulate on, I am praying to feel something on my right side, I started the clomind 3 days ago!
I just wanted to say that accoriding to my RE if you ovulate out of one side the tube on the opposite side can pick up that egg..and you dont necessarily ovulate left to right (and vise versa) every other month..that is not true..and yes having any surgery can cause scarring on your tubes..I have had lap twice and the second surgery both my tubes were unblocked. Which increased my risk for ectopic..I got pregnant 3 months after my lap and unfortunetly it was ectopic. I was lucky that it was caught early and still have my tube..But we will try again..and hopefully the next one will be in utero!
I am 30 years old, no children, one miscarriage in 2002. I found out my right tube is blocked from the HSG test a month ago after seeing a fertility specialist and will go through surgery to correct it or remove it in October. I was told that you only need 3 days for healing after surgery and two weeks no intercoarse. Then I will start clomid for assistance. I went through IVF with my previous pregnancy and the clomid cause me to create 27 good eggs at once, it was like giving birth. Getting married in November.  Pray for me, I will pray for you'all!
I am 27 with no live births. I had 2 miscarrages, the last one was 7 years ago. My husband and I ahve tried for over 5 years. All of my tests came back fine. Last year we found out my husband has low sperm count and low testerone. I jsut had emergency surgery (laprascopic) on Sept 18, 09. I started heavey bleeding and alot of pain. I knew surgery was coming but not so soon. I thought I would ahve my HSG first bc it was laready scheuled. I had to ahve emer surgery and had to stay in the hospital for 2 days . 3 incisions and 20 staples later. The dr didnt know what he was gonna find. I came out of surgery after they did 5 diff procedures they found both tubes blocked, endometriosis and adhesions along with cysts. I was devastated but the doc was able to open my right tube up by doing the HSG while I was under anestethia. They were completely shut and closed, The left one was damaged and couldnt be opened as hard as he tried. He is very hopeful that I can conceive bc he said u only need one tube..he didnt explain it could take longer to get pregnant depending on what side u ovualte on. He said at a later time they could try again to unblock the left. Only bad thing is that it can close bak up..So I am being hopeful and so is hubby. I only had to pay $180.00 down for my surgery bc I have ins. Most dr office will let you pay it out. I am still hopeful and got the go ahead to try and get preggo bc that is my dream. I had to take anxiety meds bc i was so depressed. Now we have some answers and they said if it isnt successful within 6 months we may have to do IVF..and that is relaly expensive! good luck to all just wanted to share my story!
hello all, I understand what all of you are going through...I am 31 years old. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies and 6 miscarriages and now I only have my left fallopian tube. I had to have a pregnancy removed from my left tube but the hsg test revealed that the only tube I have left was clear. That was 7 years ago...now I am afraid that scar tissue has built up in my left tube due to surgery and have been trying to conceive for over a year and have not gotten pregnant in 5 years (my partner and I have not used any form of birth control during this time). I have no children and neither does my partner. I understand how taxing situations like ours can be on our mental health, self-esteem and our relationship with our partner. there are  so many questions that frankly cannot be answered. It is so frustrating!! What I can tell you is...Yes, you can get pregnant with one tube. You ovulate from both ovaries but it is not set (like you always rotate ovulation) you may ovulate from one given ovary for months! When dealing with pregnancies that can potentially harm you (ectopic pregnancies) always seek medical advice and care. Having a couple of tests done is not going to make or break your child bearing. Be in constant contact with your specialist and if matters become too taxing on you or your relationship seek a mental health professional. These are the lessons that I have learned. Remember you are in control and have the resources to accomplish whatever it is you set out to do. So, stop living in fear and make some babies!!! I know that I am still trying =D
almost 4 years ago after the birth of my son i had alot of issues with scar tissue forming and fusing my tubes and uterus together. I had a HSG done and both of my tubes were 100% blocked where the tube meets the uterus i had a few surgery's to repair my uterus but i was told that there was nothing i could do with mu tubes and i could not have children anymore. And they have been correct i have not so much as a false alarm in 4 years i was really depressed and i felt hopeless but then i found a Dr that specializes in tubal reconstruction so my husband and i flew there 2 days after Christmas and i had the surgery done. They were only able to repair my left side because my right had to much scaring but the Dr said that i should have no problem getting pregnant. I am so excited my husband and i have already started to try. Anyone who is having problems dont give up there is always hope. Good luck to everyone and I hope I as well as all of you have good news to share soon....
I'm at the beginning of this whole process. Yesterday I had a SALP test, and looks like I have one good tube. I wont know more for a couple of weeks. I also have a low follicle count. But I want to add just another thought. I know we all want to get pregnant. Still, waiting for the exam yesterday I was sitting with 10 other women, all different ages, backgrounds, financial means. Finally someone spoke up and asked why we were all there. Conversation and sharing began flowing, and it was amazing. Support, wonderful stories of friends that contradicted what drs said, advice to try other things...it was great. We really listened and spoke to each other. My doctor has been really negative up to now, and on our first appointment before I was tested he jumped right to IVF. Still, after my exam yesterday, which I still dont know what it means, I felt happy and excited. It was those women. I feel that way when I read these comments and dialogue from all of you. Regardless what happens in the next months/years, I hope this time with all the women I've connected with will stay with me for years to come as a beautiful and unique experience. I'm starting to see this is more than just trying to have a baby. Thanks.
How can you tell if which side youre ovulating if you had one blocked fallopian tube open
I'm 30, I got married in June 2009 and 8 months later, just a couple of weeks ago I was rushed to hospital one night with severe pain (knife stabbing like). At the hospital they gave me the good and bad news: 'You're pregnant (yay!) but it's ectopic (what?)'. I was rushed to another hospital were they said that I would die if they did not operate right away. They removed the left tube because it was distroyed and they made an incision on the left one which was blocked. There removed 1.6 litres of blood. Right after the operation I was quite upset. You're in loads of pain and according to my husband when I woke up I cried and said 'They took it away'. As I was recovering in hospital and saw many other woman in my situation I decided to stay positive: I still have another tube (even though it is badly damaged) and more importantly my 2 ovaries and uterus are still there, so if worse comes to worse we'll do IVF. There's no point in thinking 'why can that cow conceive naturally and not me? I'm healthy!'. Although I admit the thought does cross my mind sometimes. I had an abortion at 21, and an infection at 28 so I'm wondering if that's the cause.

To all the women out there who can't have their own children, please adopt! You'll be great mothers, your children will love you just as much. If I was adopted I would be so greatful.
my friend who had blocked tube on both sides is pregnant, she said her doctor brought out her womb and the tubes, cleared the tubes and returned then, by next month after the procedure she became pregnant, is the right? would you let your doctor do same for you?
hello my name is Tasha and I had an HSG done in january, they found out that both of my tubes were blocked my husband and i have been trying for about a year now and i am only 20, we are not able to afford IVF so we went along with surgery which i had that done 3 days ago, the doctor had unblocked both of my tube and now says that everything looks good and i can now continue trying. I have has so much stress with all of this and it feels like since i got the surgery done that most of it is gone. I will now wait to see what happens Thanks!
am new to this site, my husband and I have been trying for a baby for 3yrs now since I got married. I have had my hsg done and I found out that the dye only went to one side then I got told that i must do lap, I had that done and found out that my left tube was is blocked, since then I have been stressed and my doctor told me that I can still get preg with one tube. I just called up a private french hospital who said they do unblock tubes and I booked myself in for Tuesday morning. please pray for me so that things go well and hopefully get preg next month. I will keep you all informed. am too praying for all women out there on the same problem with me.
hello im also new here i just want to share and please do leave me an advice also.i was married for 1year but still i cant get pregnant i went to my obgyne she told me that i have to take an TVU then i went back to my obgyne she saw that i have pid...she give me 2 antibiotics..i asked my ob if i have still a chance to get pregnant she told me that yes,,but it will might difficult for me to get pregnant,,so since i read so many threads about pid..etc,,i wondered what happens next?after my medicine i will go for TVU again to see if my infection became small or gone..hopefully yes..i wondered what woud happen next?after taking medicines...does anyone knows what might happens next after this?thanks i wont give up im still praying to god to lead me anywhere thanks
Hello, I am 35 years old and my husband and I have been TTC for over a year.  I have NEVER been pregnant.  All his counts are great.  My blood work showed a low Viable egg count and my HSG showed both tubes completely blocked.  I am scheduled in two weeks to have LAP surgery to have them unblocked.  My DR explained to me that hehas to go in to see why and how bad they are blocked and also a toxin begins to build up if fluid cannot flow naturally.  I cannot wait to have the surgery done. I hope he can unblock them and we can move on to the next step in this long exhausted journey.  ALL of our freinds and family have children.  It is starting to get very hard for me to be at get togethers.  All the women talk about is their pregnancy and trying to have another and blah blah blah.  Hate it.  I have also been to sooooo many baby showers recently that I don't thin kI can go to another one with out having a mental breakdown.  I really hope I hear good news when I wake up from surgery.  Sorry I needed to get that all off my chest.  I will tell everyone that it has helped me to start a journal of this journey my husband and I are on.  Plus if we do ever concieve (conceive) it will be great to share the experience with our child someday.
I am 25 yrs old and i have been married for two years. Me an my husband have been trying for 3yrs now.  I always had irregular periods my wholw life, 4 to 6 period a year or less.  In 2007 i was told that i have PCOS. I have NEVER been pregnant, NEVER had a positive anything. In 2010 I had the HSG test done to find that both my tubes were blocked.  My Doctor never even mentioned any other alternatives. I am DEPRESSED.  Its very stressful, my husband had his sperm tested and he is fine. Its so painful to talk about, and he gets upset everytime i mention kids. IVF Is very expensive, although he is in the Army and they pay a good amount of our healthcare besides IVF. IM LOST!!!! DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
I am 31 years old and have been married for a little over 2 years and TTC for 16 months.  I had an HSG done in April and was diagnosed with one blocked fallopian tube (right side).  Other than that, all is healthy.  Husband has been through SA and all was normal.  OB/GYN put me on Clomid and I had horrible side effects.  I have a follow up appt. this Friday and am being referred to an RE.  I am very anxious and depressed!  
hi! im new to this board. I would like to share my story. my husband and I have been ttc for 5yrs now. in aug 08 i found out both my tubes were blocked due to scar tissue..so we decided to have the surgery to unblocked them. my doc said it usually takes up to a year to get pregnant after that. so okay its been over that so I went back last month and he started me out on 50mg of clomid to boost my chances im on cd10 now and just started my opk testing so we'll see. baby dust to all!
Hi everyone, just wanted to tell my little story, a few years back, i had a ectopic pregnancy, one of the most horrible, scary, painful experience of my life. to cut a long story short it ended up in a burst fallopian tube OUCH! and many night crying and praying that i may one day  be blessed with a child, after my removal of my entire right fallopian tube the docs said i had a very large cyst on my left side they wanted to operate, i was very reluctant as that was my good side and refused surgery. after just 2 months of trying a praying to god, i got pregnant with a beautiful baby girl, she is 5 months now and i love her very much. i remember thinking i would never have a child, but in the end i got my wish, just wanted to say no matter what the problem is you can always over come any hurdle in life  maybe through IVF or maybe adoption, but sometime it just takes a time and a little prayer. Good luck xxx
so i have a question?? first off i an a mother of one natural birth baby now 9yrs old i was 20yrs old wen i got preg and it wasnt hard for me to get preg...then at 28 like 3yrs ago now my ex well we always used protection n the one time we didnt "i got preg!!" but i choose not to keep it....now im 31 in a happy loving relationship,almost a yr now n we never use protection and i have not gotting pregnant and i feel so bad! i feel that im being punished for my actions 3yrs ago:( well my questions is...do u think the abortion has made it hard for me to concieve (conceive) now?
hi everyone,i m trying for 3yrs but no success,finaly i consult to gyn and gone through x-ray and altrasound which showed my left tube is blocked,i have polyp in my uterus  and uterus shape is unicournat type which is not normal shape,my dr advise me laproscopy and hystroscopy last month i have done tht on 24th aug 2010 the result is one right tube is open but its weak and left one is develpmental faulty naturally.now current situation is this i have been advise to try for one year if not conceive then go for ivf.for three months my gyn put me on clomid sept 2010 is my first month just praying to get preg in these three months,anyone gone through like this situation and got preg right after laproscopy and hystroscopy with one weak tube?
Hi, i am 25, i had a tubular pregnancy in 08, it was my first pregnancy, doc took out my tube leaving me with one, i have been trying since then, no luck. doc said both my tubes were damaged, the one im left with not as damaged as the one he took out. he said i only have a 30% chance of having a baby and at high risk for another tubal since my first was a tubal, im going to go get the HSG test to see if my tube is blocked then go from there, he said most likely im going to have to do ivf, bypassing the tube it's so expensive and don't have insurance, but im trying to keep good faith. i'm happy to know there is people going threw simular or the same as i am. and good to hear success story's as well. im trying to get all the info i can get, and find resources and thing's that can help.  
Hi Lovely People!

Im new here, 23 yrs and have been ttc for the past 6months, nothing happened until i went through an HSG which commented that i have Bilateral Hydrosalpinx and both Fallopian Tubes Blocked...oh my God i have never been disapointed in my life, my husband have been so supportive and i really just wish we can have our little one. i foundout on some sites that there are herbal treatments that can open up my tubes and clearly put them to normal shape and that i will be able to conceive naturaly...but now i dont wanna purchase this herbal Kits if they are fake and money suckers, im so desperate that i belive the testimonies of people on these sites. is there anybody that have gone through this herbal treatments and successfully got pregnant naturally after such infertility problems??? please help me im really up to anything right now but i need direction from experts.
I had an ectopic that ruptured my left tube and it was removed in Sept. 2001. In 2006 I married and started ttc.  After a year and a half of nothing I had an HSG.  I found out that my other tube was blocked.  I had the tube unblocked in July 2008 and started on Clomid. I always had a ton of twinges during ovulation after the ectopic surgery but with the Clomid it was worse and I had to stop taking it.  In 2009 I started experiencing bloating and lots discomfort in my abdomen.  I had indigestion; my kidneys were hurting, I had bad cramps and back pain which all coincided with the time of O.  I actually felt like I was still on Clomid but really wasn’t.  In 2010, I went to a new doctor because I moved to another state.  I tried to have another HSG but my cervix did not cooperate.  My doctor recommended surgery (d&C, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy) because I was complaining of abdominal pain and I might have PCOS.  I had the surgery in Oct. 2010. The doctor found that my large intestine was fused to my abdominal wall and he removed a lot of scar tissue surrounding my reproductive organs.  My right ovary (the one I need) was tucked up under my uterus.  I was surprised to find that after the surgery I felt great and all of the symptoms went away and my jeans fit better too.  I had no idea that scar tissue could cause so many discomforts.  Twinges are gone and I feel normal again! (Although the scar tissue could grow back.)  During the surgery the doctor also tested my tube again.  It was blocked at first but then he was able to get the die to pass through.  I am on my second cycle since the surgery (no Clomid) and hoping for the best.  Best wishes to all woman who are experiencing similar challenges.
I%2Bwent%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bhealth%2Bdepartment%2Bto%2Bget%2Bon%2Bbirth%2Bcontrol%2Band%2Bthey%2Balso%2Bdid%2Ban%2Bultrasound%2Bto%2Bsee%2Bif%2Bi%2Bhad%2Bany%2Bcysts%2Bin%2Bmy%2Bovaries%2Band%2Bthe%2Bnext%2Bthing%2Bi%2Bi%2Bknow%2Bshe%2Bis%2Btelling%2Bme%2Bi%2Bwont%2Bbe%2Bable%2Bto%2Bget%2Bpregnant%2Bregularly%2Bbecause%2Bthe%2Bsperm%2Bwont%2Bbe%2Bable%2Bto%2Breach%2Bmy%2Buterus%2Bor%2Btubes%2Bor%2Bsomething%2Blike%2Bthat.%2BIm%2Bnot%2Breally%2Bsure%2Bexactly.%2BAny%2Badvice
i am 25 yrs old and i was pregnant 7 yrs ago n  i have a miscarriage they told me that i have a block tube i went to do a HSG and i have one tube open and one it block how can i get help if one is block and one is open plz help me
the HSG test is not 100% accurate.  It is good to go to a fertility specialists to discuss your options.  IVF is not always the only solution.
hi i am 26 and i have a 5 year old daughter. me and my hubby have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 3 years and 1 month, i went to have a hgc and they said i have one good and one totally blocked i just wondered what happens next. i would love to be able to chat to someone in same situation as me as i have not told any family or friends as i didnt want any added pressure. thank you in advance, Hayley. xx
Well to ease your mind a little I only have one tube, I lost my right tube due to an ectopic pregnancy. I have had a daughter after this who is 2 1/2 and I am again pregnant, 22 weeks. You only need one tube to get pregnant, it could take a little longer, but maybe not. Good Luck!
My husband and I have been ttc for about 2 years and I've had 2 m/c in the past year. All my blood work has come back okay and now they want me to have a HSG test done. Can anyone give me some feedback on how painful it is or isn't? Thanks!!
I have been TTC for a year. I had my HSG done a week ago. The saline solution didnt pass through my fallopian tube as it bubble up.  During the procedure, the pain is like period pain, probably a bit more painful than that. The doctor cannot confirm if my fallopian tube is blocked or not. I got discharge (light period) for a few days after the HSG. I am going to see a reproductive specialist in december for a second opinion. I hope for the best for you rose as well as for my self.
I had the HSG done yesterday...and it was very very uncomfortable for me.  I wasn't expecting that much pain, but my left tube was blocked and the doc had to force it open with the saline. It was worth the few minutes of pain, but it was definitely intense cramping. I took motrin an hour and a half before- wish I took more! I ended up taking some more a few hours later. It's worth the discomfort, especially if you have blocked tubes...hopefully this will allow me to get pregnant now! It might not be bad for you if your tubes are open though...Good luck!
i had an HSG test done in july, it came back that my tubes were blocked. My doctor wasted no time in scheduling a lap to get them unblocked. He prepared me for the worst saying that he might have to take both of them out because i was showing i had a hydrosplinx on the left side. When he went in to investigate and repair it, the only thing that was wrong was that my bowels had attached itself to them. When he separated the two, my tubes were perfectly fine! I hope all goes well for you and you have a baby!
where and what type of ovulation kit should i get?
my tubes were tied in  12-10-2004.i was only 24 then.i just recently married and we want just one more.thats ours.i've been taking pregnancy prep.something called repair.it has bromelian protease,amylase,catalase,papain,and lipase.it works well on strecht marks.helps with the immune system as well.has any one tried using theses and if so did it work.especially the woman who has or had a tubal ligation.what else can i use or do.i dont want sugery.im only 31 yrs.young.please dont forget about me.thank you

Well ive been trying to concieve (conceive) for 4 yrs now and im finally scheduled for a laproscopy test 3-23-12.. i really hope they find out what ever it is cause my severe menestral cramps, heavy menestral bleeding and infertility.
I am 26.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive with no success.  We just recently met with a fertility specialist and has an HSG  (um...ow?) and Hysteroscopy done.  We were told that the lining of my uterus was abnormally thin and that one of my fallopian tubes seems to be blocked which makes our chances of conceiving about 50/50.  I am also a type 1 diabetic, so we are waiting until we have insurance at the beginning of July so we can see our Endocrinologist before we start any hormone therapy to thicken my uterus.  My husband is also having some tests done as they said he had round cells present in his semen.

Thankful that it seems we at least have a shot but frustrated at the explanations I've received.  The fertility specialist told us that there wouldn't be a problem at that "all we needed was one tube open" but only after discussing the results with the OB/GYN were we told that our chances were now reduced 50/50.  

Good luck to everyone who is also going through these same issues!!  I would love to support and give prayers and encouragement wherever I can.  ***@**** if you want to email me and chat.

-Crystal

Is it possible IUI with one tube is ok and one tube is block , anybody get success.what the charges of IUI in dubai

Regards

Minal
HI...Not everyone ovulates every month on the same side.  Most commonly they alternate between left and right for each cycle.  However in my case my right side is more dominate and I ovulate 3 times in a row (so for 3 months worth- 3 cycles) on my right side before ever ovulating one time on the left side and then again on the right side.  My right fallopian tube is damaged so I only have every 4th month to have a chance of getting pregnant.  Personally I would get it fixed if you have it in your budget and or insurance pays for any portion unless you know for a fact you ovulate on your left one month and then on your right month and then left again and so on.  Goodluck !  I spent years waiting for a baby this way....not worth it.  Get your tubes both cleared and move forward...time is precious !  
I have a 4 1/2 year old girl & I have a blocked tube. Go straight to a specialist - your fertilty has so much to do with your age. Don't waste any time. I'm now going to be 40 & wished I had went right after having my daughter. Your eggs are what is the most important factor. I'll keep u updated with what we end up doing to try & get another.baby
9 monthes ago i done loproscopy to unblock my tubes.still with no luck ,is there anyone who tell me how long des it take to get pregnent after surgery?plz
I'm 26 now. and last year pregnant with blighted ovum,and did D&C at 8 weeks on Jan'12, It's very hurt for my all family cz this is my first prgnancy after married 1 year,In July'12 my doc performed HSG and found out my both follopian tube is blocked. I'm very confuse and worried whether there is chance to get pregnant again or not :(
My husband and I have been trying for two plus years and have gotten prego. I went to a fertility doc and he says that possibly from a major car accidnet when I was 11 my tubes where damaged he says everything else looks good however if the tests come back with what he suspects both tubes blocked then we will only be able to have kids through invetro....... I dont know what else I can do. Any suggestions.
I just had an HSG done today, and I found out that my right tube is blocked. My OB-GYN told me to come in a couple of weeks from now to discuss what is next. I had a myomectomy a couple of years ago to remove fibroids and open my tubes up. I will be 29 next month, and I had a miscarriage back when I was 16. I am just hoping that I will get pregnant soon. My doctor said having one tube does not decrease your chances of getting pregnant.
Hi dear
I have the same probleme so i just want to say be strong our day will came some. I will see my fertility doctor in 2weeks time.

Be strong luv u

Beverley