Blood Test for Ovulation
Let me be more precise in my query:

This is the first time I have used OPK & it showed positive on day 15 (I have been having a 30 day day cycle for two months in a row now). Day 14 had a darker than faint line & day 15 was the darkest and then back to faint line in on day 16, so I am assuming I ovulated on day 16. My doctor had advised to go fo an ovulation blood test on day 21. Now, I know it is usually on day 7 post ovulation that the blood test is advised. Since I believe, I ovulated on day 16, shouldnt I be going for my blood test on day 23 as opposed to day 21 ? Will that give false results ? Also, if I am pregnant, what should be my lh reading in the blood ? Please help.
Thank you.
You should talk to your doctor about testing on day 23 instead of day 21. The 21 day blood test is a 21 day Progesterone level. Your progesterone levels peak at day 21 (7 days after ovulation)  and so they can verify that ovulation has occurred. You have to have a minimum of 6-7 on the blood test to suggest ovulation has occurred. Higher levels, such as 15-18+ are considered conclusive for ovulation occurring. The higher levels give you a better chance of conceiving, but a good progesterone level does not automatically guarantee pregnancy. If you are pregnant, your progesterone levels will continue rising. If you are not pregnant, they will begin to drop, signalling your period to start.
After ovulation has been confirmed by blood test, you'll have to wait the additional 7 days or so to see if you miss your cycle and then test for pregnancy.
Good Luck!
Thank you so much for putting my doubts to rest.
It is indeed very informative.
Thanks once again :)
My results for day 21 (5 days post ovulation) came in.
Progesterone level 30.
Got another blood test today, day 23 (7 days post ovulation).
Hope the number rises up, because if they decline, it wont be a good sign, right ? Correct me if I am wrong, please & if you could throw some more light, I'd highly appreciate.
Thank you :)
Also, I never had my progesterone level this high, ever.
Progesterone of 30 is awesome! That's a strong ovulation, so be proud of that number. If the number continues to rise, that's a good sign for pregnancy, if it drops, you are correct that pregnancy was not achieved.
However, that progesterone level is really impressive. So I'm sending prayers your way that it continues to rise!
Hope so...thank you so much, momma2be.
You're awesome. Will definitely keep you posted :)
My blood results from day 23 (yesterday) are in with progesterone level dropping from 29.7 (day 21) to 27.7 (day 23).
Does that mean anything to you, Momma2be ?
Not a good sign, eh ? :(
Hang in there and see how the next test goes. There can be slight fluctuations. If it keeps dropping, not good news. :(  
I have seen women have slight variations and it goes back up again and they're pregnant. So keep praying and don't give up! Keep me posted and hopefully your next one will be back up!
I so hope it does. And yes, I'll keep you posted.
I cant thank you enough for being there and helping me out through this time of uncertainty.
I am going to take a preg test by the end of the week or so. Praying hard and need yours as well.
Thank you so much :)
The wait is a killer.. 4 more days before I can go for the test.
Had cramps & backache last night & inconsistent pain on the left side. Acne breaking up (usually happens to me just before my periods and gone with it).
So very confusing. I have a feeling, this must be the month but then, not much has happened to elevate my positiveness.
Praying hard & keeping fingers crossed.
Here to bother you again,
I felt a discharge this evening but when I checked, there was nothing...
Could this be a sign ?
Should I be testing already? Or maybe wait until monday ?
Thanks.