Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Blood tests???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Blood tests???

I am going to be 12 DPO tomorrow.  I am going to have a blood test done at 9 in the morning with ym Dr.  Do you guys think it will show up that early on a blood test, even if the urine test is still negative?  I am juat asking myself so many questions that I don't know the answers to.  Any help or kind words?
Blood test is always more accurate than HPT.  There are many cases when HPT is negative but blood test is positive since it can tell you exactly what the level of hcg is (HPT only detects hcg above a certain level).
Good luck to you tomorrow!!
hello, hope ur blood test result came out as u wanted? for me am so disappointed just got back from the Doctor had a blood test 8dpo and it came out negative, could u help confirm from your Doc, if  i can still get a positive answer cos today have been having some kind of light cramps. pls help
hope to hear from u.
I went for the test this morning.  I am currently 12 dpo.  I will not find out my results til this afternoon.  The emotions behind all of this are AWFUL!  I pray that I have a BFP.  Please say a prayer for me.
adaba:
If my doctor calls, then I will ask.  It is normally just her assistant!  I will let you know.
albaby: Best of luck! I hope they call with some GOOD news this afternoon!

adaba: I'm not sure why your doctor did a blood test so early, since implantation usually happens between 6-12 dpo. So you never know...you could be pregnant, just not had implantation yet! Best of luck to you too!

:-)
My doc does the beta ta 12 dpo too. That's why they found me "barely preggo" (3.99 hcg) - I had literally JUST implantation a little before that! :) GOOD LUCK!! I hope it is a BFP!
I did get a BFP!  I am SOOOOOOexcited.  Now I cna stop worrying for a little while!!  Such a fun time!  Thanks for the good vibes.
By the way, my hcg was 48 today.  I thought I saw a faint line this morning on the hpt, and it just proves I am not crazy!  LOL!
Yay!!! Congratulations! All the best for a healthy, happy nine months!

:-)
CONGRATS!!!!!! happy healthy nine months! : )
well i hope so , i told my doctor that i wanted to do the test was so curious and eager to be pregnant thats why. but will wait till tuesday on the 2nd september that's when am suppose to see my period before i go for any other test,pls wish me luck, and guess what if i become pregnant am going to pop champagne for u all. lol
whats BFP
means Big Fat Positive (on your HPT) as opposed to the dreaded BFN (Negative, obviously!)
Thank u so very much
hurray!!!!,
so happy for u. God will bless u and ure unborn child and u will also have a wonderful child birth. Congrats
Thanks!  I hope so!
oh congrats..im happy for you
Wow,,congrats on ur BFP!!!!! its a celebration time girl:)
Thanks so much!