Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Blue cervix??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Blue cervix??

I'm hoping somene might be able to help me with this.      I had an appointment this a.m with my gyn. in follow-up of cysts that I have on my ovary.             During the exam my Dr asked when I last menstruated as my cervix appears blue.   My last period started on Mar.8 but prior to that was back in Dec.    He didn't seem to think any more of it when I told him when I last menstruated.     But thinking back now, I would of thought that maybe he would have sent me for a blood test.     So I'm wondering if anyone knows how soon after conception the bluing of the cervix happens?     Or if anyone knows of any other reason as to why it would be blue?      I have tried to check out other possible causes and the only other thing that showed up was something called Blue Nevus but I don't wuite understand what that is or wether it really involves the cervix.                  I have been trying to conceive for almost 2yrs now but I am fortunate to have two boys already!                 Thanks for your help and responses!
I've just heard of pregnancy causing it, did he do a pregnancy test today?  It all has to do with circulation.
Mine was blue at my 8 week OB check-up. Not sure when it turned that way tho. Have you taken a urine pregnancy test yet?
Wow thank-you for your quick responses!!!   No he didn't do a blood test today..once  I told him I last menstruated on March 8th he didn't say anything more about it.  And I haven't done a home pregnancy test yet as I believe I would have to be within 5 days of my next expected period, right?!              I'm thinking maybe I should call my fam.Dr tomorrow and ask them how soon it would turn blue and ask if they can do a blood test.    If you do end up finding out how soon it turns blue I would appreciate if you could pass it along to me.  I'm still trying to find out on the internet but not getting anywhere.    Thanks a bunch for both of your responces, much appreciated!
Found a couple of articles that said it happens in the first few weeks of pregnancy. After a positive preg test. So I am thinking around 5-6 weeks.
So I did a home pregnancy test this morning and it came out negative.   Not sure though if it would have been to soon to do a test as I am still more than 5 days away from my next expected menstruation.  I called my Dr's office and the nurse is suppose to call me back.  Since more than likely I'm not now, I now am left wondering why on earth my cervix would be blue.   Who knows..Not me!
Just curious what your outcome on this was.  I am on day 57 of my cycle.  Not sure if i ovulated.  I went to my obgyn today.  He did a pap and told me my cervix was blue, but just said it could be just some congestion whatever that means.  He didn't do any blood workand I have taken several hpt's and the urine test at the doc which all turned out negative.  
Well I really didn't find out anything more about it except that it occurs during pregnancy, I did not end up being pregnant, so not sure why or even if it still is blue.    
A friend of mine thought that perhaps could have something to do with poor circulation but I have no information to back that up.
If you find out more I would love to know the reasoning behind it.
Take care.
I had my obyn annual exam a today and NP said I had a blue cervix and indicated its a potential sign of pregnancy.  I do not think i am as I have my usual "period due to start" symptoms. Did some google research and found this
http://www.pregnancy-baby.com/chadwicks.php
Its sometimes caused by impending menstration which I assume is the cause of yours?
I assume this is my cause too but I am still secretly hoping I'm pregnant as we have been trying for 18months but we will see....
Best Wishes!
I hope you are pregnant!! Don't you hate that menstrual cramps and pregnancy symptons are so much alike... When i get my cramps and twinges in my uterus I hope its a little me!! So i get myself all worked up.. Then that Aunt flow pops her head in...

Babydust!!!!
I went to the docs today for a paps smear and he told me that my cervix is blue.im confused because i havent been able to get pregnant in years. is there any other reason my cervix would be blue, other than early term prenancy? I have to go back for a follow up monday, im so anxious to know.
i had the same thing, had a smear and was told i had a blue servix and no signs of period coming.  did a pregnancy test and was negative.  but 2 days later i got my period, was very painful and i am still bleeding 5days later with some cramping but now its more like...preashure in there? my normal cycle only lasts 2.5days or 3 days. but on the 3rd day its never been proper bleeding.
if anyone has idears on this would love to hear them, as i cant find much about it.
I had a dr appt a couple of days ago and she told me my cervix was blue.. but my urine and blood test came back negative. I haven't had my period for almost 3 months since I got my IUD removed.. I have 3 kids and don't feel pregnant other than being tired and a few butterflies but that could be caused from being sick recently and having 3 children. Any advice on why my cervix would be blue?