Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Building Sperm Count

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Building Sperm Count

I was told that my sperm count is low. My wife and I are ready to start a family. I need to know what are the best possible thing to use to build up my sperm count.

I have to tight shorts, which I am getting rid of. I also do have a very tight job, which i work and run my own business. Can that bring any effect on the reason for my count being low.

What do I need to do to get it up...

Dr.B
Tags: Fertility
I have got the same question "BUILDING SPERM COUNT" of my Husband.

I REALLY REALLY WANNA KNOW THE ANSWER. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

I would like to beget a baby but because of the low sperm count of my husband i can't.... i googled and found out that FERTIL AID is effective. Do u prefer using this medication?

Please reply my mail in your earliest convenience. Thank you
I am not sure. I am living in a third world country, so medical help and professionalism in that field is not so advance. I would love to know more about this Fertil Aid, is it something I can purchase online?
zink vitamn c and folic acid try that
My DH has a low sperm count and a multi-vitamin and a 1000 mg of vitamin c has helped. If possible I would get a physical and your hormones checked to see why you have a low sperm count. GL :)
oh and exersise and eat healthy x gl
Hey Hannah,
thanks for the advise. Well the other day I went to the doctors and did a sperm test. the problem i think is "which i could be wrong". The morning before i did the sperm test, i travel 400 miles and the traveling is very stressful, then I was told when i went to the hospital that I need to go jerk off to get some sperm and it was not comfortable or relaxing, so not sure if that is a major factor.

but I'll try the vitamin c. for multi_vitamin, i am using OMEGA-H3 not sure if you know about that, but it has 27 known vitamins.

tnx.
My husband has low sperm count, motility our only option is ivf with icsi, He has recently started hcg and gonal f injections to try to raise his levels prior to the procedure.
thanks, i am working on drinking some builders, eating properly " as i think i have an eating disorder" excerising and making my self less stressful. I have a month until i return back home and try again.
Hi Dr.B

We are a working couple.

Am almost on the same ship but Motality is bigger issue as its 30% while Sperm count was 25 it just moved to 35 by relaxed and healthy approach (food and lifestyle). We have been trying since 1 year and so were really Stressed and worried which were only creating more complications and hence more tests. Earlier some of the allopathic treatment only started creating more complications which I avoided.

Let me know if anyone or you get an ayuvedic cure as it does not have after affects which you cannot risk in this scenarior. Right?

-Aryan

Thanks for your comment and advises Aryan. I'm away from home for one month, and during this time i'm usisng to build meself up. I think, I might need to just calm down and stop thinking about it.

Most of my friends told me that i should stop worrying about it, becauses it only creates more stress. I think I'll take their advises.
I just wanted to say that you won't get a doctor response on this forum.  You have to go to the Ask The Doctor forum on the right side of the screen when you first enter the forum room.

Also, my doctor said that sperm count tends to be lower in summer than in winter because it's so hot out.  It may take a few months for them to recover too.  With that in mind make sure you don't wear tight underwear and clothes.  Boxers or boxer briefs are the best underwear to wear.  Stay out of hot tubs and make sure your environment (where you work and live) is cooled off.  No AC can make a big difference too because you are hot.  Riding bikes diminishes sperm count and anything you do that keeps your scrotum hot and sweaty.  The problem is keeping them cool and that's difficult when you have so much other stuff to do.  The other problem is how long it takes for some mens' sperm count to get to where it should be after doing such strenuous, hot work.  These are just things that the doctor told DH and I.  I hope it helps you.  Good luck to both you and your wife!
I also wanted to say that no matter what you do make sure you keep your scrotum away from your body as much as possible.  Body heat will also make your sperm count low.  Hence why you should wear looser clothing and underwear and shouldn't ride bikes.  Whatever you do just make sure there's as little contact between your body (or anything else that's hot) and your scrotum.
Mine is low to I am takeing zinc 220 mg s but it is not working for use.