Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Burning Sensation in My Breasts- Early Pregnancy Symptom?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I developed a burning sensation in my breasts today. My husband and I are trying to conceive, so I am wondering if this could be a symptom other women have experienced in early pregnancy. I haven't missed my period yet, but since we are trying, I thought this could be a positive sign. The burning sensation is stronger in my nipples. Also, I had a mild headache twice today and I rarely get headaches. I will be able to test tomorow and the next day, but I'm just anxious to hear what you all think. You all know how it goes with your first potential pregnancy: It's very exciting, and feels like torture when you have to wait to know! : )

Any thoughts, ladies?

SueGre
Hi there, just thought I would wish you BABYDUST! I had migraines before my first PG, but when I turned up with the BFP..they became unbearable!!! I also had burning in my BB's especially in the sides, like near my armpits (tmi)!!! We lost the PG very early, i think it was chemical, but we are still TTC and hanging in there! We know it will happen soon! Hey, post and let us know if you get the BFP tomorrow!!!!! What a christmas gift that will be!
Thanks for your kind words. We''ll see what the test says tomorrow. I've been reading about burning breasts on the web and also breast itchiness and I have both of those. Also, I think I have a metallic taste in my mouth? You know what can hapen when you read too much stuff on the web, you start to image symptoms when it may not be real. I'm having fun, though, and making sure I don't drive myself nuts by constantly obsessing about this. Our first month of trying, I tested like 8 times, including 2 times at work! I am comitted to not doing that from here on out. Maybe I won't need to anymore after this month :)

Can you please tell me where I can find the guide for all the abbreviations on this site? What is BFP? (I know the P part!)
Sorry to hear of your lost pregnancy. You hear people say miscarriage is the body's way of telling you that everything was not healthy with the fetus. I would like to think this is true and that our bodies take care of us that way. Of course, I haven't ever experienced one so it may be easier for me to feel this way.

Best of luck and have fun trying!
twoweekwait has all the abbreviations to help you. good luck!!
Hi, it's hard to say. I believe that Ive made my self more sensitive to different feelings each month. One time it hurt to put a sheet on mine and I didn't concieve (conceive) that month.
I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm waiting to test myself.
I tested this morning and it was negative. I was really surprised. Then I reread the instructions and it seems I tested one day too early. HCG really needs to be high enough to detect. I'm using First Response. It says that 4 days before your missed period it is only 69% accurate. That remaining 31% is a lot. So, I'll test again tomorrow and see what happens.
Hi, i meant to tell you about twoweekwait.com too! its a cute site. speakin of goin nuts in the TWW, i was CONVINCED i was pg because my fav dill pickles that i eat every day, all of the sudden tasted so nasty! well i told everyone Oh this is IT, i have to be PG because my fav food tastes off....well when i got to my last pickle, i looked at the jar and saw that it was the same brand, just "zesty" in stead of "kosher".....i mean i was INTO IT!!! it was a good laugh tho. still got the big fat neg....im just glad im not the only one! you take care and BABY BABY BABY dust to you!
Ok...so the past 3 days my nipples have been hurting so bad i cant even touch them nor even wear a bra..and then this morning i woke up with my right nipple burning very bad i couldve cried but as all this is going on my nipples have been hard at the same time. I have read about this on google and everything all it really says is pregnant pregnant pregnant! yes there is a chance i could be pregnant but im about 97% sure that im not.. My nipples being very sore and burning has never happened to me before and ive been really stressed about it...I would go to the doctor but my doctors are quacks..and then same if i went to the hospital except id be down there all day and night...so if anybody could help me please do im so stressed.
thanks so much!
thanks so much!
Hey last night my breast stated too feel vol and now i have very sore burning nippels what do u think plz i need help
Sore or burning breasts could mean you are ovulating, about to start your period, or may be even pregnant. It could be that there is a hormonal imbalance. If you feel certain that none of these are the cause then you should probably see your doctor just to give you some peace of mind! :)
Hey wondering if you could help  my period in due in 6ish days my boobs are red hot and feel like they are burning there a big size anyway I'm just wonderig if its possible for me to be pregnant or if there growing or what ever I'm quite scared they have never been this hot and burning like before
When I was pregnant with my son I started having those feelings when I was 5 weeks pregnant. Intense burning in my breasts, felt swollen etc. quite painful. Son is 3 now. A few months ago I felt similar sensations and thought I may be pregnant because I had only felt it while pregnant. It started a little before my period was due. I was not pregnant and got complete relief when my period started. And it started later than usual. I've had it again since then. My doctor just said it could be hormone fluctuations. I have a friend with similar experiences.
Hey.  I have been reading up on all sites not having much luck so I'll try ask here.  I had my periods the beginning of this month as normal.  Have not had sex all this month but my boobs feel like they did when I started getting milk in them when I had my baby girl.  Every now and then I get period pains but every pregnancy test I take say negative.  I recently found out my partner I did had slept with like 5 other girls while him n I were together so could this be some disease? Or could I be pregnant?
So I hs with my husband on d6omc and on day7.8.9 and 11... I started feeling flutters slight cramping that has been constant still... Waves like spasms in my uterus..my temp feels higher and iv been having a headache for 3 days now .. My bbs are tingly my nppls are cold tingle and sensations .. I have been having small cravings and a urge to urine more..today I am noticing a large build up of saliva in my mouth with a weird taste... Also my husban is very fertile he has 6 kids and our 1st child was conceived with 1night of hs 10 years ago.... It's only day 14 omc so I kno these can't be Pms which I nvr get..I also feel bubbles in my lower abdomen kind of like gas..(tmi)... Could I be pregnant again ?