Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
CD27 & pain in back (ovaries?)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

CD27 & pain in back (ovaries?)

So I'm coming to the end of my first round of Clomid (days 5-9, currently on day 27 and no O...that's another story) having recently been diagnosed with PCOS and I'm having some questionable pain. It started this morning when I woke up. I thought it was my kidneys screaming at me b/c I had to pee. I went and felt better...for a while, anyways. Throughout the morning I kept feeling this stabbing pain alternating from side to side in my lower back. Again, I thought it was my kidneys. I was also experiencing some frequent urges to pee, so I made an appointment with my PCP thinking that I had the beginnings of a UTI. Went to the appointment, did a urine test, and nothing! The doctor did say that since I'm 'on' Clomid that perhaps this is O pain.

I have three questions - first, has anyone else ever ovulated this late in the game? (I ran out of OPK's on Monday 11/16, CD25 and figured since there was no joy there that I would need to wait for the next round) second, is ovulation pain normally this strong? and third, if this is O pain, and I have O'd, how long should I keep testing (if neg) until I start the whole thing over again? (some insight....AF does visit me regularly, thus I have to take Provera. I've read that taking it while pregnant can cause some horrible SE, and goodness knows I don't want that! My GYN said to start over if neg on CD30)

sorry...that's a lot to process... I'm just really anxious and excited and nervous.
Tags: clomid, O pain
oops...meant to say I DON'T get AF regularly...