Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
COSTS OF INFERTILITY PROCEDURES...HOW DO YOU ALL PAY???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

I have suffered two first trimester miscarriages in a row recently and my doctor is doing *some* blood testing. My insurance does not cover infertility so i cant have the u/s and x-rays done of my uterus and im really upset because what if my uterus is causing me from carrying my child to term.. :(   How do you all pay for this stuff because i know not many insurance companies do.
Yeah, we have to pay out of pocket for everything too. It sucks, but nothing we can do about it :-(

Not sure how much the HSG costs, though. I actually had that done before our insurance changed, and back then it was covered. Maybe someone else on here knows. I know there are payment plans available for some of the more costly treatments, like IVF.

Take care, and best of luck to you!
just failed my first IVF today.  eveything is out of pocket.......from Home Equity Line.....
Google Carecredit.  That is the credit card I used and it's 18months free interest.  ask your doctor what other payment methods they have, they usually have something.  But, really go in Carecredit and put in what you what and place where you live and it will show the doctors that use it...  Good luck
There are 11 states in the US where it is mandated that insurance covers fertility treatments, Illinois being one of them.  I don't know if its worth a move for anyone, but usually the mandate is 3 IVF cycles, could help a lot.
we have BCBSNC (blue cross blue shield of North Carolina) and it covers infertilty 100%
we have $5000 for diagnosis/prognosis $5000 for meds and $15000 for treatment, that is per member and per lifetime. we have done all of our diagnosis and have had one IUI with clomid cycle. it failed. we have enough for one fresh IVf cycle, which we start in May, and possibly enough left after that for one frozen cycle. some insurance are great. i also found a baby insurance its for anyone that doesnt have insurance and they help cover most of the cost of treatment for infertility. its like $199 to start and $49 a month. i have the info somewhere if you would like to look into it?  GOOD LUCK!! BFP for EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Maryland is another state where infertility costs are mandated.  That is if you live OR work in the state, so if you live nearby, maybe a job change would work too.
My RE and Gyn. were able to have all blood tests, HSG, and u/s covered by my insurance.  They could technically be "for any female problem" so that is how and why insurance paid for it.   My IUIs were not covered nor my meds.  
yeah ive heard that some women that have painfull periods undergo the same type of tests that women who suffer miscarriages go through so maybe i will talk to my doc about it. I think we maybe wont worry to much about the testing unless i have a 3rd miscarriage. 3 is a charm right!!!?
I have a HMO plan through BCBS of Illinois that has the fertility portion of the plan underwrited sp?? by Winn Fertility that covers 100%.  I don't know if they just work with BCBS or not, but might be worth looking into.