Can I ovulate without LH Surge
I have been n Clomid from day3-7.  I had a day twelve egg check and I had 2 follicles -  1 x 6mm and 1 x 15mm.

I have been checking for my surge since day 13 as i normally ovulate around day 18.

It is day 14 - no surge, sexy dreams and EWM.

Can i ovulate before a surge or without a surge?.

Can a vaginal scan cause abdominal discomfort and EWM or can ovulation pain last two days?

Do I get the EWM day of or day before the egg is released?

My husband is coming home on my day 16 very early in the morning (1-2am).  Should my egg still be okay?

This discussion is related to ovulation 4 days after LH surge detected.
I'm assuming you're not going to do a trigger shot, but wait for "natural" ovulation? I know that Clomid can make your CM very thick, and it is supposed to start before ovulation. And yes, I'd think you would have an LH surge even with Clomid. When I did Clomid, I didn't have any surge (tested daily), did have thick CM and no ovulation occurred :( I was tested at my dr. office for ovulation, and it was negative. I also know that Clomid may sometimes delay ovulation, so I think you still may, especially since it seems that you normally ovulate on your own.

Also, if your largest follicle was only 15 mm yesterday, it may need another few days to grow; they're not mature until at least 18 mm and usually grow 1-2 mm per day. Remember that the surge means you will ovulate in the next 24-36 hrs, so you should have intercourse right then. Best of luck!
Thank you so much for your take on the situation.

You make a lot of sense to me.

I will keep doing my LH tests twice daily a s I am sure I have not ovulated yet.

Thanks again
Good luck, Ovulation will not occur without a LH surge as this is what matures the egss for release and as you are waiting i would keep testing, the last time i did clomid i had no response hence moving on to injectable stims, but when remember once the surge occurs as pol79princess said ovulation will occur 24- 36 hrs after
Hi Girls

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

I finally got my surge around 5pm Saturday Evening and my DH came home from the mines at 8 am Sunday morning.  We did the horizontal mambo at midday.  I plan for us to bd again Monday morning.

The EWM i believe was either early or it was left over gel from my scan (sorry if TMI) as I have no shortage now.

Cheers
Hey there!

I just read your profile and you are from Queensland too!

Which part - north or south and how hot is it at your house today ?  I live on the G/C and it was stinking hot .

Did you go to the ANZAC DAY march?  It is so emotional isn't it?  Anyway, I saw you were from Qld and just couldn't resist saying hello.

Cheers

Because you answered my question  so well before, I have another for you.

I am 5dpo with no signs, cervix is low, until today it felt medium band velvety and today I noticed the middle is firm and the edges are velvety.  Does this mean it is open and is this conducive for pregnancy?

Pleas answer I need your help