Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Can Vitamin B complex cause delayed ovulation and no EWCM?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 10 months now.  In March I started taking Vitamin B complex and in both March and April I am sure I didn't ovulate (or ovulated very late) and had no EWCM. Plus in March my cycle was 41 days and I'm pretty much sure because there are no signs of ovulation this month (no thermal shift in body temp and no EWCM, its going to be a long cycle this month too).
I can't help wondering that this change is related to taking the Vitamin B complex - cause nothing else has changed in the last two months apart from this.  Prior to taking this I know that I ovulated around day 16-18 (have used OPKs once and most months had a dull ache/cramping pain plus I had very obvious EWCM)
Does anyone know if the Vit B could be the cause of this change? Has anyone else found this?
thanks
V
This is really strange - I thought I was the only one! I have been taking B complex for 2 months - B50 last month and B100 this month - and it appears to have had a negative affect on my cycle.
The month I started on the B50 I had a 7 or 8 day LP (it was 10 when I started!) and this month I am on CD19 with no signs of ovulation or EWCM - again unusual for me. Like you, I can only attribute this to the B vits - so strange as others claim it helps regulate your cycle and improves EWCM?!?
So this post is a little old, but I found it interesting!  I am & have been for 2 months now a combo B12, B6 & folic in somewhat higher dosage ( cant remember off hand) & this last month, I KNOW I O'd cuz it was a medicated cycle (trigger) BUT I had VERY VERY VERY little CM!  Which I normally have lots of.  This month I am not doing meds, & NOW I;m wondering if these B vitamins could be why I didn't have CM during O?

Anyone have any experiences?