Can a d&c cause infertility problems?
I had a miscarriage seven years ago that did not expel itself and required a D&C.  I was supposed to be 12 weeks along but the baby did not develop past 8 weeks.  It seemed to go well as there was no infection.  I've been charting and ttc for going on 5 months now.  I know it's early on but I was wondering if the D&C might have caused some scarring or something.  I have a job that takes me out of town often and cannot dedicate the time I would like to in order to conceive.    I have two more months before I will be away from DH for almost six months and would like advice on what to do.  When I return from work in the Fall, I plan upon meeting with my Doctor and would like to know what I should be asking.  Thank you for your help!    
I think chances are very slim that the D&C caused any problems. It can happen, though...it's just very rare. I think it's great that your charting, that will really help you understand your cycles better and give you an idea of when to expect your most fertile time period.

Are you using OPKs? That's another good tool, as it gives you a 12-48 hour notice before O, so you know when to BD to maximize your chances.

I hope you get pregnant soon, so you won't have to worry about being away from your DH for six months :-)
Yes, it definetly can cause scarring.  I had the exact same scare.  One indication of scarring (also known as Asherman's Syndrome) is if you have had normal af since the d&c.  If you have, then you should be fine, if not you may want to request a HSG.  Good luck.
I don't believe it can cause infertility b/c I had M/c Aug 27th and a D&C Sept. 5th....and I'm currently 8.5 weeks pregnant with triplets
thanks everyone for your help.

wannabamombad - I'm not too sure if I've had regular AF since.  I didn't start charting till recently.  I always thought I had irregular and short cycles but since charting they seem to be more regular than I thought.

Heather5 - I don't opk but I have identified through BBT, CM and CP that I usually O on CD13.  However, initially, my LP was only 10 days.  I have been taking vitamins regularly and that seems to have lengthened my LP.  The only odd thing is that every few months I have a long LP with a short AF.  From charting, it appears that I still ovulate, I definitely don't get pregnant but my LP (in those incidents) can be anywhere from 17-21 days).  Otherwise my LP is consistently 12-13 days.  I've asked the Dr. about this and they just don't know why.  They think it's a chemical pregnancy but I don't think it is - BFN's and absolutely no indication that I was pregnant.  My AF after the long LP is always really light and scarce.   Anyways...

I guess I'll try and dredge up some more patience and keep going at it.    Thank you all again, everyone on this site is such an inspiration.  

Brown Eyed Gurl - Congratulations on your triplets, I hope that your pregnancy is a happy and safe event that will fill you with much joy!  But, my words, triplets!  That must feel crazy!  (In the best of ways.)
i also had a D&C done in february of 2009 at 8 weeks pregnant due to a blighted ovum and i am fearing that i will not be able to get pregnant as i have been ttc since my second cycle and nothing so far. My last period was in june and my OB started me on 50mg clomid to speed up the proces. my period has always been regular even up to this point, I am expecting my period on the 17th of july but my breasts have been tender from last week, exactly two weeks before my period and that does not happen normally so i am hoping i am pregnant.
how long was it from the time you had your m/c before you got pregnant again? Did you have to take any fertility treatments?
hai, my wife had a problem.
she had D&C this June. but still havent had her period till october.
we go to specialist doc (different doctor). she do ultrasound, and she told us my wife couldnt get pregnant due to badly damage at uterus. we were shock and hardly believed.. she gave us a medicine which would heal her uterus. we wouldnt sure if it is effect or not.. me and my wife wanted to have kids so badly.. please help us..
I was curious to know have u guys still not bn able to concieve??
i had a d&c in 1998 was only 3 months along. the man i was with i was with for 2 yrs. the man after that i was with for 2 yrs and then my husband for 10 yrs. using no birth control or condoms cannot get pregnant to save my life.my moms side of the family can sneeze and have 8 kids on each relative.
Hi I need some help I had a MC in 8/2011 and trying since then to get preg and nO luck , any advise please
I had my son 6 years ago without trying. We got pregnant on the first try with our second, but I lost the baby at 8 weeks and had a D&C. That was almost three years ago. My doctors can't figure out what's wrong, I'm afraid to try IUI without knowing what the problem is. I had a HSG done, have strong ovulations (With repronex and chlomid), and my husband is Capt. America when it comes to sperm count. I'm afraid the D&C damaged me in more ways then one. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That's what this feels like. What's my next step? Has anyone else had this issue?