Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Can clomid give you a false positive preg.test?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

I started clomid on aug.17 -aug.21 and 2 days ago ive being having minor cramping and minor bleeding so i decided to go a home pregnancy test this morning and came out positive i took it twice and both positive could it be clomid making it be positive or am i really pregnant?
my understanding is no. congrats, call your dr and get a beta done.
I hope this is it but im scared since ive being having minor bleeding hope its nothing to worry about!!
My guess would be that you are PREGNANT! I don't think that the clomid would effect the HPT result because you took it at the beginning of your cycle. I agree with pertykitty, call your doctor and get bloodwork done. Hopefully Congrats are in order!!
i took another test on that day and came out positive too. I did one today cd20 and came out neg. What could be wrong? has this happen to anyone? Im confused am i really pregg? what do you all think?
Maybe your urine was not concentrated enough? CD20 is extremely early for a BFP so give it a few days & test again...if you are pregnant your hcg levels should double and your bfp line will be darker!! I wish you the best of luck!!
I went today to do a blood test to confirm if I was pregg. Well im PREGNANT dont know why it showed this soon but I am hope everything goes ok!! thanks to all god bless!
I also need help on this matter. After several attempts to get pgnt, my OBYNG Dr. prescribed 50 mg Clomid. I took as directed went to get Serum Progesterone test day 21 and a week later the Dr called and said that I didn't ovulate and i didn't ovulate so, she increased Clomid to 100 mg. This was las month on the 25th. I was expecting my regular period on the 30th to start the new round of clomid. On the 29th I got a hpt and came out positive with a faint line. I waited another week and performed another hpt and got positive again. I requested copy of the progesterone test  hoping for an error  and effectively the results were 4.6.. no ouvlation. It is possible that I am pregnant? I'm never late in my period but I do not have symptoms.
congrats ;). so what I have been told is that a level of 2 or more indicates ovation, although that is very low, still.
You for sure oulated!!!!! yeahhhhh
I also took 50 mg of clomid, did my progesterone test, came out very low... doc prescribed 100mg, i'm 2 almost 3 weeks late.did the home test today 2 times... to start the 100mg... but my test came out POSITIVE... hopefully i'm pregnant...
God Bless Us...
Congrats, i'm hoping we're pregnant...
I saw my OB Dr today. She told me that I'm pregnant, so she requested two blood tests to ck my progesterone& Bta level. I have to wait till tomorrow. So ladies, Clomid does not give false-positive
YEAHHHHHHH CONGRATS!!!!
Hey ladies: I got so far 3 (HCG) blood tests and all of them show a nice increase in number...1st: 132..2nd: 346..3rd: 525. The doc told me that everything is looking ok till now. I have a follow up test monday 0ct 19. I'm so happy
By now you should know that you're truly pregnant. Congrats! We got pregnant in the 1st round of clomid...keep me posted in your progress good luck
That is crazy because I am in the same boat right now. The exact same thing is happening to me.
I have also taken 50mg of Clomid... I took a ahp test and it came out positive on day 10 after taking the Clomid... But on day 12 it was negative... Any suggestion?
The same thing has happened to me... I took the chlomid for 2 days and then on the third day did a hpt due to symptoms and got a positive so didnt take any more chlomid. Being so eager I have done 3 more hpt, one each day after and they have all been positive, so that is 4 out of 4... Hopefully its not the chlomid giving false positives??
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers