Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Can iui work on the first try? What are the chances?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I want to know if iui can work on the first try? I have no fertility issues. I have 6 daughters and I want a son. I was pregnant with a little boy a while back but he had trisomy 18 and he did not make it to birth. I am doing gender determination with iui and I was wondering what the chances are of this work on the first try. Also my dr. said he could put me on clomid to increase the chances. Would that be the best or is natural better? I will most likely ovulate on nov 24-26th. The fertility clinic said since I seem to be very fertile that I have a higher chance than most of it working on the first try. But they didn't say what that chance is. The reseptionist told me most people do it about 6 times before it works. Please help this is coming up soon and I am so nervous.
I did IUI due to fertility issues. I have endometriosis and don't always ovulate. My dh has low count and low morph. We did IUI with trigger and clomid and only had 1 follicle big enough and I got pg the first time.
I got my pregnant on my first try with IUI, unfortunately, it ended up being an ectopic pregnancy, but it DID work. We used Femara and an trigger shot. My husband had a questionable semen analysis, so our RE didn't think it would work, and in fact had said that had the semen not already been prepared, he would have just said to scrap this cycle. When I had asked what he thought our chances were, he said 10%. Just goes to show you that all of this is sort of shooting in the dark ! Please don't lose faith. Hang in there and don't forget, it only takes one! *hugs*
hi there iui can work on the first time there are plenty of ladys it has worked for
ppl usually do clomid with the iui so they release more eggs making the chance of coneption higher....there is no way to give a percentage though hun good luck on your journey :) baby dust
Thanks guys just found out today 9 dpo I got a bfp. So excited.
Congrats on your BFP!