Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Can this faint positive be the HcG Trigger Shot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Well... I was feeling a little weird yesterday so I took all your advice and went to the Dollar Tree and bought a $1.00 pregnancy test... (amazed to see the sensitivity level was 20 mui)... but it was as faint positive.  Very faint.

I took my trigger shot on day 8 and had my IUI on day 10.   Yesterday was day 22 and I am due for the beta blood test Wednesday (day 24).  I just couldn't wait.  But a positive is a positive, right????

I am not even 2 weeks from O.   I am cautiously excited b/c I m/c in Feb.   But could this be a positive or possibly leftover trigger?  

I have PG symptoms... sore BB, BB are bigger!!, fatigue, gas (TMI)...  but I am also on those awful prog. suppositories.  

Has anyone had a trigger shot remain in their system for 2 weeks?

Could this be my BFP????

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!!!!
Mine lasted about 11 days...but it depends on how much and what kind of HCG trigger you used, there is ovidrel (250 and 500 dose) and I had the 250 and it was in me until 11, but if you had the shot on day 8 and you tested on day 20, that is 12 days...test today and see if it got darker...if so, start doing a baby dance celebration :)
I feel so out of control testing today... I mean I am having the Beta tomorrow.  How little self control can I possbily have to not be able to wait until tomorrow afternoon!

huuuuummmmmmm..........mmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMM

Ok, you convinced me... you make an excellent argument... I cannot argue with you anymore... my husband says the same thing.

oh **** it... I'll go back to Dollar Tree today... thank goodness it was only a buck!  I will tst again after work!

THANK YOU!  

I wouldn't be able to hold out either!!  I had a hcg trigger 8 days ago on April 30 and I want to test already!  I am going CRAZY  - the last week was the S  L  O  W  E  S  T ever and I still have one more to go to see if it worked!!!!  The RE said not to test until the 17th - what is she nuts????   UGHHHHHHHHH!!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers