Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Can you Ovulate on day 25 of your cycle?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I have been using the ovulation sticks for the past 14 days and today I believe I have actully gotten a postive LH surge on my test on day 25.  Is this possible.  Last night every once in a while my boobs would kinda hurt and I have been in one kinda of mood the past couple of days.  Does this haapen when you are ovulating?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

?
sure you can.  are your cycles long?  i have a 32 day cycle and ovulate around day 17 or 18.  
I really don't know how long my cycles are cause they are not regular..
then yes you can.  not everyone ovulates on day 14, in fact most don't.
You could very well ovulate then, just depends on your cycle length.

From the start of aunt flow, everyone's days varies until ov.  Its after OV that everyone is between 12-14days.  That part doesn't vary too much.

I found an excellent book that provided me with tons of answers.  "Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health" by Toni Weschler.  You can find it on Amazon.com.

I felt that this book is completely worth taking the time to read and absorb.  However,  I just wanted to mention that you might want to take her negative opinion of doctors in general with a grain of salt. Why I think her book provides invaluable knowledge for women, she can be a very tough on the medical field.  Sometimes, you need the person in the white coat, at least that is what I think.

thanks,
Did you find out it you were pregnant? I usually have 50 day cycles and I just ovulated at least thats what the Pee stick said. I am at day 25. My doctor told me that I could not ovulate at all if I am having 50 day cycles. Let m know what you found out. I have an appointment with my Fertility endocrinologist soon to discuss clomid to get me regular and talk about my crazy thyroid and my meds for that. Any help would be great to have then.