Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Can you tell if my chart is triphasic or not?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Hi i was woundering if anyone that has become PG that they new by there charts being triphasic or not??? im woundering this because my chart has a dip 7 dpo the climbed back up, never seen that dpo. normal its up and down right through out dpo....

this is my chart on FF all comments are welcome

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/10550b

my AF is not due for another 4 days
It is certainly a nice looking chart with lots of room for speculation and excitement! However, dips and triphasic charts can only be interpreted in hindsight. I have had plenty of post o dips to get bfns. On the bright side, I have had 3 triphasic charts, 2 were bfp and one was just fun to look at, he he he. If your temps stay at today's temp or higher for another day or 2, you should get the "triphasic chart" message from ff. It brings up a link to all the stats on triphasic charts. Lots of good info there. Good luck!!!!!
I found the info on ff this am, here it is-

What is a triphasic chart pattern? Does it mean I am pregnant if I have a triphasic chart pattern? Do I have to have a triphasic chart to be pregnant?

A triphasic chart shows three levels of temperatures: pre-ovulation, post-ovulation, and then a second rise around 7-10 days after ovulation. Some women with charts that show this pattern turn out to be pregnant. But many do not. Likewise, your chart does not need to show this kind of pattern for you to be pregnant. Whether or not you are pregnant, progesterone, the hormone responsible for raising your temperature after ovulation, generally peaks in the middle of your luteal phase and this can cause this kind of pattern whether or not you are pregnant.

A triphasic chart can be promising, however, because progesterone levels generally increase after implantation (7-10 days past ovulation) in conception cycles, and sometimes this results in a triphasic pattern. If your chart shows a second significant thermal shift that begins 7-10 days past ovulation, Fertility Friend will indicate a triphasic pattern in the Pregnancy Monitor. A triphasic chart, however, is not a definite sign that you are or are not pregnant. It is just increasing your probability if you also have well-timed intercourse. Likewise, you can be pregnant and not have a triphasic pattern. Like all signs of possible implantation or pregnancy, you can really only speculate about it once a pregnancy has already been confirmed.

For a detailed statistical study, please read FertilityFriend.com's Triphasic Pattern and Pregnancy report.
Results:
Frequency of a Triphasic Pattern for pregnancy charts:
12.46%

Frequency of a Triphasic Pattern for non-pregnant charts:
4.47%

Average Days Past Ovulation (DPO) when this pattern occurs:
9 DPO

Hey my temp is the same as the other day. if not triphasic chart than maybe either 3 things,
1. implantation dip
2. fallback temp
3. just carzy temp for this month

But in saying that i no i started my last chart late but it was erratic... this month its smothly up and up then dipping then a little higher than before it dip..
you are right its so much un looking at it..its intresting to see what your body gets up to through the cycle.
Im not going to take a pregnancy test till AF. that way i can disapoint myself. And just take a day at a time... if its ment to be then hey more power to me, If not the always next time huh?
from sammie
It looks good, but you are right - only time will tell!

Good luck - I hope this is your month!! :)
Thanks i hope so,
aint it crazy how sooo much infomation can be interprated on fertility, i personaly think its its amazing....
I chart stalked you again this am to see what was doing, lol. It is really a nice looking chart! I hope it proves to be a chart you can post in the "pregnant" section at ff. Here's a link to my chart, mine is looking like it's going to go triphasic this cycle, too. Not a normal follicular phase for me, nor was last cycle. If you can, I don't know how far back ff will let you look at charts..My July 13 chart was triphasic and bfp. Sadly it was a chemical, but bfp none the less.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/184936
Oops, not July 13th, June 13th is the bfp chart :)
Looked at your chart this morning - it is looking great! If it doesn't go down in the next three days, I would bet my booty you are preggo. Your last chart was 13 days and it dropped on the 14th day and you got AF. So, since it is day 11, you got three days to hold out. I got my BFP (well, got a big FAINT FAINT FAINT positive) on a FRER at 9dpo in Janurary. My temps were looking similar to yours. They just kept climbing and climbing. It was my first triphasic and my first BFP since we started ttc 2 years ago. We lost our baby - but at least I now know what a triphasic chart looks like for me :) Anyway, yes, I think it is looking really good - hopefully it continues to go up and up :) Good Luck! Keep us in the loop and let us know :)
Yeah actually i was suprise this morning ir went up a notch considering last my its was up and down like a roller coaster... Congrats on you test science teacher for you possitive....
I look at the charts on tinas FF and i no you can look at any you want. tho im only on a basic membership..so i can see all mine but put them all in for shareing which dont bother me at all....
Im really trying to not get my hopes up because i hate the feeling of finding the AF or big fat NEGATIVE on a test. leaves your feeling pretty rough...Although i did have a depo shot in 2005 and that was the last time i had the depo shot soo that should be out of my system by now..
fingers cross and all smiles never the less....if not this month then maybe next month you never no right, thats what makes baby making fun..

xxxx
So em it looks like my temp is dipped again, not that low tho, windows were open last night and celaling fan was one so i was pretty cold when i woke up, but i dont no if that would change the bbt temp or not...

Its at 98.3 this morning 0.2 degrees lower than yesterday...
supposed to due for AF EITHER 13th or 14th...i always give 1 day more for my period but iv been smack right onit so far for the past 4 months.
Well, you are really looking for trends not a single number - so, again, tomorrow's temp will be more telling!  Not to be the bearer of bad news, because I FIRMLY believe that every woman is different and anything can happen, but my temp usually starts a drop before AF shows up!

But, again, tomorrow's temp will be more indicative of what's happening!  Not over til it's over!! :)  Good luck - rise, temp, rise!!!
Hahaha thats funny. Its not over till the BPN sings huh...lol. that is true every women is different. my temp did drop last month right on the day of my AF so if my temp drops, then maybe next month..
thats what make baby making so much fun. hows everything on your end?
I too am wondering if my chart is triphasic. It has never done this before.

http://***********************/ttc/index.php

Please let me know if you can view my chart.

Thank you for any feed back anyone can give.

40 and trying for #1