Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cervical Stenosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cervical Stenosis

I have been ttc for the last 4 years with no success and recently I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis and was told that I had an abnormal cervix.  Does this mean that I won't ever get pregnant?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
I do not know much about your condition, but I do know that if you try to  conceive using IUI it surpasses your cervix and the sperm do not have to worry about getting through.  
I have scar tissue on my cervix so I had no choice but to try IUI.  I only tried twice, but we are trying IVF this month.  I think I have an antibody problem (o neg. blood type) so IVF with ICSI is my best bet.  
I am sure that if it is your cervix that is your problem, you will still have a great chance of getting pregnant!  You may have to try IUI though.  They insert the sperm into your uterus using a catherter (typically not painful at all) so it surpasses the cervix.  All they have to do is swim!  Has your husband been tested?  Keep us posted!  Best of luck.
Blank
My Physician has also suggested that my dear husband be tested and we even discussed IVF as another option.  I'm ready to take the next step and well as soon as my dear husband has taken his test I will let you know.  Thanks for your kind advice.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...