Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cervical position and early pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Cervical position and early pregnancy?

Hi, ladies
I was wondering how fast your cervics rises after you ovulate if you conceived? I ovulated on Mon. and Tues. it was low and firm. Yesterday when I checked it was higher and softer. I also woke up Tues. feeling queasey and it hasn't gone away. I am trying not to get my hopes up, since my DH and I want this so bad. If you ladies could share your opinions and experience. Thanks
Brandy
You should be ovulating when your cervix is soft.  
You ovulated on Monday or tuesday, only one of those days.  Traditionally, your cervix is high when you ovulate.  At the time of and leading up to ovulation your cervix should be high, open, and soft.  Very soon after ovulation your cervix will drop, close, and firm up.  If you just ovulated your abby cant implant for several days, probaly 8, so you wont notice anything (unless you are really lucky) until then.  Cervical postion is not a good indicator of pregnancy at all. There are several women on this forum who's cerivx is all over the place throughout our cycle, and this is normal. The only thing you can do is wait unitl 8-10 days past O and start testing. But dont put much value on where your cervix is after ovulation, it cant tell ya much.
I was going to ask that very question! Whew, someone beat me to it! lol
so i'm 14 DPO and still hanging out and haven't POA since 11 DPO when it was BFN..yeah my cervix is high and soft..but i know means little. Just like you I thought this might be a "sign", but alas, it aint. I'm not nauseous though,though i was pretty bad at 10 dpo. i must have a longer luteal phase that the average lady. I feel like AF is about to show up for tea and crumpets..such a *****..pardon my french.