Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Cervical postion, firmness, etc....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Cervical postion, firmness, etc....

So, I was wondering... is all this stuff about your cervcial postion and cervical mucous an indication of pregnancy?  I am currently 6 dpo (i know, early!), but was just wondering a few things.  Normally after o for me my cervix stay high and soft and open and I have a thick sticky discharge till AF shows.  This time after O my cervix is long, hard and closed and I have a more slimy discharge.  I didn't know if things can just change, or maybe this is an indication of an impending pregnancy.  What do ya'll think?  Thanks!
This is from a well trusted ttc site:

What is the cervix position like during early pregnancy? Can I tell if I am pregnant by observing changes in my cervix?

Observing your cervical position after ovulation will not provide any clues about whether or not you could be pregnant. Whether or not you are pregnant, the cervix usually returns to a non-fertile position in the two weeks following ovulation.

That being said, on all 3 of my bfp charts, my cervix changed very little each day. Most times it was high and medium. Two were early losses. My one pregnancy went 12wks 1day. That one it stayed high and medium/firm until around 8-9wks then it "thickened" and became very firm. I did have major amounts of creamy cm. Sorry if tmi.
thanks tina, that was VERY helpful!!